wglide2003

Where is best Burger in east Denver/Aurora

58 posts in this topic

Where is the best Burger in East Denver/ Aurora??

I do miss Fudruckers?

I don't think there is any out east but up north (northglenn/westminster) around 100th and Washington, Culver's is one of the best places imo

I'm a north metro guy too.

5280 Burger Bar has fabulous burgers all very fresh ingredients. House-made buns and condiments.

Juicy burgers is really good too... Especially their animal fries

Try My Brother's Bar on 15th street and LIttle Raven I believe is where its at.  Also, Pete's Diner on East Colfax.  And of course Jim's Burger Haven.

Wish Whataburger and In-N-Out Burgers were here in Denver.

Edited by ilovewomen

25 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Wish Whataburger and In-N-Out Burgers were here in Denver.

Freddy’s come closest to an In-N-Out.  Their shakes are awesome.

Five Guys has OK burgers, but the best fries.

I can’t think of anyone as eclectic as Whataburger.

39 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

+1000

45 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Freddy’s come closest to an In-N-Out.  Their shakes are awesome.

I can’t think of anyone as eclectic as Whataburger.

Five guys fries are the best...fries in peanut oil.

Whataburger used to be in Denver back in the 70’s.

Starting a new job on Monday and I will be working in Austin until the end of August.  I’m going to OD on Whataburger while I’m there. 

For all you Whataburger lovers, eat your heart out or come down to Austin and join me for a great burger.

7 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

For all you Whataburger lovers, eat your heart out or come down to Austin and join me for a great burger.

I’ll get my fill in the RGV next winter 😁

Not the greatest burgers, but the Cherry Cricket is a fun place to meet and eat a burger.

3 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Not the greatest burgers, but the Cherry Cricket is a fun place to meet and eat a burger.

Hmmmm, they're actually rated the Best Burger in the State. Gonna have to revisit. Haven't been there since the fire and remodel. 

Bad Daddy’s is yummy! I felt guilty through the entire meal.

Shotgun Willies has great burgers too ..... or maybe that is because of the great scenery!  Lol

BR

Three places come to mind for LoDo and east Denver/Aurora. Tilted Kilt on 16th street is one place but the service sucks. However I would like to suck and be sucked by the waitresses. Smashburger is also a good one and then there is the Red Robin which has a boat load of burgers on the menu. Stuben's also has a good burger but it can be crowded during the lunch hour. I also hear that City grill near the capitol building is also good.

I’ve never eaten at steuben’s but in my opinion there are way better places than Tilted Kilt, Red Robin or Smashburger.

However we all have our individual preferences as to what we feel is the best.

Hope I didn’t  offend you.

Edited by ilovewomen

On 6/22/2018 at 2:36 PM, BadBoy said:

Agree Cherry Cricket is fun for a burger and beer. So is My Brother's Bar although grilling and creating your own beats all the restaurants!

On 6/22/2018 at 6:36 AM, wglide2003 said:

I do miss Fudruckers?

They recently opened a Bubba's 33 in that area and they make a mean burger! 

57 minutes ago, Zelda Runner said:

Agree Cherry Cricket is fun for a burger and beer. So is My Brother's Bar although grilling and creating your own beats all the restaurants!

Preach!

I take the lazy man's route in that I get a patty from a butcher counter, one that has a mix of different beef cuts in it. For example, Whole Foods has fairly often their "Superior Burger" which is ribeye, brisket, and a cut or two I can't recall now. In Boulder, Black Belly has a patty that mixes in bone marrow. But after that, I cook it to temperature I want, have full range of topping I want, bun I want, etc. If mixing my own, I like to make a mix of lamb and bison for a burger, ala a buffalo, elk, lamb burger I had at the Fate brewery. Or bison beef mix. 

Not opposed to getting a burger some place, just that I don't make special efforts to find/go-to burger joints. That said, some of the options provided, I'm with the "eh" opinions camp. Cherry Cricket has the variety, is good, just don't see why people go wow about it. Breasturant burgers, Twin Peaks is better than Tilted Kilt, imo (and pretty much everything else on the menu; every couple of months, the burger is $5 w/beverage purchase). I like Freddie's for the patty melt, but not a fan of the fries. In-N-Out, can see why people like it (the fries), but burger is nothing special (it's good, not wow; if not paying to attention to the news, they are building a distribution center in the Springs, where the first CO location will be, 2019 timeframe, with DTC also being first Denver location). Nice burger at Shake Shack, but not a fan of the fries, but does have Abita root beer on tap, and decent shakes.

Been a few years, but, Highland Tap had a good burger. As mentioned, City Grille by the capitol does a nice no frills burger. Not in CO, but starting to take a shine to Habit Burger (Shake Shack/in-N-Out but char-grilled).

51 minutes ago, NoCoGeezer said:

Preach!

