BallR

Getting bumped out of your scheduled visit

74 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I don’t mind tuna, but I’ll stay away from barracudas.😁

Sharks aren't fun either

8 hours ago, Laci French said:

After messaging with Stan our date was never confirmed so I did not “bump” our date for an overnight.  I just simply scheduled a confirmed date for an overnight.

I figured Stan never got back to you to confirm your date or the time.

On 24/06/2018 at 9:08 AM, BallR said:

Here's a topic that may have been discussed, and it recently had happened to me.

"Bumping" a client to replace his visit with another.

Last minute excuses can range from:

1) hangover;

2) slept in;

3) cell phone ran out of power;

4) lost cell phone;

5) broke cell phone;

6) cell phone plan expired (just coincidentally on that day)

7) sick

8) dog sick

9) someone died (could be family, friend's family, or friend)

10) overly medicated

11) Auntie Flo visiting

12) Mom, dad or whoever visiting at the last minute

If they really wanted to see you, they don't care if Auntie Flo is visiting or sick or anything.

Usually last minute excuses are just that - excuses. They have a better deal. Canceling on you, literally at the last minute does not bother them at all.

21 hours ago, veteranhobbyist said:

1) hangover;

2) slept in;

4) lost cell phone;

5) broke cell phone;

7) sick

8) dog sick

10) overly medicated

11) Auntie Flo visiting

If they really wanted to see you, they don't care if Auntie Flo is visiting or sick or anything.

Usually last minute excuses are just that - excuses. They have a better deal. Canceling on you, literally at the last minute does not bother them at all.

Numbers 2-5, 11 & 12 have occurred in my short hobby years. Thanks for that!

Maybe this should be a separate topic..... As I stated it's unprofessional in my opinion, and lacks class. It happens to us too. :rolleyes: A clients puts out a feeler to several ladies, we do our due diligence only to find out, someone else replied quicker, or he didn't want to wait for us to screen, and contacts someone else. Either way, it's a bummer. 

On 6/26/2018 at 5:39 AM, Raine-7379 said:

My other question is, have you ever had to cancel on her last minute. I think there is a lot to the story that we do not know. I am sure we should hear her side of the story first. Maybe you are a habitual cancellation, And she was just not willing to take the chance that you were going to cancel when she had a guaranteed.

I took a minute to run this post through the hobby forum post translator, here is what I got back................................:D

"It can't possibly be the woman's fault when a man is involved." 

Ouch! Bummer to the OP. I sympathize: after establishing some rapport and then getting treated somewhat callously, I’d feel bewildered and a bit hurt too. I think the ladies’ responses to this post show that as a whole, what you went through is not the norm. As lovely and fun as this hobby is, mixing emotion and business can sometimes lead to volatile outcomes. It’s the business of fantasy, (emphasis on the former) after all. At least she was honest w/ you. You know where she stands... don’t get too worked up about it. Look forward to your next encounter and enjoy the fantasy. :)

(seriously, its a luxury to partake in this hobby)

1 hour ago, boink36 said:

I took a minute to run this post through the hobby forum post translator, here is what I got back................................:D

"It can't possibly be the woman's fault when a man is involved." 

I guess I just like to hear both sides of a story before I become judgemental.  I have had 7 cancellations in one day, so I won't pass judgement on her without knowing the whole story.   I do not think gentleman that cancel last minute should be given priority in any way. I was merely asking if he was a habitual cancellation. 

19 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

I guess I just like to hear both sides of a story before I become judgemental.  I have had 7 cancellations in one day, so I won't pass judgement on her without knowing the whole story.   I do not think gentleman that cancel last minute should be given priority in any way. I was merely asking if he was a habitual cancellation. 

wow....but it is true, two sides to every story and that's what is rough too is when there are legit excuses and how do you know if they are true unless you really know either party very well. Life in general really is like that. Granted when you know someone long enough, I think you get a better read. 7 cancellations though gosh. 

Nothing nice or good about doing that to anyone. Very rude and there are plenty of ladies happy to see you and keep their scheduled time. 

On 6/30/2018 at 3:46 PM, veteranhobbyist said:

1) hangover;

2) slept in;

4) lost cell phone;

5) broke cell phone;

7) sick

8) dog sick

10) overly medicated

11) Auntie Flo visiting

No excuse is a good one there just that an excuse

oh boy - this is an old thread but I just got my first AND second cancel on the same day!  As a relative Newbie I felt like I should celebrate.  First one I text'd to confirm on the morning of our appointment and received a reply "had to leave early but see pic of my friend who can sub".  I passed, booked with another, later text'd to say I was 15 minutes away from scheduled time and got "something came up..." after a crappy 90 minutes rush hour drive.  Both were out-of-town travelers but both extensively well-reviewed both here and elsewhere.  Lessons learned!  Had a cigar and a nice Cab at Del Frisco's to fully appreciate the learning opportunity, then booked with solid, local providers for the weekend and following week.

On 6/24/2018 at 0:46 PM, Vassago said:

It’s beyond a lack of respect. It’s humiliating and degrading. A lot of men, like myself, do this because we don’t a very powerful self image. To be told ‘sorry but this guy is better than you, so uh-uh.’ Is a knife in the gut for some of us. How rude.

As I have said, this happens to the ladies also. Trust me, while some girls will not admit to it ,it is true.Rejection is a very real issue that cuts right to the core. It hits on that "Im not good enough" thought process. I have learned that there are some of the opposite  sex from myself   who will call a girl , so they can just be the one to  reject. What ever it takes  to make them fee!l betterment  I have also learned to not dwell on ti ,or try to analyze the "why did they ask me" to the point that of being at their door. It labels tnem to me as a person who has had issues with a member of my see priorly. Don't dwell oni t. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out their issues.  It is their loss, not yours

On 6/30/2018 at 3:46 PM, veteranhobbyist said:

1) hangover;

2) slept in;

4) lost cell phone;

5) broke cell phone;

7) sick

8) dog sick

10) overly medicated

11) Auntie Flo visiting

If you search this board, you’ll see that most men don’t like to visit during 11. Gross Also, the reason I don’t hold dates when sick, is out of respect for my date. I don’t want to get him sick or have him take home an illness to his family. If I had to choose between 11 and 12 or go to work, have fun and make money, I’d choose the latter. Although I can count on 1 hand how many times I’ve had to cancel.