How do you typically handle negative reviews

24 posts in this topic

Question for providers how do you typically handle negative reviews I had a ncns towards the end of May so I left a no review cause I think it's best to be honest when reviewing but she messaged me today telling me we never met so why am I leaving a negative review I was curious if this is something to be expected when leaving a no review not that I typically give out no's or if this is just a rare occurrence

It was my understanding that a review can only be done if a meeting actually took place?  I could be wrong and that could be a rule that has since changed perhaps.??? That's prob why she questioned it.

I think a ncns can be reviewed if appointment has been set. 

6 minutes ago, acmb2017 said:

I think a ncns can be reviewed if appointment has been set. 

You could very well be correct. 

NCNS review has always been allowed. If never set a time and place, can't review.

TER on the other hand did not allow NCNS reviews. 

Just now, NoCoGeezer said:

NCNS review has always been allowed. If never set a time and place, can't review.

TER on the other hand did not allow NCNS reviews. 

aha!  Thank you for the clarification xoxo

13 minutes ago, Danielle Rae said:

It was my understanding that a review can only be done if a meeting actually took place?  I could be wrong and that could be a rule that has since changed perhaps.??? That's prob why she questioned it.

Ncns reviews have always been allowed as far as I know but now that I'm looking through the comments it looks like everyone cleared that up

59 minutes ago, Danielle Rae said:

That was the rule on ECCIE. NCNS ‘reviews’ were posted on the discussion board where they ruled from view.  You could still find them by searching though.

As I Recall, on TOB the rule was that you had to have a firm appointment before you could post an NCNS review and NCNS was part of the Services dropdown menu. 

Throw a full on tantrum in aisle 5 at the nearest Safeway.  Ladies, isn’t this standard?😂

Whenever I see a "no" for recommend and a "don't know" for pictures, I assume it was a ncns.

Some seem to handle negative reviews gracefully. You can't please all the people all of the time, after all. But I did have one lady message me here and claim the appointment never happened and demanded I pull the review.

First of I try not to post a negative review when ever possible.  Most of the time is just no chemistry.  I am not a good looking guy so I understand it can be hard for the ladies.  However, the negatives ones I try to post as honestly as possible and try to be very careful on the verbiage.  If I can say something positive I put it in there.  I am not here to ruin anyones career just save the poor souls from wasting their money.  I have had different responses from nothing being said to being cursed out. When you had actual reviews providers could contact us before it was posted.  I have had some really good discussions but may rarely revised anything that was posted.  Those that have asked since the rule changes for my experience will understand exactly by what I have sent them.

As for any body that gets reviews you should learn from what people say even though it may not be the whole truth it is their truth and if you grow from it people will understand you are just human.

I got a maybe review once.... and legit had a breakdown...😂😂😂 

* I did not approach the reviewer, I let it ride*

Edited by MeganMarie4u

48 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

I got a maybe review once.... and legit had a breakdown...😂😂😂 

* I did not approach the reviewer, I let it ride*

Aww poor thing well at least you were professional about it a maybe is alot better than a flat out no in my opinion

Question, do The Ladies still have the capabilities to respond to a review or did that go away?

11 minutes ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

Question, do The Ladies still have the capabilities to respond to a review or did that go away?

Yes. We can post a rebuttal. 

25 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Yes. We can post a rebuttal. 

I would think that could be a double edged sword so should be handled carefully.  Personally I put little weight into a maybe especially if offset by yes reviews. A No with a solid pictures carries a little more weight but again versus how many yes reviews.  You always have to remember that you cant always be perfect for everyone and expect them to understand the same.

1 minute ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

I would think that could be a double edged sword so should be handled carefully.  Personally I put little weight into a maybe especially if offset by yes reviews. A No with a solid pictures carries a little more weight but again versus how many yes reviews.  You always have to remember that you cant always be perfect for everyone and expect them to understand the same.

I'd say the double edged sword is the reason lots of ladies dont post rebuttals! 

41 minutes ago, mountainrider33 said:

I went out of my box once and thr session wasn't that great for me. I gave her a yes recommendation but I was seriously thinking of a maybe. The reason why I say maybe is because she wasn't my cup of tea but I could definitely see somebody else liking her.  It was my first and only session where I didn't finish.  I think she was more hurt about me not finishing than I was

BeenHereDoingThis Been There Done That...…..   Total disconnect from the start.  The harder we tried the more out of sync we got.  Gave it up before either even came close.  I couldn't do a bad review because it was as much or more my fault than hers.  We just did not mesh. Her style and my style were not sympatico, not that she was a bad provider.  

8 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

I'd say the double edged sword is the reason lots of ladies dont post rebuttals! 

Which is my point.  Public rebuttals can look petty or like excuses.  I really do understand this issue.  Although about 80% of my work is private treaty I pull fill in work from a board kinda like this but kinda not.  And the work from that board gets ratings like here. Thumbs Up or Down.  Everybody has their percentages right under there names on the board.  One big difference is they do have an arbitration board due to the effect negative ratings can do.  Personally wont work for anyone below 98%.  So I know how I would feel with a negative review.

I recently spent a very pleasant time with a young lady and entered a positive review (I am new here, so my review is subject to approval before publication, no problem with that). The young lady then received a negative review from someone else, and has since been pestering me to change or withdraw that negative review. Nothing I can do about it, and she does not seem to understand that I am not the one who posted the negative.

Oh well. Not the first time in my life that I've been blamed for what other people have done.

19 minutes ago, easytimes81006 said:

I recently spent a very pleasant time with a young lady and entered a positive review (I am new here, so my review is subject to approval before publication, no problem with that). The young lady then received a negative review from someone else, and has since been pestering me to change or withdraw that negative review. Nothing I can do about it, and she does not seem to understand that I am not the one who posted the negative.

Oh well. Not the first time in my life that I've been blamed for what other people have done.

You can explain it to her but you can't understand it for her. :D

29 minutes ago, easytimes81006 said:

(I am new here, so my review is subject to approval before publication, no problem with that).

Hey, I’ve been here since the beginning of TOB and my reviews are subject to approval, just like everyone else’s. Good thing, too.  

I believe you are referring to having your newbie posts moderated, which is different & also a good thing. Helps keep the trolls in check.

12 hours ago, Onlyonceinawhile said:

Question for providers how do you typically handle negative reviews I had a ncns towards the end of May so I left a no review cause I think it's best to be honest when reviewing but she messaged me today telling me we never met so why am I leaving a negative review I was curious if this is something to be expected when leaving a no review not that I typically give out no's or if this is just a rare occurrence

I thought one of the best features of TOB versus other boards is that ladies can rebut their own reviews.  This way, the lady has the final say in her reviews.  Since you now can't add any notes, rest of story etc to current reviews, you can only put Yes, No or So So.

Anytime you leave a NO review (to me) it depends on the provider on how she'll respond.  If she's well reviewed, then it could be no chemistry.  If she's new, could be a myriad of issues.  One bad review (to me) cannot hurt any ladies business (even by a respected reviewer).  If there are a slew of NO reviews, then the spidey-senses should tingle.