airamericavet65

Which path are you on

43 posts in this topic

But if going south might as well take the train

On 7/6/2018 at 2:05 PM, Audrey Astor said:

Purgatory, I suppose.:P

I know the bartender there.🍀

Sometimes the weight of those hobby in regards to the things I read or hear weighs heavily on me.

I find myself wondering if we all have become a little jaded or insensitive to others?  

Do we view personal encounters as what we can personally gain with total and reckless abandon of what we might in turn be taking?  

We all are a bit broken in one way or another and in knowing that how do you handle others?  If you see a bad situation and choose to participate and only make it worse...imo that is the lowest form of humanity.  

I think from time to time it is so important for all of us to reflect on our own individual level of humanity and how to improve.  

Make today good for yourself and someone else. 

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

Sometimes the weight of those hobby in regards to the things I read or hear weighs heavily on me.

I find myself wondering if we all have become a little jaded or insensitive to others?  

Do we view personal encounters as what we can personally gain with total and reckless abandon of what we might in turn be taking?  

We all are a bit broken in one way or another and in knowing that how do you handle others?  If you see a bad situation and choose to participate and only make it worse...imo that is the lowest form of humanity.  

I think from time to time it is so important for all of us to reflect on our own individual level of humanity and how to improve.  

^^^+1,000,000^^^

Laci you are a beautiful person inside and out!

It's not easy being an realistic optimist. I hope I come across as light-hearted even when matters are serious. Although for a significant subset of this board, what we're dealing with here can mean a lot to their mode of living, some even to whether they eat, not just whether it's burgers or steaks, most of what we discuss is not life or death. 

Please know that I may poke fun, but I don't ever want to provoke anybody. 

Looking to be taking the path back to Los Angeles in a couple weeks.  Don't know what you would count that as.

10 hours ago, Laci French said:

Laci, if i could, I would give you many "thumbs up" for this.  I also believe we are all a bit broken in one way or another.  I also believe that we can heal one another.  Being kind, just for the sake of being kind is vastly underrated.  Kindness, caring, compassion and connection can go a long way toward helping one another along a life's path that is difficult.  And life is hard.  Lots of drama and trauma.  Some self inflicted and some inflicted by others.  Though it may sound corny, I want to live my life doing as little harm as possible.  I want to help others find their strengths and need them to help me find mine.  If what we focus on grows (and I believe that to be true) I want to focus on the good (while not being blind to the other side of things).  Let's try to bring out the best in one another and allow for some grace and forgiveness for our faults and frailties.  I'm exhausted tonight, so what I've written may sound a bit off the wall, but I hope my intentions somehow come across.  Now it is time for bed.  4 hours of sleep last night has made me a bit loopy tonight.  

12 hours ago, Laci French said:

On 7/7/2018 at 7:02 AM, fishndude57 said:

St Jude's and Brett's Place for me. I really don't know. I guess there's certain lines I remember from when I used to watch tv or movies. Pulp Fiction definitely being one of my all time favs. I don't own cd's but I do own it in my iTunes movie collection. 

St Jude's is another one of my favorites as well as the little sisters of the poor...Great organization in my book!

12 hours ago, Laci French said:

Laci,

I understand where you are coming from

I for one person would like to thank you for all that you do to keep us "normal Peoples" normal??? And Happy..

I for one love your positive attitude which you have always showed on here!

7 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals make some fine music.  Thanks for posting this one.