Music makes the world better 🎷🎸

48 posts in this topic

Hi peeps so I love love love music I listen almost as much as possible it's turns any day around with one tune that makes me go o ya dance time lol πŸ˜†.Β  I like most genres and I'm always looking for more songs to add to my library. Tell me some song choices that make u happy. Thanks violet 😍

Obviously there are many, many songs that make my ears happy but American Kids by Kenny Chesney is one of the happiest songs in the world. Β My ears also smile when i hear old music by Slipknot, Eminem, Candlebox and oh... Tainted Love...Not Marylin Manson`s version. Β So im pretty much all over the place but, like you, i just love music and need it in my life. Β I tell people that my life requires a soundtrack. Β I will put the I-pod on shuffle and confuse people by the wild swings in genres from one song to the next. Β Where else do you hear Tom Jones followed by Eazy E followed by Elton John and then Patsy Cline and Pantera?

Tainted love is good stuff and this is the new shit by marylin. My life requires a soundtrack I love this I'm totally stealing that saying FYI.  Music is life ❀❀❀

I was raised on a steady diet of the Beatles, Led Zeppelin and and the Eagles so those tend to be my go tos. But I also have a soft spot in my heart for funk, so I listen to a lot of that too! :)Β 

I like almost all music from country to classical, pop to hard rock and I even like music I do not understand the words (Clannad), Celine Dion French Album etc.

HOWEVER, if you have any sort of rap playing I will not even enter the room. That is how much I hate that noise.

My Sonos is playing Harry Connick, Jr on Amazon right now.Β 

My other favorite channels depending on mood:

• Beatles
  • Chicago
  • 70s Folk
  • Earth, Wind & Fire
  • Chuck Mangione
  • Billy Joel
  • U2
  • Yes
  • Movie Soundtracks

Lionel Richie, Elton John, Beatles, Eagles, Halsey, Selena Gomez, Blake Shelton, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, ELECTRIC light orchestra, Pink Floyd, Jimmy Buffet, LED Zeppelin, ZZ Top, Eagles, Tom Jones, Frank Sinatra, Depeche Mode, Morrisey, The Cure, Prince, Michael Jackson, U2, Roxy Music, Guns n Roses, Meatloaf, Cheryl Crow, Sophie B Hawkins, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS!!!! Panic at the Disco, Eurythmics, The police, Phil Collins, and on and on and on!!!Β 

Play it often and play it LOUD!!!

In no particular order:

Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young, Neil Young, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Stones, Ramones, The Clash, Bob Marley, Eagles, Lynard Skynard, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Blake Shelton, Kenny Chesney, Luke Bryan, Chris Stapleton and

U2

Music all music is what makes the world go round it changes as the times change and as each new generation comes up but they're still always seems to be appreciation for the good stuff

Music is the best and it depends on the day and mood. Led Zeppelin, Madonna, Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, Paul Simon, Eagles, Tom Petty, Alice and Chains (original band), Grateful Dead, James Taylor, Michael Jackson, Latin Jazz, Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Van Morrison, Creedence Clearwater, Loggins and Messina, Feetwood Mac, Metallica, Stone Temple Pilots, Swan Lake, No Doubt, The Doors, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, Volunteers, Buffalo Springfield, Sheryl Crow, Oasis, George Strait, Blues Traveler, CarlyΒ Simon, Breaking Benjamin, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Elton John, Michelle Branch, Β and on and on....Β 

Don't forget the song stylings of fishndude57Β :cool:

Β Β  I have noticed that most of you like the same stuff that I do. There are a few that I never heard of but that is okay, some of my favorites were not mentioned but all that means is that we all have a wide variety of tastes and styles. Diversity is the spice of life so let's get spicy.

I grew up on Surfer music & folk (Weavers, Kingston Trio, PPM, etc). Β I never got into Rock or the British Invasion.Β Hip hop, rap, just didn’t enter my world, but folk music slidΒ naturally into blues, mostly Texas, Delta, & Chicago styles. Β I also appreciate the crooning & instrumentals of the Big Band era; Β good dance music! As is much of country & western.

But my real listening pleasure is classical. Β As a student of classical guitar, it tops the list. Β Piano sonatas, orchestral works, opera - it’s all good.

Music is the ultimate communications tool, crossing language & cultural boundaries.

For an eye opening experience, check out the Musical Instrument Museum in Scottsdale, AZ. Β It takes you through the instruments of the world, broken down by geography & type. Β Allow at least a day! Β Better yet, plan multiple visits.Β 

This song always comes to mind after an appt.Β 

Wow - where to even start - it seems every time pages turn in life new music accompanies like a spiritual guide - so i think back to some of those times and lyrics fire up like synaptical fireworks - there's no real type for meΒ - just a time when some music just invited me in and it allΒ made sense..

Β 

soΒ I think back:

1. I have my ship and all her flags are a-flyin'
She is all that I have left and music is her name....

2.Β  Take a picture of this
The fields are empty, abandoned '59 Chevy
Laying in the back seat listening to Little Willie John
Yea, that's when time stood still

3.Β  Β  He used to say soulshine
It's better than sunshine
It's better than moonshine
Damn sure better than rain

4. With a heart and a sword he'd drive them back
Perchance to see Roxanne's eyes light up the sky again

Β 

The list could go on for a while...

OP - thanks for the post - great topic!!!

Β 

Β 

So many great names above, so many great bands, some gone, some still here.Β  Joni, John and Paul, Mr. Cash, love them all, but I keep coming back to the one band that I understand, and that understands me.

