Length of Time to wait

25 posts in this topic

So a few days ago I decided to go visit someone and we had a specified time.  I arrived 10 minutes early and let he know I was there.  There where crickets for about 10 or so minutes when I finally heard from her.  At which time she said she was at such place, which is exactly where I was at.  Strange, but OK, I will just wait a bit more.  I ended up waiting a total of 30 minutes beyond our scheduled meet time.   She did tell me what floor she was on....but at the 30 minutes beyond our appointment mark she never gave me a room number.  Once again.....weird.  So I left instead of standing in a hallway.  After this amount of time I just up and left because I felt she was playing games.

My question.  What is your max wait time before you tell her you left and she wasted your time?

30 minutes is more than enough. I have providers text back and ask for 5 minutes more to get ready.

I have even had a provider text that she was ready 10 minutes early.

I am also curious about wait times.  Sounds like the OP was Incall.  What about an Outcall?  How long do you wait without a response before you either make alternate arrangements or go do something else??  What about wait time for confirmation calls??  This line ties into my biggest irritation with the Hobby.  Communications or the lack thereof.  I had a text returned today from a YL that I texted over a week ago.  Asked if I was still interested...…   I mean really????  In my original text I told her I was travelling through her town and would be there for one night.  Arghhhhh  Gonna go see if Fish left any Snickers Bars laying around.

1 hour ago, leigeois said:

So a few days ago I decided to go visit someone and we had a specified time.  I arrived 10 minutes early and let he know I was there.  There where crickets for about 10 or so minutes when I finally heard from her.  At which time she said she was at such place, which is exactly where I was at.  Strange, but OK, I will just wait a bit more.  I ended up waiting a total of 30 minutes beyond our scheduled meet time.   She did tell me what floor she was on....but at the 30 minutes beyond our appointment mark she never gave me a room number.  Once again.....weird.  So I left instead of standing in a hallway.  After this amount of time I just up and left because I felt she was playing games.

My question.  What is your max wait time before you tell her you left and she wasted your time?

Without a proper, specific notification of being late, it's rude, disrespectful and just wrong to keep a man waiting. 

54 minutes ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

I am also curious about wait times.  Sounds like the OP was Incall.  What about an Outcall? 

Unless the lady has a solid track record, no to outcall.

Long time ago, had a lady come over via an agency. Was promised in an hour. Hour and a half came and went. Called agency: "On the way".  Two hours go by. "On the way". 2.5hrs later, I call and tell them to forget about it, going to bed. 3.5hrs after booking, door bell is going off, and I'm fast asleep: the woman is at the door.

Guess a hotel might be a little better, but with an incall situation, can always make some calls and head over elsewhere, or grab some drinks and food, since the effort was made to get out of the house. But when one is "captive"...

In 17 years, I have never been late, (although I've had gents run late on occasion and waited for them). I have on the other hand received and okay'ed many early arrivals though by 5/10min. There is no 'wait time'. Or is that a 'new TOB' acronym....W.T (wait time)?? LOL. 

Edited by Nina Rox

Time is a very important it cannot be replaced once wasted it is certainly the responsibility of all to keep the other party informed of what's going on and not waste time as far as waiting it is rude to not respond and have someone sitting around hoping for some kind of answer

Nearly all of the ladies I visit are ready right on time (I only do incalls).  For the few who aren't, my attitude is pretty flexible:

Crickets:  10 minutes, three texts and I am out of there.

Lousy excuse, but at least some communication ("just a minute"):  15 minutes total, and I am out of there.

Good excuse ("my dog threw up and I want to clean it up first" or "I'm dropping my daughter off at the sitters and the traffic is backed up"):  As long as it takes, as long as the communication is good and there is a bar nearby.

Once I decide I am out of there, I am immediately on the P411 "available now" page, blasting out requests (sometimes I start during the wait, just in case).  I assume that if you advertise in the "Available now" section, you are not going to be offended by a "Are you available now?" request.  So far, batting 1000 on that approach, longest wait time was 45 minutes (30 of which were spent getting there).

