Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
light kisser

AMP's

18 posts in this topic

I do not partake very often but I had a few massage parlors that I would visit once in a while for a great massage. I would usually opt out of the HE because the massage was fantastic but recently I noticed at least four of the places were closed down. I have no idea why. Most of the places I went to had older ladies working who gave an amazing massage and were never pushy about the HE. Has anyone else noticed a closure of AMP's?!

If what you want is a massage w/o HE, there are many places with less expensive and better quality services. 

Yeah, my favorite place (not to be named publicly) isn't great at massages, but between the shower, sauna, and um service, it's pretty amazing... and consistently so, over the years.

But if I want a therapeutic massage, I don't go there, and I spend half as much.

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

If what you want is a massage w/o HE, there are many places with less expensive and better quality services. 

For the house fee + say a $20 tip I haven't seen any.

I actually found several AMP's that don't offer HE and for $45 the massage is amazing...

With backpage shut down, they have lost their advertising stream

In Lakewood theres still an AMP like every two or three miles or so and none seem to have shutdown or been affected by the lack of advertising, it may be due to your location. I know Aurora or some other municipality recently changed their city ordinances to make it easier for them to shut AMPs down for offering erotic services, it could be due to where you are trying to go. If it was the city that changed their laws the 4 shutdown you mentioned may be due to that or have moved in anticipation of a shutdown. 

5 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

With backpage shut down, they have lost their advertising stream

54 minutes ago, qwekfm-8766 said:

If it was the city that changed their laws the 4 shutdown you mentioned may be due to that or have moved in anticipation of a shutdown. 

This and this.

Now, to be fair, I think AMPs are a bit more immune to BP shut down as they are modern day brothels: red light is on... (donuts or Roxanne is working).

But, yeah, tough times everywhere. And many of the AMPs are under same ownership fronts, so if one goes down, others get hit indirectly.

But then again, SOP with AMPs: one in business long is either legit or  very careful  on who they approach about extras. Or, in a location where neighbors are not aware/care about what's going on.

I have only tried two AMP's since I moved here. Both were using fake pictures and neither of them did anything including give a good massage. One of them actually complained that I would not leave a tip for the lousy service.

You can never really go by the pictures in AMP ads it's kind've just a hit or miss thing. If you want to screen for good service you could try rubmaps, you can either pay $20 for a month to see the reviews and find the good parlors in your area or submit a new parlor/pic of said parlor to the sit eand get a free month. AMPs can be worth it if you find a few good ones but its much more word of mouth driven then service providers are since theres no repository of free reviews and all of the parlors seem to have agreed to use fake pics. 

Some places in the NoCo area closed recently because of lack of business. I think the places that close on their own usually do not offer any extras or very limited extras. As for Rubmaps, I believe the information is reliable but the press has documented usage of Rubmaps by Law Enforcement.  Bummer. Overall mostly trial and error works best. And yes it is possible to get a great massage as well as meeting other needs in the same place. Sometimes when you find that situation, they make you promise to the keep the information to yourself and not post the information on Rubmaps nor share with anyone. I guess that is like the proverbial fishing hole you don't want anyone to know about. 

The one I liked that was the most consistent in my neighborhood shut down last winter.  I was bummed.  It was a great value.  My go to place when I am in the mood changes staff every six weeks which can be nice but when you find the one that you really like they leave way to soon.  There is something about a table shower. 

On 7/1/2018 at 10:01 AM, Bit Banger said:

yeah, like massage envy or massage heights - great massages that are so legit they should take your insurance...

On 7/1/2018 at 9:01 AM, Bit Banger said:

Where are you talking about Bit? I don't know of any places cheaper than $45! 

11 minutes ago, light kisser said:

Maybe a groupon for a legit massage that cheap but the massages i get are anywhere from 60 to 150.

15 hours ago, light kisser said:

It’s been a while, but I used to get private massages for about $50.  Most public establishments tend to be in the $60-80 range, which is far less than most FBSM providers charge and about what I paid as AMP door fees.  I usually booked the 1hr session at AMPs.  The last AMP I visited was in FL, 2+ yrs ago.

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

It’s been a while, but I used to get private massages for about $50.  Most public establishments tend to be in the $60-80 range, which is far less than most FBSM providers charge and about what I paid as AMP door fees.  I usually booked the 1hr session at AMPs.  The last AMP I visited was in FL, 2+ yrs ago.

twas a great time when it was feels like it was about 6-7 years back when the 60 minute rate went to 60$ and it was as if the AMP's were unionized the way the trend caught on...

there were a lot of BP massage opportunities that were more cost effective but very few with a real table and no CMT/LMT...

I understand the rising cost of running a business but the unfortunate side of the 60$ for 60 minute massage was the 60 minutes was really 45 minutes to make room for the top of the hour turn...

Way back in the day, AMPs were one of my primary points of horizontal refreshment. The pics were always fake and you'd be rolling the dice, but have to say some of the girls were absolutely breathtaking and the experience hit all the bases. Unfortunately, over the years the qualify diminished and eventual so did my interest. The LE attention has taken its toll. but must still be frustrating for them. They'd stamp one out and another would pop up with the same girls down the street. But for today's hobbyist, I just don't think the risk is worth it. Even if you just go it to get the massage, you're bound to be jumped on sooner or later when you leave. Go to Massage Envy or whatever.