Alicat

Denver Fireworks??

28 posts in this topic

Hey Denver folks! Where is a good place to catch the fireworks on the 4th of July?

In Cedar Rapids, Iowa, there is a city show where the accompanying music is broadcast on a radio station. Do you have something like that? Is there a good place to catch it from the car where you wouldn't have to fight traffic when it's over? What is your favorite place (regardless of traffic)? 

This is my first Denver 4th of July! What's the most memorable way to spend it?!

Thanks for the input! :)

At civic center park downtown is a good show.... I like the one up in Westminster right behind the rec center because if you get there early enough you can get a spot up on the hill and they have stage for live concert (usually someone local but still good) and there are a bunch of food vendors and a mini car show down in the open field with a bunch of room for people to play catch usually Simone is playing volleyball and all kinda of things

As a kid we used to always watch the ones at the mile high Stadium (after the Rapids game).... If you find a spot along the Platte river at one of the parking lots for the parks and get a good view of the stadium that's a nice time too, we used to park at the children's museum

Coors Field Rockies put on a great firework show and you're right in the middle of lodo

The Aurora mall is a good place but you have to get here early as the parking spaces fill up fast

2 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Fishindude gave you the best link.  It has them all listed.  You will probably have to deal with traffic with most of them unless you have someone that lives near by that you can watch them with.  I used to live In the foothills of boulder and could watch the entire Denver metro area displays.  They were just tiny and used a pair of binoculars.   I can see the Longmont display from my balcony.  But Coors field is always nice and the most memorable ones was sitting on top of the firetruck while I was in Avada

Enjoy

Jefferson County usually has a great show as well. It is held at the fair grounds out on 6th and Indiana

And, you can drive up to two miles across the Wyoming state line and buy all of the great fireworks you remember as a kid: Black Cats, Roman Candles, you name it (no cherry bombs or M-80s, but you can go into Laramie and buy M-80s at the hardware stores, just tell them it is for pest control ;)).  Then you can have a great fireworks show of your own.  Did it with my dad since I was little, now I take my adult sons with me, and we grab a beer too. :rolleyes:

If you can find a spot on Federal Blvd right outside of Mile High Stadium you can see the fireworks perfectly as well as enjoy the Elitch Gardens show. Street parking is free in the neighborhoods and saves you time leaving after the show ends and the masses try to get out of the Mile High parking lot. 

Been a while for me, but, Longmont has put on some nice shows over the years at the Boulder County Fairgrounds. Since several ways in/out, not too bad to make a getaway.

The roof-tops of the downtown Boulder parking garages provide a great view of their show. Parking is free on the 4th and can then hit up a place or two for drinks, food. NCAR's Table Mesa hq/lab has a great view too, but seem to recall that they've been closing the road to there for a couple of years now.

There is a scenic overlook on US-36 between Boulder and Louisville: great view of Louisville, Boulder, Longmont, Broomfield, Golden and others from there.

Wow!! Thank you all!!! Those are some great options!!! I appreciate each of you weighing in! I'm definitely checking out that link, too! Thanks!!!

About parking for the Aurora fireworks - Why not take the light rail (R line) to Aurora Mall?

City of Thornton puts on a great show and has lots of food trucks and a large area for a ton of people. Usually a pretty epic start to the show as well. 

This will be my 5th year at the Longmont show. We get to the park near the fairgrounds early in the day and picnic until dark. We set up a badminton net and spend the day playing with anyone who wants to joins us. We have plenty of food, watermelon and music too.

Bandimere speedway has fireworks, but what you really want to see. More like feel/hear, is the jet cars running down the track. The sensory overload is truly stunning.

I just either sit on by front porch or back patio and watch them locally.

So, now I'm wondering how the fire ban is going to affect these shows? I saw that no fireworks are happening in Aurora as I was driving in yesterday. 

Fred, get ready! We're all coming to your place to watch from the patio!! :D

Hope everyone has a fun July 4th and can see fireworks somewhere around town. There are so many bans and some towns already had their shows. 

Fireworks should of been BANNED state wide this year. Advocating fireworks with state of emergency over wildfires....Just wow, and not in a good way! 

4 hours ago, Nina Rox said:

Fireworks should of been BANNED state wide this year. Advocating fireworks with state of emergency over wildfires....Just wow, and not in a good way! 

Hoping everyone leaves it to the pros because they will be ready. 

My dogs are sick and tired of listening to the amateurs and I need sleep😂

Edited by Laci French

4 hours ago, Nina Rox said:

I'm sorry Nina, but that seems like a narrow minded point of view, for such a open minded forum. Fireworks are a part of our American history and tradition. And, are not known to be the cause, of any current wildfires.  Not every city in Colorado is based in, or near a dense, dry, fuel rich forrest. 

Of more concern, should be why we have a supertanker sitting on the ground during fire season.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Call-for-Action-Can-SuperTanker-help-with-Colorado-fires-485446381.html

6 minutes ago, Skylighter said:

I'm sorry Nina, but that seems like a narrow minded point of view, for such a open minded forum. Fireworks are a part of our American history and tradition. And, are not known to be the cause, of any current wildfires.  Not every city in Colorado is based in, or near a dense, dry, fuel rich forrest. 

Of more concern, should be why we have a supertanker sitting on the ground during fire season.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Call-for-Action-Can-SuperTanker-help-with-Colorado-fires-485446381.html

Let's be accurate shall we? 

While the current Colorado wildfires are not known to be caused by fireworks, many, many, many fires are.

https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Fire-statistics-and-reports/Fire-statistics/Fire-causes/Fireworks

17 minutes ago, pfunk said:

Let's be accurate shall we? 

While the current Colorado wildfires are not known to be caused by fireworks, many, many, many fires are.

https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Fire-statistics-and-reports/Fire-statistics/Fire-causes/Fireworks

Many, many, many fires are, is a relative term. 

If you want to be accurate.

What is the percentage of fires attributed to the proper use of fireworks in the US. Versus all other causes ?

Barking about fireworks legislation just makes you look grouchy. This is hardly the place to try to make change. Thanks for all the information, but I'm simply looking for a fun night, not a debate on fireworks. Kindly hold your tongue (and fingers) or create your own fireworks debate thread. Thanks!

And Happy 4th!!! :)

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:47 PM, Alicat said:

Barking about fireworks legislation just makes you look grouchy. This is hardly the place to try to make change. Thanks for all the information, but I'm simply looking for a fun night, not a debate on fireworks. Kindly hold your tongue (and fingers) or create your own fireworks debate thread. Thanks!

And Happy 4th!!! :)

I agree Ali!   I hope you found a great display to watch.

15 hours ago, new2hobbying said:

I agree Ali!   I hope you found a great display to watch.

It started to rain just as I was heading out, so I ended up watching them from my hotel window. I was able to see about 6 different displays, so it worked out ok in the end! :)

That's pretty cool to be able to see that many with out all the people crowding you.  Glad it worked out.