I take the lazy man's route in that I get a patty from a butcher counter, one that has a mix of different beef cuts in it. For example, Whole Foods has fairly often their "Superior Burger" which is ribeye, brisket, and a cut or two I can't recall now. In Boulder, Black Belly has a patty that mixes in bone marrow. But after that, I cook it to temperature I want, have full range of topping I want, bun I want, etc. If mixing my own, I like to make a mix of lamb and bison for a burger, ala a buffalo, elk, lamb burger I had at the Fate brewery. Or bison beef mix. 

Not opposed to getting a burger some place, just that I don't make special efforts to find/go-to burger joints. That said, some of the options provided, I'm with the "eh" opinions camp. Cherry Cricket has the variety, is good, just don't see why people go wow about it. Breasturant burgers, Twin Peaks is better than Tilted Kilt, imo (and pretty much everything else on the menu; every couple of months, the burger is $5 w/beverage purchase). I like Freddie's for the patty melt, but not a fan of the fries. In-N-Out, can see why people like it (the fries), but burger is nothing special (it's good, not wow; if not paying to attention to the news, they are building a distribution center in the Springs, where the first CO location will be, 2019 timeframe, with DTC also being first Denver location). Nice burger at Shake Shack, but not a fan of the fries, but does have Abita root beer on tap, and decent shakes.

Been a few years, but, Highland Tap had a good burger. As mentioned, City Grille by the capitol does a nice no frills burger. Not in CO, but starting to take a shine to Habit Burger (Shake Shack/in-N-Out but char-grilled).

I get the butcher to blend meats and agree Tap and Burger has great options. Sounds like you enjoy a variety of good burgers and that's part of the fun with them. There is so much to be done to create and change up the flavors. Bacon is the gem on top with cheese! 

2 minutes ago, Zelda Runner said:

Bacon is the gem on top with cheese! 

A classic. 

A twist on it: bacon and chiles. Sauté some roasted chiles with sweet onion, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, oregano. Place on the burger when the cheese goes on. The roasted chiles with bacon is also a great option for eggs.

5 minutes ago, Zelda Runner said:

I get the butcher to blend meats and agree Tap and Burger has great options. Sounds like you enjoy a variety of good burgers and that's part of the fun with them. There is so much to be done to create and change up the flavors. Bacon is the gem on top with cheese! 

Always more bacon.

What's your favorite "on top" cheese?

1 minute ago, NoCoGeezer said:

A classic. 

A twist on it: bacon and chiles. Sauté some roasted chiles with sweet onion, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, oregano. Place on the burger when the cheese goes on. The roasted chiles with bacon is also a great option for eggs.

Omg yes that sounds delicious! 

1 minute ago, eatu55 said:

Always more bacon.

What's your favorite "on top" cheese?

Cheddar, Pepperjack, goat cheese, a mixture of cheeses, really could be anything. Cheese and bacon with spicy toppings rock! What's your favorite? 

10 minutes ago, Zelda Runner said:

Cheddar, Pepperjack, goat cheese, a mixture of cheeses, really could be anything. Cheese and bacon with spicy toppings rock! What's your favorite? 

I'm a huge fan of savory toppings on my burgers. Pepperjack always a winner. Bleu cheese and goat cheese are great with the right other toppings.

My ATF burger is from 5280 Burger Bar in Westminster (never fail to get that half-off beer, but it's a sweat inducer):

Angus Beef*, Pepper Jack Cheese, Sautéed Habanero & Serrano Peppers, Red Leaf Lettuce, 5280 Chipotle Mayo & Our Famous Ring Of Fire Sauce. Order this and your 2nd beer is half off!

1 hour ago, eatu55 said:

I'm a huge fan of savory toppings on my burgers. Pepperjack always a winner. Bleu cheese and goat cheese are great with the right other toppings.

My ATF burger is from 5280 Burger Bar in Westminster (never fail to get that half-off beer, but it's a sweat inducer):

Angus Beef*, Pepper Jack Cheese, Sautéed Habanero & Serrano Peppers, Red Leaf Lettuce, 5280 Chipotle Mayo & Our Famous Ring Of Fire Sauce. Order this and your 2nd beer is half off!

Ok now the burger craving takes over on this hot summer day. Grilling outside is still fun despite the heat! Might have to steal that recipe and tweak it a little more with bacon jam! 

3 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I’ve never eaten at steuben’s but in my opinion there are way better places than Tilted Kilt, Red Robin or Smashburger.

However we all have our individual preferences as to what we feel is the best.

Hope I didn’t  offend you.

No, you did not insult me. I just eat at home most of the time because I like to cook. I prefer a good Ruben myself.

On 6/22/2018 at 8:36 AM, wglide2003 said:

I do miss Fudruckers?

Thank God you specified East Denver/Aurora. Otherwise you might have received a shitload of responses about Central Denver, Downtown, Cherry Creek, Boulder or what the butcher's at Whole Foods are brewing up. 

Now, let me cast aside any false modesty and  say a few words about cheese and my culinary skills since you asked.....