Sorry that you feel that way
The only thing there is to say
Every silver lining's got a
Touch of grey

I will get by
I will get by
I will get by
I will survive

I know that I have posted this before, but I just love it so very much.Β  Perhaps it's my touch of Grey.

Edited by BadBoy

ooooooh, Ear Candy love it. its one of those subjects that just about any one will discuss their likes and dislikes openly. I love just about any thing from then 50's to current. right now I have been running a lot of 21 pilots, Ghost, black keys, and Joe Bonamassa mixed in with all the other mentioned in the other postΒ 

Gotta reduce it to categories or I could blather all night!Β  But Bad Boy reminds me of the amazing list of musicians from San Francisco:

Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Santana, Pablo Cruise, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Metalica, Sammy Hagar, Huey Lewis, Hot Tuna, Journey.Β  Amazing bunch of music from one location (and I just hit the ones I like and can remember!!)

I like many types of music, but I am a total sucker for blues or blues influenced ass kicking guitar hence:

British chapter: Ten Years After/Alvin Lee, Rory Gallagher, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Savoy Brown, Nazareth, Gary Moore, Snowy White, Cream, Humble Pie, Animals

US chapter: Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimmy Vaughan,Β  Roy Buchanan, BB King, Albert King, Albert Collins, Jimi Hendrix, Z Z Top, Amboy Dukes,Β 

And perhaps as importantly, the younger ones that keep it going: Orianthi, Dave Stewart, Joe Bonamassa, John Mayer, Gary Clark, Samantha Fish, Thorbjorn Risager, Tedeschi Trucks *

*OK one of those isn't exactly new, he just never stops and keeps evolving

But just to "make me happy" or improve a mood, can't help but feel better with a little Moody Blues (too much in the formative years)

Β 

Β 

Previous posters have listed so many of my favorites.Β  I grew up with classical and late 50's rock and doo-wop, early 60's rock.Β  I enjoy a variety of types of music, depending on my mood.Β  One thing I believe is that music touches us in ways that can be powerfully emotional.Β  It can trigger great memories...first kiss/first date.Β  It can trigger intense sadness...first breakup, death of a loved one.Β Β It can touch so many of the emotions that make us human.Β  Music can bring people together in some magical ways.Β  As a teenager in the late 60's, I saw music encourage positive change.

Some friends and I play at various places, just for fun.Β  But we also play for some people who can no longer get out to enjoy live music....and those folks are so appreciative.Β  Seeing someone with traumatic brain injury respond to music, moving their hands in rhythm to what we are playing, seeing faces that were "flat" all of a sudden light up with a smile...that is something I treasure.Β  Damn, now I feel all emotional.Β  Glad I get to play tomorrow for some people's 4th of July celebrationΒ and see some smiles.

Not to shill my own post :rolleyes:, but I went to watch the Grateful Dead clip I posted above because I was gripped by nostalgia, and noted at 2:37 where the dog runs off with the drummer's leg - I had forgotten how absolutely hilarious that was both in concept and execution.Β  If you are a Dead fan and haven't watched it in a while, you really oughta scroll up a few posts.... it really brings back some memories, and it is one of the classic music videos.

If you are not a dead fan, beware, you may become one.

Watch for the dog at 2:37.

And I forgot Jeff Beck and Buddy Guy - shit dementia may be here already!

But how many legends can play on one stage.Β  Dammit, I missed it.

.Β Β 

Β 

7 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Β 

If you are not a dead fan, beware, you may become one.

Β 

Not a dead fan - is that even possible?Β  As I recall they played three sets of two hours each when I saw them many moons ago at Folsom Field, and the crowd wanted more! (OK, most of the crowd couldn't get up to leave by then, but ..........

1 hour ago, average1 said:

...Β  One thing I believe is that music touches us in ways that can be powerfully emotional. ...

So true. There have been times listening to live music when suddenly tears are running down my cheeks. No bad memories, nothing terribly sad, just tears.Β 

17 hours ago, Violet Tatas said:

Hi peeps so I love love love music I listen almost as much as possible it's turns any day around with one tune that makes me go o ya dance time lol πŸ˜†.Β  I like most genres and I'm always looking for more songs to add to my library. Tell me some song choices that make u happy. Thanks violet 😍

I will send you a link to my ReverbNation page.

Well, let's see.Β  How about Glenn Miller, Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey, Led Brown, Duke Ellington.... just to name a few.Β  But, moving toward, Elvis, Chubby Checkers, Little Richie.Β  Whew!Β  Simon and Garfunckle, Eagles, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd.Β  Of course, Waylon Jennings, and who could leave out Willie Nelson.Β  Always enjoyed Floyd Cramer on the piano with his bent-note style and Boots Randolph on sax.Β  Roy Clark on the guitar and banjo, and among the top, Stevie Ray Vaughn.

18 hours ago, gr8owl said:

But just to "make me happy" or improve a mood, can't help but feel better with a little Moody Blues (too much in the formative years)

Β 

Β 

I could do Moody Blues, Yes and ELO all day.

Β I'm loving everyone different and unique responses music is just the best. My top 5 songs are all over the place from rap to rock to country. Here's my list 1. Wicked games by the weekend. 2. Nobody to love by sigma. 3. Leave the night on by Sam hunt. 4. Late night by trey songz and 5.Β  Hey hey what can I do by led zeppelin. I could pick so many songs I love. I love underground no name my newest song I bet no one has heard on here is garage skank by kano. He's a British rapper super good. Thanks everyone for giving me some great jams to check out and happy 4thΒ