eatu55

Favorite summertime beverage

48 posts in this topic

What do you like to sip to chill out on a hot summer day?

When I was in France in the nineties I was introduced to Pastis (1 part of the liqueur over ice with 5 parts water). It's very refreshing.

I like a faux-mimosa - half OJ, half sparkling water. The bubbles sooth the tongue.

Depends on mood and occassion.

Single malt and or craft whiskey when smoking a cigar on the patio. But then again, that's a given year round.

Margs. I infuse a mid-tier reposado (El Jimador, Hornitos) with jalapenos, then fresh squeeze some limes, splash of fresh squeezed orange, agave syrup.

Been a big hefeweizen fan over the years, but have taken a big liking to session IPAs.

A classic: G & T. Or vodka rocks (but then again, another year rounder).

Just now, NoCoGeezer said:

Single malt and or craft whiskey when smoking a cigar on the patio. But then again, that's a given year round.

I'm enjoying an Oban & Griffin right now.

2 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I'm enjoying an Oban & Griffin right now.

Nice! I have a bottle of Oban 18 that I got for half off that I need to polish off. Looking like smoke and drink tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, eatu55 said:

When I was in France in the nineties I was introduced to Pastis (1 part of the liqueur over ice with 5 parts water). It's very refreshing.

This sounds so delicious! I tend to go for water with slices of fruit or cucumbers diffused into it in this heat, but I'll have to try this when I'm feeling frisky! :) 

Lemonade. Ice cold glass of lemonade. 

Alcohol would be a shandy or rattler. 

a really good pinot grigio over ice (yes, i know) is very refreshing on a hot summer afternoon.   also, nothing like an ice cold pbr...so cold it makes your teeth ache.

1 hour ago, NoCoGeezer said:

Margs. I infuse a mid-tier reposado (El Jimador, Hornitos) with jalapenos, then fresh squeeze some limes, splash of fresh squeezed orange, agave syrup.

Been a big hefeweizen fan over the years, but have taken a big liking to session IPAs.

A classic: G & T. Or vodka rocks (but then again, another year rounder).

I’m on a margarita and Bloody Mary kick right now, but NoCoGeezer’s margs sound much better than mine. Yummmm!

Mmmmm....very berry from Starbucks 

Regular drinks a slurpy alcohol wise iv always enjoyed the simplicity of a rum and coke 

13 hours ago, eatu55 said:

A nice chilled rosé from Provence or a frozen strawberry marg. 

59 minutes ago, fred1964 said:

Pepsi and lemonade

Mixed together? In what proportions?

Sweet tea, lemonade, linekugels (sp) summer Shandy, margarita, chilled white zin, Chardonnay with ice and Sprite, watermelon soaked in vodka or rum...but if it’s really hot, water only! 

Just now, Melissa Sterling said:

Sweet tea, lemonade, linekugels (sp) summer Shandy, margarita, chilled white zin, Chardonnay with ice and Sprite, watermelon soaked in vodka or rum...but if it’s really hot, water only! 

Marinated watermelon is so good, but oh so dangerous unless you've parked yourself somewhere for the day.

A light Kolsch my go too lawn mowing beer.  But beer year round is my speed.  I do make a mean mule Jasmine :)

7 hours ago, Laci French said:

Mmmmm....very berry from Starbucks 

Need to try that next time I stop by one. Been drinking their iced teas of late, as iced lattes can be a bit "heavy" for hot weather.

In Peru, they have an alcoholic drink called “Chilcano”. I believe it is made with their national liquor which is called Pisco.

I can drink 10-15 of those a day without feeling a thing. Don’t know why I can drink so many, but I can. Very refreshing.

Their other national drink is a Pisco Sour. 

I have also enjoyed pouring a beer over a cup of ice.

7 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

In Peru, they have an alcoholic drink called “Chilcano”. I believe it is made with their national liquor which is called Pisco.

I can drink 10-15 of those a day without feeling a thing. Don’t know why I can drink so many, but I can. Very refreshing.

Their other national drink is a Pisco Sour. 

I have also enjoyed pouring a beer over a cup of ice.

Interesting concoction :  Pisco Sour, which originated in Lima, is prepared with egg white, lime juice, simple syrup, and bitters

7 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

I prefer the Chilcano 

After looking up a recipe, it reminds me a bit of a mule. That would be refreshing.