BallR

Getting bumped out of your scheduled visit

74 posts in this topic

Here's a topic that may have been discussed, and it recently had happened to me.

"Bumping" a client to replace his visit with another.

The provider I had scheduled a meeting with, whom I've seen three times previously, texts me that something came up and I needed to be rescheduled. I inquired the reason for the change since this had never occurred before. I'm told it's because of a business decision. 

I asked what that meant, and it was because I was replaced by another gentleman who requested the time I was scheduled to meet. This third person asked for a longer session than what I had asked.

Is this a common practice for the ladies to do? 

31 minutes ago, BallR said:

Here's a topic that may have been discussed, and it recently had happened to me.

The provider I had scheduled a meeting with, whom I've seen three times previously, texts me that something came up and I needed to be rescheduled. I inquired the reason for the change since this had never occurred before. I'm told it's because of a business decision. 

I asked what that meant, and it was because I was replaced by another gentleman who requested the time I was scheduled to meet. This third person asked for a longer session than what I had asked.

... I cant speak for everybody...  but HELL NO! 

No its not cool but it happens all the time. But most of the time the provider won't admit to it.

3 hours ago, BallR said:

I guess you can look at this two ways, first off I am surprised she told you the reason why, I guess it would depend on how much notice she gave you. Business is business. Personally would take my business elsewhere. Reminds me of one time, PMing and texting with a lady at the same time, it just happened that way. She did not realize I was the same person. I forget which was which but she told me she was not working that day, meanwhile she was willing to set a time with me, on the other contact.  Let her know I was the same person, crickets after that, never contacted her again. 

Thank you for the feedback, I know I won't be going back to see her, even if my little head keeps saying to do so.

I don't think a negative review is due for this provider, but it still sucks to find out someone is worth more than another. Yes I know this is whining all other members thinking it, but don't take you're regular providers for granted. Treat them respect and kindness. Hopefully they treat you back with some level of decency as this hobby usual provides.

It sucks that she broke the committed time and place.  Like Kali said "Not cool at all".  A wiser "business decision" on her part would have been to try to reschedule the second, or maybe a white lie in this case would have been appropriate to avoid bad feelings...  "My goodies on the fritz for a few days"

That sucks (well didn't get sucked) really bad.  Its seems there are more than a fair share of providers who really are short sighted and think in the moment (sounds like a guy's little head thinking). These providers see the quick cash and not their potential for future income.  There is no doubt the she could have handled this better.  Now she pleased one client and lost another.  Especially a repeat! What is this world coming to when we have to teach a woman to lie.  I thought was the innate.  Is hell starting to freeze over and I did not get the memo.  LOL  I am sure nobody else will think it was funny but I crack my self up.  HA! HA! HA!

That little head thinking gets us all eventually lol. Here I was thinking I had found a regular provider. And now, with my tail tucked between my legs I must ponder where to next. :)

Uh NO! For a regular or repeat, guaranteed money! To be that honest....it’s rude. 

Just to devils advocate for a second though....

She May have seen the other guy before, and may be in a financial bind. It happens. BUT the fact that she said it’s a business decision leads me to think this isn’t the case. Her loss, move on! 

It seems to me approximately 2 weeks ago this exact same subject was discussed here with discussion about a NCNS review..post or no post, for the exact same reason. She had a regular who wanted the same time slot with more time than what the OP had booked.

Same result...this is a NCNS and should be reviewed that way.

Wondering if the same lady is involved in both circumstances?

22 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Uh NO! For a regular or repeat, guaranteed money! To be that honest....it’s rude. 

Just to devils advocate for a second though....

She May have seen the other guy before, and may be in a financial bind. It happens. BUT the fact that she said it’s a business decision leads me to think this isn’t the case. Her loss, move on! 

Going along with your devils advocate point, financially makes sense now... But that being the case, regulars returning back over the last couple of months would make more financial sense. 

And yes, I will move on. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

It seems to me approximately 2 weeks ago this exact same subject was discussed here with discussion about a NCNS review..post or no post, for the exact same reason. She had a regular who wanted the same time slot with more time than what the OP had booked.

You never know, either way it stings having this happened. Just a reminder that at times this hobby is a cruel mistress.

2 hours ago, geecue2 said:

I guess you can look at this two ways, first off I am surprised she told you the reason why, I guess it would depend on how much notice she gave you. Business is business. Personally would take my business elsewhere. Reminds me of one time, PMing and texting with a lady at the same time, it just happened that way. She did not realize I was the same person. I forget which was which but she told me she was not working that day, meanwhile she was willing to set a time with me, on the other contact.  Let her know I was the same person, crickets after that, never contacted her again. 

(I can see why a lady would *cricket* you in that case..and it's different than the OP's discussion/situation) If you approach someone and they do not want to see you i.e.: "busy" or "not working" when clearly is available to others....and you tried to get thru using a different number (Big Question is....WHY would you do that? text someone from two different numbers? to cloak yourself? hide hobby identity? / reputation? ..... then it just comes across as stalkerish/creepy AF.  Seroiusly, gotta call you out on that one. and most companions will veer Far Far away from that behavior. I think it was a way of the lady telling you to take your business elsewhere..

3 minutes ago, MelindaMadison said:

(I can see why a lady would *cricket* you in that case..and it's different than the OP's discussion/situation) If you approach someone and they do not want to see you i.e.: "busy" or "not working" when clearly is available to others....and you tried to get thru using a different number (Big Question is....WHY would you do that? text someone from two different numbers? to cloak yourself? hide hobby identity? / reputation? ..... then it just comes across as stalkerish/creepy AF.  Seroiusly, gotta call you out on that one. and most companions will veer Far Far away from that behavior. I think it was a way of the lady telling you to take your business elsewhere..