Although I am almost always 10-15 minutes early, occasionally I am 5-10 minutes late myself, and expect the ladies to understand, so I like to extend the same attitude towards them.  Tip to newbies:  If you are going to be late, be sure to offer to take it out of your hour, usually they don't do that, but by offering, it correctly sets the tone of not being an entitled asshole.

4 hours ago, leigeois said:

Depends on how much I wanna see her! But my rule of thumb, 30 minutes max. Especally if  she  ghost me. I text at like 5 minute intervals. 

If she is communicative, I am more likely to hang out. Life happens. BUT let’s communicate! And avoid a no show review.

More than once I have been kept hanging around. A couple of times I have been asked to go to another location after arriving at the agreed location. After the first few incidents I decided that 10 or 15 minutes was a reasonable delay, but beyond that I was leaving.

Your method may vary.

15 minutes maxx!!!!!!!

there is nothing more awkward than waiting in a location for a long period of time not looking out of place!!! I try to play it off, but never feel as I am.......

10 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

Long time ago, had a lady come over via an agency. Was promised in an hour. Hour and a half came and went. Called agency: "On the way".  Two hours go by. "On the way". 2.5hrs later, I call and tell them to forget about it, going to bed. 3.5hrs after booking, door bell is going off, and I'm fast asleep: the woman is at the door.

I Remember when this seemed to be the norm,  [her] showing up 3.5 hours late meant right on time.👓

AnD one hour late meant she was early....

7 hours ago, Turtle138 said:

5 min and bye.

I hate trains.

LOL Really?  She's 5 min late and you assume it's because she's with another man?  :rolleyes:

Lol let just makes for a bad time.

Lol you would not be that person. 😋

Here is a simple rule to follow and what I told everyone of my employees on their first day on the job......and this is fairly consistent around the working world of 9 to 5ers.

If you are early, you are on time.

If you are on time, you are late.

If you are late, you are fired.

Simple.  Those of us that work standard jobs live by it, why cant others?

How long do you wait is directly linked to how horny you feel😂😂

9 minutes ago, leigeois said:

Here is a simple rule to follow and what I told everyone of my employees on their first day on the job......and this is fairly consistent around the working world of 9 to 5ers.

If you are early, you are on time.

If you are on time, you are late.

If you are late, you are fired.

Simple.  

So when the lady shows up 5 minutes late;

Do you verbally tell her she’s fired?

Or do you give her a written notice?

2 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

So when the lady shows up 5 minutes late;

Do you verbally tell her she’s fired?

Or do you give her a written notice?

I cant answer that, I have only done incall.  However if her TPS reports do not have the proper cover sheet, then yes, she will be written up.

I have this happen a couple of times also. I've decided 30 minutes is my max.

If it is crickets for 15 minutes past the set time and you have let her know you are there, it is a NCNS.  

Typically 30 minutes. I once waited an hour for a lady that I REALLY wanted to see, because she had been in great communication beforehand (including texting me some enticing pics), and texted a few times right around our specified appointment time about needing extra time. Then she went silent. She even stood me up on an "I'll make it up to you" appointment a few weeks later after profusely apologizing.

Each time is very different.  As long as communication lines are open and i have no where else i need to be, i just accept that life happens and sometimes 'late' is a part of it.

I too have run late a few times for traffic reasons and have always appreciated the flexibility i have received each time - so it is a two way street.

So... one time I got there right on time and texted.  Crickets.  After 10 minutes and a couple texts, I was about ready to take off when she finally texted back that she was come on up, and added (without being asked), "Sorry - I had to poop and then decided to take a shower to be clean."  Too much sharing!  We had a great laugh about it, and she ended up being my ATATF.  So, it's not always another guy, answering texts, etc.