Iafrate

14 posts in this topic

I don't know I have been on this board for nearly 6 years and I am still New2hobbying.    It looks like this is your second post in a year and you have only posted one review and that was a couple of months ago.  I would still consider you a newbie.  As you post in the forums you will see the welcome me change and the dots underneath it change your status.  I don't know the number.  Also as you post more reviews you should build credibility.  Don't forget to ask the YL you see for references.  That will help in the long run.

Enjoy

I don't think there either rules or universally agreed upon guidelines.  In some ways, I hope to stay new...especially open to new experiences with new (to me) ladies.  I still feel the excitement like a newbie and I am grateful for that.  Regarding how people on the board see me, I am just an average1 guy who has tried to participate more in the forums, partly because of the changes and this community is important to me, and partly because I enjoy the conversations.  I've found that the more I participate, I allow people to get to know me a bit more.  Because of my increased participation, I've gotten to know some fine folks, both ladies and gents.  

After participating in another forum (completely unrelated to this one) for 2 1/2 half years, I still think of myself as new and still learning.

1 hour ago, new2hobbying said:

Also as you post more reviews you should build credibility.  Don't forget to ask the YL you see for references.  That will help in the long run.

Enjoy

And I agree with new2hobbying, posting reviews will help with regard to how people on the board perceive you.  And I would add that the more you participate in the forums, the more it will help.

Doesn't matter how long you have been doing it, the sensations of walking up to a strange doorway, with all of the expectations, adrenaline flow, anticipation, excitement, anticipation..... it's just about the same as it was the first time.  After all, it's the first time with her.  Nothing wrong with new, or newbies.

You stop being a newbie when you have tasted the pleasures of all there is available. I am not saying that you have to meet everyone on the list. I am saying that when you have the confidence to be yourself with the date of your choice and act like the perfect gentleman before during and after your encounter. Then you stop being a newbie. As to being a newbie on the board, that will take awhile.

13 minutes ago, mountainrider33 said:

It's just as bad when I would get a text from a provider and the only thing it says is, "hey".

IMO... not all gents have a hobby phone... if I'm super late responding to a text I'll proceed with "hey" as a precaution.. I dont know his life, who hes with, anything...so keeping it general plays it safe! 

Xo

1 minute ago, mountainrider33 said:

I definitely understand that.  It was always funny for me because I'd do an initial contact of a provider, not hear anything back, delete the conversation off the phone after 24 hours, and then two days later I get a "hey" from a phone number I don't recognize.  I don't have a clue who that provider is and I'm scrambling with a Google search of the number to find out.

There's a little risk adding a lady's name to your contact list.

51 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

IMO... not all gents have a hobby phone... if I'm super late responding to a text I'll proceed with "hey" as a precaution.. I dont know his life, who hes with, anything...so keeping it general plays it safe! 

Xo

Megan is on point here. I would be mortified if I caused any of my beloved clients to get caught.

On 7/5/2018 at 8:28 AM, Iafrate said:

So, when does one stop being a newbie?

Lafrate, from a one-year-seasoned, kinda-newbie-provider's perspective:

A newbie is someone who doesn't have references. It especially bothers me when the guy says "oh I don't remember her name even." That is just so disrespectful to the entire hobby IMO, I don't even want to be around someone like that. So, don't be that guy.

And nobody let Average1's handle fool you, he is an angel sent from heaven.

4 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

There is, if you're not using a second phone.  I use Google voice for the texting aspect and yes, all the contact names are in my phone but I don't have the issue of worrying about anyone "stumbling" on those names.

I've used google voice, but some ladies find those calls come across anonymous, so I just use my regular number. For ladies I'm seeing, I have their contacts in my phone so I know who's texting me. Nobody else sees in my phone, so I don't feel much risk personally.

4 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Xo

I agree, always, could be wrong #, her husband might have her phone,  many reasons to be safe. Also if I just say Hi at first, I can go and delete every thing else, but still keep her #.  Oh well, to each their own, what ever works.

3 hours ago, Violet Lovely said:

Megan is on point here. I would be mortified if I caused any of my beloved clients to get caught.

Lafrate, from a one-year-seasoned, kinda-newbie-provider's perspective:

A newbie is someone who doesn't have references. It especially bothers me when the guy says "oh I don't remember her name even." That is just so disrespectful to the entire hobby IMO, I don't even want to be around someone like that. So, don't be that guy.

Hmmm, I  guess I won't be calling,  I can't remember most of the names that the lady was using on the day I saw her anyway, a few left an indelible mark in my memory bank tho..

One nice lady from here, asked me to send a pic of my DL and a business card where I worked.  Does any one really do this?   I asked if she would send me a pic of her DL first.  Didnt work out, I kept my money and she kept hers.

36 minutes ago, Mike940370 said:

Hmmm, I  guess I won't be calling,  I can't remember most of the names that the lady was using on the day I saw her anyway, a few left an indelible mark in my memory bank tho..

One nice lady from here, asked me to send a pic of my DL and a business card where I worked.  Does any one really do this?   I asked if she would send me a pic of her DL first.  Didnt work out, I kept my money and she kept hers.

Yes, guys really do that. Those who are comfortable with doing that, of course. I never pressure anyone about it, we just wish each other a good day. I am one of those who requires such an invasive screening from those who don't have references. It is the only way I feel safe.

7 minutes ago, Violet Lovely said:

Yes, guys really do that. Those who are comfortable with doing that, of course. I never pressure anyone about it, we just wish each other a good day. I am one of those who requires such an invasive screening from those who don't have references. It is the only way I feel safe.

I understand, I guess I'm just not ready to get too risky either

Edited by Mike940370