First of all did not use two different numbers, PMing and texting it just happened, what can I say. I have stayed far, far away from certain ladies. 

This thread is starting to go off track from the OP

I guess it depends.  Given enough notice, I wouldn't even mind if she sent me back something like "I have the opportunity for an overnight with another client.  Would you mind rescheduling?" and I'd say "Damn, go for it, that's a great deal!  We'll reschedule for next week..."  
I know business is business.  If it was the first time meeting, and it was a 90 over a 60 minute for example, I'd be less likely to forgive though.  

9 minutes ago, FuriousWeasel said:

I guess it depends.  Given enough notice, I wouldn't even mind if she sent me back something like "I have the opportunity for an overnight with another client.  Would you mind rescheduling?" and I'd say "Damn, go for it, that's a great deal!  We'll reschedule for next week..."  
I know business is business.  If it was the first time meeting, and it was a 90 over a 60 minute for example, I'd be less likely to forgive though.  

This would have been my fourth visit with the provider. 

9 minutes ago, BallR said:

This would have been my fourth visit with the provider. 

As I posted earlier, she told you the truth. Forgive and forget or move on. 

2 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I respectfully, but strongly, disagree.  NCNS stands for No Call No Show.  In this case she texted the OP in advance (don't know how much in advance) that she would not be available for their date.  Therefore NCNS is totally inappropriate.  I don't even think a "No Show" is appropriate.  Yes, it's crappy and offensive behavior, but doesn't merit a NCNS review.

She said it was a "business decision" and she is right - she blew off a four-time regular, who will probably never rebook.  It's a business decision, but a poor one.

This points out the importance of having a fall-back, short-notice, "when I get stood up" strategy.  So far, when I have gotten stood up, even on short notice or NCNS, I am batting 1000 on finding a replacement consort within the allotted time.  Really helps, a couple of them have turned into ATFs.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we don’t always have to agree with each other.

Since this same subject with the same reason for a cancellation on a scheduled appointment has occurred a couple weeks ago, I’m wondering if it is the same lady and a pattern is emerging.

7 hours ago, BallR said:

This is just wrong. Shows lack of respect and I’m sorry this happened to you. 

Cancels happen sometimes, usually for reasons you never know. You had fun with her three times and you say and wanted her as a regular, so stick with her. It's not like you had scheduled surgery...it's all good.

23 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

I respectfully, but strongly, disagree.  NCNS stands for No Call No Show.  In this case she texted the OP in advance (don't know how much in advance) that she would not be available for their date.  Therefore NCNS is totally inappropriate.  I don't even think a "No Show" is appropriate.  Yes, it's crappy and offensive behavior, but doesn't merit a NCNS review.

She said it was a "business decision" and she is right - she blew off a four-time regular, who will probably never rebook.  It's a business decision, but a poor one.

This points out the importance of having a fall-back, short-notice, "when I get stood up" strategy.  So far, when I have gotten stood up, even on short notice or NCNS, I am batting 1000 on finding a replacement consort within the allotted time.  Really helps, a couple of them have turned into ATFs.

Agreed!  Neither NC nor NS, therefore not reviewable. But still a raw deal for the OP.  

IMHO the real problem (as described) was that the provider unilaterally made her business decision. I laud her for her honesty; most would have offered some lame excuse.  But perhaps a better way to deal with the issue would have been to explain the situation to the OP and ask if they could reschedule, possibly with some incentive for the OP.

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we don’t always have to agree with each other.

Since this same subject with the same reason for a cancellation on a scheduled appointment has occurred a couple weeks ago, I’m wondering if it is the same lady and a pattern is emerging.

Would happen to have the link or name of the topic? I don't believe I read/saw that on the forum.

Just now, BallR said:

Would happen to have the link or name of the topic? I don't believe I read/saw that on the forum.

Sorry I can’t remember the exact title.  I believe it asked if this worthy of a no reviewnor something like that.

I remember the guy wrote he had an appointment scheduled and shortly before th appointment, the lady cancelled and told him that a regular wanted his time slot and more time so she was going to see him instead.

I'm slightly surprised. In more than 20 years of doing this, I've never had someone cancel. I have had a few NCNS (not what this was, at all), but no cancellations.

IMHO, she should have asked if she could reschedule, and offered an incentive (more time, discount) to the OP. She also should not have mentioned the other client.

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

This is just wrong. Shows lack of respect and I’m sorry this happened to you. 

It’s beyond a lack of respect. It’s humiliating and degrading. A lot of men, like myself, do this because we don’t a very powerful self image. To be told ‘sorry but this guy is better than you, so uh-uh.’ Is a knife in the gut for some of us. How rude.

53 minutes ago, BallR said:

Stupidity is real is the thread and you should Pm Mustang.

Edited by Laci French

10 hours ago, BallR said:

Sorry that happened, bud. I'm surprised at the provider's candor, for obvious reasons. I'm guessing she didn't like being asked first to explain the reschedule, then the 'business decision' (maybe now it's seeming *to her* like an interrogation from a nosy client, regular or not) and decided, "Okay, since you asked..." Who the fuck knows.

If I was in your shoes, and the initial reschedule was with fair notice (12-24 hours is pretty standard/reasonable I think, especially in this business), I would have simply gone with it instead of inquiring--rescheduling is standard business practice, no 'reason' required. But if it was short notice, then I'd say she was unprofessional *and* made a poor business decision, for which she has paid by losing a regular.