Dilemma

48 posts in this topic

So, this could be the other side of a Referral coin! I think I've seen posts from ladies about Gents that want referrals or references from a guy she's never seen! (someone will correct me)

SO!  Today, I get a request from a lady, I've never seen before, to refer Gents to her. She seems nice enough. She HAS a couple reviews. (wondering why she didn't ask those gents) She has a profile! Not an FNG.

Folks, please know I am always happy to help you all get together! I love helping guys and ladies. I'm a non discriminatory referrer! :cool:

However, I'm asking, especially you guys, could you trust a referral from me on a lady I've not met? I do not know her level of menu items, nor her "fun coupon" suggestion!B)

But it seems, like an odd request. From someone I don't even know.

As always,

Best regards to all of you!

5 minutes ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

However, I'm asking, especially you guys, could you trust a referral from me on a lady I've not met? I do not know her level of menu items, nor her "fun coupon" suggestion!B)

No. I think your reputation will keep being good only if you speak about ladies you've met.

But, if you have some knowledge of her from other sources, you can always answer: "I don't know her personally, but I've heard that... "

15 minutes ago, Bora Bora said:

No. I think your reputation will keep being good only if you speak about ladies you've met.

But, if you have some knowledge of her from other sources, you can always answer: "I don't know her personally, but I've heard that... "

Sorry, I cannot answer that 

if you pm me I can direct you to her profile and reviews.

regards

I see no dilemma, at least for myself, the answer would be no. On occasion I get phantom texts that I do not reply to, or a pm on here that includes menu and rates, not often but still. I suppose I'd be curious if she had a profile and some reviews, and if I knew of the reviewers. My biggest issue I suppose is the story a while back where one had coffee with LE and granted okays, and well you know the rest of the story. 

3 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

I see no dilemma, at least for myself, the answer would be no. On occasion I get phantom texts that I do not reply to, or a pm on here that includes menu and rates, not often but still. I suppose I'd be curious if she had a profile and some reviews, and if I knew of the reviewers. My biggest issue I suppose is the story a while back where one had coffee with LE and granted okays, and well you know the rest of the story. 

As I mentioned, she has reviews and profile.

1 hour ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

SO!  Today, I get a request from a lady, I've never seen before, to refer Gents to her.

However, I'm asking, especially you guys, could you trust a referral from me on a lady I've not met?

WTF !    Is she nuts ??   Is she that hard up for business ??   You have a decent rep,don't,as others have stated, spoil your trust. I would NEVER recommend someone I've never met .

19 minutes ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

As I mentioned, she has reviews and profile.

I get that part, maybe in this new world I'm a Nervous Nellie, that's on me. 

If reading this correctly, a lady you have never met wants you to send business her way? Ummm... no.

Conspiracy theorist in me makes the leap of LE coming after me for facilitating, in hope of me flipping, assisting LE further (see: the board in NM that was run by the university dean and Princeton prof that got shut down due to people flipping on others for services and or facilitating).

Non-conspiracy side of brain, not going to put my name out there for a lady I have not met and to random dudes.

My opinion on this is that if she wants a referral from the stud of TOB , she may not only have to give you a "free one", she may have to pay for your services. I'm sure there have been some dirt bags that have tried to blackmail girls for a good review, but this doesn't seem like the case here.

1 hour ago, new2hobbying said:

I certainly would not provide a referral for someone I did not know.  

+1000

The whole idea here is to be safe and have fun.  If we cultivate a system where we vouch for complete strangers then why have references at all?

53 minutes ago, hornyoldtoad said:

+1000

The whole idea here is to be safe and have fun.  If we cultivate a system where we vouch for complete strangers then why have references at all

1 hour ago, Gregorysymph said:

My opinion on this is that if she wants a referral from the stud of TOB , she may not only have to give you a "free one", she may have to pay for your services. I'm sure there have been some dirt bags that have tried to blackmail girls for a good review, but this doesn't seem like the case here.

I know right?!  Don’t know menu options, or “fun coupon “ requirements. 

Quite sure YL is not LE. Based on her profile and two reviews. 

A free one! Hmmm! Ok, honestly I’ve never bargained for that. BUT.  Truth be told,  have been given one for review. 😇. Her offer! Not MY request! 

I wouldn’t do it if I were you...

your advice / referrals / recommendations have always been on point and that may not be the case if you start giving them for people you don’t know.

Edited by Todoesprivado

I could never vouch for or give a reference for a lady that I did not know or have never met.

