DaisyMeetsDallas

The Springs

16 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm relocating to The Springs, but I've never lived nor hobbied there.  I did hobby in Denver for about a year, how is it down in the Springs? I have heard the rumor Mill that you have to hyper screen, but was curious as to your thoughts.  Thanks! 

Welcome to the Springs!  Yeah it's a different market here.  Heavy military presence makes it different than other areas.  

Best of luck to you in the Springs and remember Denver is a short hop away. 

Holy hell finding a place to live is crazy!!!! This place is a whole new breed!! It was easier in Denver lol. I've hobbied in military towns before, I just heard there are more stings in the springs.  That rhymed lol.   

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

Best of luck to you in the Springs and remember Denver is a short hop away. 

I'm in the Springs to and there are a couple of good regular ladies here, and others do pass through from time to time, but the statement above is the reality.

I think being in the north end of the springs is probably safest?  I know that there are many people on both sides of the hobby that refuse to go anywhere on south Nevada ave.  I try to stay north of town and definitely away from the fountain area.  

I love the springs, I had no idea it was that seedy. I always try to spend a day or two there.

4 hours ago, Roxxxie said:

I love the springs, I had no idea it was that seedy. I always try to spend a day or two there.

It isn't - except around Circle and Monterrey and north and west to Platte.

9 hours ago, Bullseye73 said:

I think being in the north end of the springs is probably safest?  I know that there are many people on both sides of the hobby that refuse to go anywhere on south Nevada ave.  I try to stay north of town and definitely away from the fountain area.  

Like any city of any size there are pockets of "oh hell no" all over town.  The north side APPEARS safer (and mostly is)  only because it is newer, higher rent.  As to south bad ..... do recall the Broadmoor area is the south side lol.   

As a general rule I would shy away from the area north of Lake, east of Nevada , west of Murray, south of Palmer Park.  But there are some perfectly fine pockets in that area too.  And yes, best to pretend Fountain/Security/Widefield do not exist :cool:

The North part of Colorado Springs is mostly all good. Most of the East also. The West side is older, nostalgic, funky, but fine. South is spotty, particularly South East. I will call Central spotty to mostly "OK" mainly because we don't exactly know or agree what "Central IS". Trust your feelings and you will be fine.

As for the hobby here? There are some familiar faces who have been around for quite a long time. There's an awful lot of fly-by-night ladies who come through. I don't bother with those anymore since from my experience they're often not as advertised or unreliable at keeping appointments. I've heard some of the providers here say that guys are cheap down here, often trying to negotiate. Can't speak to that side personally though ;)

Welcome to the springs. I love it here. Yes its definately a uniquely colorful city and yes can be a bit shady. However I love the guys here and look forward to meeting many more from the dumb asses to the respectful fun ones. P S. not all of us are bad :)

That's a good point about the military base there. The Springs is a bit different compared to Denver or even Fort Collins on the general city level of things. Still pretty scenery too though. 

Welcome to the Springs.  I've enjoyed the hobby here and find that the North end is typically the best part of town.  There are great places spotted throughout the city if you look carefully.  

I ended up near Manitou! It's so pretty over here! I might be totally wrong, but the area doesn't feel very hobby friendly! LoL. I'm sure this next question is a PM only one, but are there any hobby friendly hotels in CO Springs? 

There's a limited supply of providers, especially compared to Denver. Many are fun, mindful ladies and others in it for the wrong reasons. As for areas of town, I'm here to say you shouldn't ALWAYS follow your gut. I once met a YL who lived in such an "awful" part of town I put off seeing her for weeks. Man was I missing out. Best ever.

Hire slow, fire fast. Safely expand horizons.