Mr.Pink

BP advertising techniques that need to go away.

71 posts in this topic

The ad where someone's holding a piece of paper with the name and phone number.

Snapchat filters.....this ain't high school.

Bathroom selfies.

Feel free to ad to the list.

14 minutes ago, Mr.Pink said:

Snapchat filters.....this ain't high school.

Bathroom selfies.

Feel free to ad to the list.

+100

I like bathroom selfies. Sometimes it gives a more natural (less professional) feeling to the pictures.

I agree with the snapchat filters, though.

1 minute ago, Bora Bora said:

I like bathroom selfies. Sometimes it gives a more natural (less professional) feeling to the pictures.

I agree with the snapchat filters, though.

Maybe if they keep the commode out of the shot. 

And clean up the bathroom a little!!  Haha!!  I’ve seen some that are so cluttered that I don’t even look at the person, just the mess!  I also dislike the filters, and emojis used when they’re typing up descriptions of themselves and services.  I like TOB because it seems more professional and “grown up” so those little things bug me too. I don’t however like the lack of description like they used to have on BP aback in the day when a provider was able to describe herself, her wants and needs and give a personal intro 

5 minutes ago, eatu55 said:

Especially if there is a floater present - an all time classic! 

25 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Some people dont have lavish bathrooms... with water closets..some girls are making due with what they have... some girls have had professional pictures cause business to drop... 

Maybe a good photo gallery strategy would be to have a few selfies or phone pictures, and a few professional pictures.

1 hour ago, Mr.Pink said:

Actually, I like it when they hold up a piece of paper with date name and phone number.

28 minutes ago, valconxen said:

Actually, I like it when they hold up a piece of paper with date name and phone number.

Yes! I like it too.

I miss Backpage  and this sport or hobby was much easier back  . How do you guys like these other sites that don't even put the date or time that the girl posted the ad?

I like to TOB, but most everyone wants references and I'm nervous enough without giving out personal information.

1 minute ago, Mike940370 said:

I miss Backpage  and this sport or hobby was much easier back  . How do you guys like these other sites that don't even put the date or time that the girl posted the ad?

What other sites?

38 minutes ago, Mike940370 said:

I like to TOB, but most everyone wants references and I'm nervous enough without giving out personal information.

A reference is not your personal information. It is the other girls you have visited that can say you are not law enforcement, and you are a safe client to see.

The greatest thing about this business is, you do not have to see anyone with a messy bathroom, or Bunny and puppy dog ears...  

I don't mind the paper... Most girls aren't going to bother photoshopping their number and a date onto a stolen picture. It's a good way to verify newcomers who are not yet reviewed. At least that the photos are legit.

That said, I like professional photos better... Makes it feel like you're seeing a grown-up.

I have selfies for Another gallery and  on My Twitter feed where they can Always be seen if asked for And are Always "that week" recent.

Yes!  I hate messy backgrounds too, Not any style in particular, Just messy .... it is Waaaayyy to easy to build a clean space to take a Selfie. Whether it be the bathroom, a lavish bedroom or a hotel room....Just my opinion ..

But a far as Advertising My own "appearance" since services are no longer allowed.. I prefer professional or the best I can attempt photos if I am paying for my advertisement on that site, I accept money just as serious as I spend it :)

4 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

When you're advertising, you're trying to reach a certain demographic.  Most of the clients are older and thus, would most likely be put off by Snapchat filters.  If you are trying to find clients in their 20's, it would make much more sense.  I'm a man in my early 40's and I'm not fond of Snapchat filters.  Women seem to find them adorable but men, not so much.  I don't think I've ever seen a man post a Snapchat filter from my FB friends but the women love to.  It's just my personal preference but I've never seen a guy in the forums even say a single positive thing about Snapchat filters, on the contrary, it's always negative feedback towards them.

Exactly right! It's crazy because most snapchat filters slim your face for those filters! Dont be FOOLED! 😁 

The sad part is the ladies using filters so much aren't on the forum to see this! 

12 hours ago, Mike940370 said:

Backpage was a cesspool of scammers, ripoff artists, pimps with a few legitimate ladies mixed in.

The ladies here on TOB that ask for screening information ask for that in order for them to check you out and make you are who you say you are and to keep themselves safe.  In return, their screening also ensures that you are going to be safe with the lady of your choice.

One thing to remember, the ladies have as much to lose as you do if things go badly.

Snapchat filters...complete turnoff and does nothing to enhance the beauty of a lady.

Holding a piece of paper with name, phone number and date...I consider that person to be a scammer, ripoff, or pumped out.  This not necessary on legitimate site like TOB.

Mirror selfies are sometimes needed, but make sure the surroundings that show in the mirror are organized and clean.

Edited by ilovewomen

A link to their website, Twitter, Snapchat and nothing is there. 

I guess I’m the different one when it comes to the filters mainly because most of the women hide their faces as a whole and those filters pretty much do the exact same thing except there’s no blurring or completely cropped out faces. Other physical aspects come through load and clear in the photos.

So, no, the filters don’t bother me if I keep that in mind. 

16 minutes ago, Laci French said:

All the damn emojis ❤️❤️❤️💦💦💦 and WoRdS TYpeD LiKE tHiS.  

🐰  ears are childish, not SeXY😂

Those ads never get opened at my household. 

Edited by Bit Banger

Also I feel like if every picture has your phone number in the same font.... that your using fake pics and.hiding it from tinyeye by editing it to add the phone number...

6 hours ago, Laci French said:

All the damn emojis ❤️❤️❤️💦💦💦 and WoRdS TYpeD LiKE tHiS.  

🐰  ears are childish, not SeXY😂

Per the TOB rules; this has been a standard set for quite awhile now.

“When starting a thread; Emoticon/emoji's will not be allowed in the Title/Header.”

Also a note to the membership::

Please vary the use of emojis within posts, focus on drafting your comment & include the emoji as a secondary thought...

Ah the world of filters,social media and photo editing from your phone.  It's creating that sense of reality and fantasy. 

Does open-minded mean something completely different than I’m thinking?  I see it in listings and I’m wondering if it might be code??  

On 7/9/2018 at 3:26 PM, eatu55 said:

Also, maybe wipe any toothpaste splatter off your mirror first. 

Took some looking, but in case anyone thought I was kidding:

Image result for selfie with floater in the toilet

Surprised no one dug it up already.  :P