For her to ask for a reference from you since you have never met is completely wrong and raises a red flag about who she is and her motives.

When you give a reference, it reflects on you.

Please do not give her a reference unless you have met her.

Edited by ilovewomen

Agreed. You don’t need any more references under your name. The only thing this stands to do is hurt you and your reputation. You have nothing to gain and things to loose. Bad business deal. 

4 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

If I was asked to give recommendations for a lady I haven't met, I'd consider asking if she's volunteering a session so you are able to explain fully to others what the session would entail and how the service was.

😁🤪😄😱😮👽😁

I personally would not do it either.

Also just an opinion but even if you got a "free one" I would still be hesitant on full recommendation as what you get to pass the word on may not be what others get. I know ymmv but just my personal thought.

Edited by acmb2017
Phone auto correct got me

I wouldn't feel comfortable giving a reference to someone I hadn't seen.  If the lady was on my "wish" list, I might explore the idea of a first get together, after communicating enough to think we might be a good match.  After seeing her, then I would feel comfortable about respectfully passing along general information about our get together.

I’m looking at this from the other side - this looks like an invitation for you to take one for the team. Whether you pay her full rate or not is between you and the young lady, but it looks like she’s target marketing you specifically because, as others have said, your word seems to be trustworthy. For your word to remain trustworthy, you need to actually see her before you can recommend her. If she’s new, she probably is desperate for business... no shame in that, FOSTA changed the landscape, but not the financial obligations ladies have. 

You have a solid reputation and should never risk that by recommending a lady you have never met. 

Share an encounter and give an honest account of that to the other gentlemen.  

Strange happenings lately as I was asked by a relatively new lady to share my client list.  We need to help the new ladies and gents, but our first responsibility is to keep our community safe. 

17 hours ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

So, this could be the other side of a Referral coin! I think I've seen posts from ladies about Gents that want referrals or references from a guy she's never seen! (someone will correct me)

SO!  Today, I get a request from a lady, I've never seen before, to refer Gents to her. She seems nice enough. She HAS a couple reviews. (wondering why she didn't ask those gents) She has a profile! Not an FNG.

Folks, please know I am always happy to help you all get together! I love helping guys and ladies. I'm a non discriminatory referrer! :cool:

But it seems, like an odd request. From someone I don't even know.

As always,

Best regards to all of you!

Me personally LOL, if you haven't met/reviewed her, I would not trust that request........Nothing against you, its just like buying a car that a guy told me was a great buy and finding out it was a LEMON after I bought it. Can't be mad at the guy, LOL he didn't drive the car, he just looked at the paint job. I have gotten a few of those referring request as well but I only recommend who I have seen.................

5 minutes ago, Savoir Faire said:

Me personally LOL, if you haven't met/reviewed her, I would not trust that request........Nothing against you, its just like buying a car that a guy told me was a great buy and finding out it was a LEMON after I bought it. Can't be mad at the guy, LOL he didn't drive the car, he just looked at the paint job. I have gotten a few of those referring  request as well but I only recommend who I have seen.................

As do I sir, Recommend those I have seen. Which is why I told her I could only recommend if I met her in person.

Thank you for your inciteful reply.

Edited by a_happycamper_12
Punctuation

10 minutes ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

As do I sir, Recommend those I have seen. Which is why I told her I could only recommend if I met her in person.

Oops. Meant INSIGHTFUL not inciteful lol

How this is a "dilemma," I have no clue. How this is worth a post let alone 26 responses, I have no idea. 

You all could complicate a spoon.  In the right situation, "no" is a complete sentence. 

13 minutes ago, Happymon said:

How this is a "dilemma," I have no clue. How this is worth a post let alone 26 responses, I have no idea. 

You all could complicate a spoon.  In the right situation, "no" is a complete sentence. 

This should never have been a dilemma.  The OP's answer should have been an automatic NO.

As far as why there have been multiple responses, we all wanted to put our $.02 in, just like you did to question why we have responded to this post.

19 hours ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

Sorry, I cannot answer that 

if you pm me I can direct you to her profile and reviews.

regards

No, thanks. I'm not interested in that particular lady. I was just commenting on your general question.

9 hours ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

Mr Camper you are most welcome. I must admit that I have decided to visit after reading your infamous "Sign me up as a Happy Camper" signature....................

Only if she gave you a free sampling. 

Got a be like Costco no sample no buy.

Take care buddy!