hornyoldtoad

hobby phones

19 posts in this topic

Per hobby phones, what are the best free apps to manage hobby fun? 

Totally cool to PM me if you have a 'golden' app that you don't want to brag about in public for all eyes to see...

Setting one up now and realized some of my fav apps required a credit card - email, password vault, etc...

I use pinger textfree. don't have to pay anything, but you can buy minutes through google play. can reserve your number, but that's a waste. just use it once ever two weeks or so you'll never lose it. if you don't want to buy minutes, just watch some video ads, or do some surveys, for free minutes. texts are free. really don't end up using a  lot of minutes. even the ladies that don't take texts know exactly what they want from you on the phone, so those calls don't take long. got an option to disable notifications too. so no messages popping up on the screen when you don't want them. This does NOT apply to an incoming call. If you're worried about that, uninstall it until you need it again. Can uninstall/reinstall and it saves your info, but after a day or two uninstalled it'll delete your messages. It'll want an email. so just create an email. I recommend proton mail. 

1 hour ago, jj254-1 said:

I use pinger textfree. don't have to pay anything, but you can buy minutes through google play. can reserve your number, but that's a waste. just use it once ever two weeks or so you'll never lose it. if you don't want to buy minutes, just watch some video ads, or do some surveys, for free minutes. texts are free. really don't end up using a  lot of minutes. even the ladies that don't take texts know exactly what they want from you on the phone, so those calls don't take long. got an option to disable notifications too. so no messages popping up on the screen when you don't want them. This does NOT apply to an incoming call. If you're worried about that, uninstall it until you need it again. Can uninstall/reinstall and it saves your info, but after a day or two uninstalled it'll delete your messages. It'll want an email. so just create an email. I recommend proton mail. 

I use this too... I have an automated response I use for missed calls.. and even for texts for the ones who cant read that I dont work in the middle of the night! 😂 I've been using it for about 9 months.. only issue I have is the service is poor for most calls 

32 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

I use this too... I have an automated response I use for missed calls.. and even for texts for the ones who cant read that I dont work in the middle of the night! 😂 I've been using it for about 9 months.. only issue I have is the service is poor for most calls 

It's best if you're on wifi, otherwise there's a weird delay between when they speak and you hear it. 

Proton Mail is definitely where it is at :) I'll be curious to check that one out. Any thoughts on google voice? I'm guessing that one isnt secure. 

TextNow works really good. I've tested several phone wifi apps and in my experience #1 is  Text now as far as call quality/stability and app stability. TextFree #2. 

I've found many corrupt the phone's OS and had to master reset more times than I can remember. So far I've had decent luck with Talku.

Beware - many providers won't take calls from texting apps. So wrong.

On 7/1/2018 at 1:13 PM, Femboy286510 said:

TextNow works really good. I've tested several phone wifi apps and in my experience #1 is  Text now as far as call quality/stability and app stability. TextFree #2. 

Agree, tried it out not too long ago. Worked well. 

On 8/4/2018 at 4:50 PM, Hobby Hobbit said:

I've found many corrupt the phone's OS and had to master reset more times than I can remember. So far I've had decent luck with Talku.

Beware - many providers won't take calls from texting apps. So wrong.

Why is it “so wrong” that a lady would actually like to know who is calling/texting?  

Sir, you seem to be rubbing me the wrong way with your posts. I guess it must be my bad attitude:rolleyes:

But welcome to the board and watch out for us thieving whores. 

Sincerely, Ms Cunty

Edited by Laci French

^^^^This. The more social apps and sites are pretty nasty re: making connections. I get regular emails from LinkedIn to my burner email with providers' real names and other random men ("Do you know xyz").

As others have mentioned, TextFree is good for texts, terrible for calls. Burner is a good app for calls and texts, but, need to subscribe or regulalry refill the account to keep the number.

I use the burner app. Separate phone number for calling and texting. And separate contacts list. I just turn off my notifications for the app. And just check it regularly when I’m making appointments. Otherwise I don’t need to check it at all. Has a password protected lock on it. You pay a subscription but worth the convenience I think. 

On 08/06/2018 at 2:13 AM, Laci French said:

Why is it “so wrong” that a lady would actually like to know who is calling/texting?  

Sir, you seem to be rubbing me the wrong way with your posts. I guess it must be my bad attitude:rolleyes:

But welcome to the board and watch out for us thieving whores. 

Sincerely, Ms Cunty

First, it was somewhat tongue-in-cheek and I say somewhat because the truth is I don't want to be Googled and miss out on beautiful company as a result, presumably such as yourself. C'est la vie.

Second, I never called anyone a thief much less a whore. Thanks for the welcome all the same.

When you say leave all valuables in your car and you also say in the same post there is no honor among thieves, we can only interpret those statements together as you feel all providers are potential thieves and can’t be trusted.

6 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Just a little out of context and with quite a bit of self-deprecation in that comment as well it's whatever pfunk.

If you are really concerned put all your valuables in one hand and take care of yourself with the other probably won't run into a problem that way

4 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

When you say leave all valuables in your car and you also say in the same post there is no honor among thieves, we can only interpret those statements together as you feel all providers are potential thieves and can’t be trusted.

I have no doubt the fine TOB ladies would never but a post that started with "Don't bring anything to meets you're not willing to part with" has a majority of responses sharing bad or near bad experiences and much of the same advise I shared so what's wrong with mine? Can't be the "no honor among thieves", as it implies there is more than one person involved! https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/theres-no-honor-among-thieves.556388. If a hobbyist is taken by a provider, is it a good idea they report it to the police? Of course not! They are both allegorical "thieves"!

Must be the hobbit thing again.

Guess I should have called you out in the other other thread where you actually posted leave your valuables in the car and no honor among thieves.

And as far as honor among thieves, that is a statement that can be attributed to just one person who steals....regardless of the fact that thieves is a plural....meaning all thieves.

On 8/7/2018 at 7:28 PM, airamericavet65 said:

If you are really concerned put all your valuables in one hand and take care of yourself with the other probably won't run into a problem that way

Then what would I need you for?

#hobbitstrong