Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Netflix and chill by myself is my happy place

18 posts in this topic

I love to Netflix and chill however I actually chill as I'm often alone in this time.  Ive watched every show worth it on there though I'm running out if shows 😭. I just finished altered carbon a new show which I highly recommend for SciFi fans and or good show fans. Before that was on a Marvel kick started with daredevil which is awesome then one of the best shows in there Jessica Jones so good.  Tell me your favorites and maybe I haven't seen it cause I need some new stuff to watch.  My tops are breaking bad, lost, orange is the new black and friends.  Hope your all having good weekends xoxo Violet 💋❤💋❤💋

I assume you've already seen WestWorld and The Handmaiden's Tale.  If not, start immediately.

The Wire is a classic and my all time favorite.  I don't know a lot of girls that like it though.  Police drama, not sci-fi.

Black Mirror is great.  Christmas episode is the most twisted ever.  Futuristic sci-fi, horror, etc.

The first season of The Man in the High Castle was great.  Second season not so much.  Based on a good book by the same name.

First few seasons of Homeland.  Homeland started off great, but degenerated into a political sermon after a few seasons.

The Terror was really good.  I didn't think I'd like it but I was hooked after the first episode.

Carnivale was another that I didn't think I'd like, but was hooked.  Bummer they canceled after 2 seasons.

Narcos was good.  Especially the first season.  Helps if you speak Spanish.

First few seasons of Dexter.

Halt and Catch fire if you're a techie.  Started off just ok, but ended up being a great show.  Mostly made for engineers I think.

House of Lies is mindless humor but I like it.

True Detective.

Rome and Deadwood were good for a while, until they weren't.

9 minutes ago, mountainrider33 said:

All those Neflix suggestions and don't mention "Stranger Things"?

I can't wait for Season 3!!

38 minutes ago, Violet Tatas said:

I love to Netflix and chill however I actually chill as I'm often alone in this time.  Ive watched every show worth it on there though I'm running out if shows 😭. I just finished altered carbon a new show which I highly recommend for SciFi fans and or good show fans. Before that was on a Marvel kick started with daredevil which is awesome then one of the best shows in there Jessica Jones so good.  Tell me your favorites and maybe I haven't seen it cause I need some new stuff to watch.  My tops are breaking bad, lost, orange is the new black and friends.  Hope your all having good weekends xoxo Violet 💋❤💋❤💋

Violet...Altered Carbon was awesome.  And so far, I've enjoyed the Marvel offerings, but not sure which is my favorite.  I also enjoy some of the foreign subtitled offerings.  For some time travel scifi, I thought "Travelers" was darned good.  "Sense8" is a bit slow, but a visual treat.  If you are into foreign crime dramas, I recommend "Border Town".  The main character is a bit different.

Shameless!!!!

The ranch

Schitts Creek

1 hour ago, MikeInCOSprings said:

I assume you've already seen WestWorld and The Handmaiden's Tale.  If not, start immediately.

The Wire is a classic and my all time favorite.  I don't know a lot of girls that like it though.  Police drama, not sci-fi.

Black Mirror is great.  Christmas episode is the most twisted ever.  Futuristic sci-fi, horror, etc.

The first season of The Man in the High Castle was great.  Second season not so much.  Based on a good book by the same name.

First few seasons of Homeland.  Homeland started off great, but degenerated into a political sermon after a few seasons.

The Terror was really good.  I didn't think I'd like it but I was hooked after the first episode.

Carnivale was another that I didn't think I'd like, but was hooked.  Bummer they canceled after 2 seasons.

Halt and Catch fire if you're a techie.  Started off just ok, but ended up being a great show.  Mostly made for engineers I think.

True Detective.

I've seen Dexter super awesome and black mirror very crazy show. I'll check out others u said.  Thanks for the response always hunting for something to give me a show to binge. 💋

1 hour ago, mountainrider33 said:

All those Neflix suggestions and don't mention "Stranger Things"?

I loved season 1 but season 2 was kinda lame 😭

westworld isn't on netflix...please tell me i'm wrong...

otherwise, i've enjoyed:

peaky blinders

riverdale

the killing

house of cards

ozarks

freaks and geeks

breaking bad

schitts creek and black mirror and mindhunter i heard were good

1 hour ago, mountainrider33 said:

It's an HBO show. 

It's also on the Bittorrent channel.

Sometimes I like to just randomly pick a show with my eyes closed and force myself to watch a few episodes or like 30 minutes of it no matter what it is to see if i can get into it. 

Edited by BeachTimeTraveler

4 hours ago, Violet Tatas said:

I've seen Dexter super awesome and black mirror very crazy show. I'll check out others u said.  Thanks for the response always hunting for something to give me a show to binge. 💋

Black mirror - the crystal ball into our future! It’s uncanny how close to reality some of the shows are and how they take technology exactly where we will because we are full speed ahead damn the torpedoes humans!

I really enjoy the Netflix stand ups, particularly John Mulaney’s specials. In the same vein, I really also enjoyed Big Mouth, which was in part created by Mulaney. It’s raunchy as all hell and should not be watched around little ones, but it kept me laughing for hours on end!

IZombie is a surprisingly clever, fun, binge watch-worthy show on NF. 4 seasons so far. Supernatural theme, strong, well-casted female lead, laughing-behind-the-scenes-humor, fun music and food references: definition of NF and chill (and laugh) in my opinion. Show creator also did Veronica Mars (another great series, sadly hard to find streaming these days). And if you’re an animal fan, Planet Earth (1&2) can be mind blowing...

17 hours ago, MikeInCOSprings said:

True Detective.

Thanks to everybody for the excellent suggestions.

Here are a few of mine.

Wentworth is a gritty, more serious version of Orange is the New Black.  There is one more season due to come to Netflix soon.  It portrays some very tough yet charming female inmates. 

Blacklist is great  - Paul Stanley of Kiss said that Blacklist was one of his favorites.  James Spader is a hilarious villain/cooperative criminal & FBI asset.

Better Call Saul is a spinoff of Breaking Bad featuring the shady lawyer from BB. 

GLOW - Glamorous Ladies of Wrestling is amusing and light.

Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown is good as well as educational.

-RJ

It’s been a while since I’ve seen a good show on Netflix.

Dark was the last good one. 

The Keepers (may be on Prime, can’t remember)

Wilfred (American version - maybe discontinued)

Archer 

Shannara Chronicles - Ivana Baquero = yummy.

Prime Video is starting to spin up some really good content though.

Britania

Sneaky Pete

And an awesome 3 part documentary on the history of the Celts

Weeds (ignore last couple seasons)

Ray Donovan (NF ??)

Kiss me First (Simona Brown alone is reason enough)

Already mentioned but hell yes - Shameless 

You Me Her - if can find it