jasminewaterss7

Red Flag?

22 posts in this topic

This one is a question for the ladies. 

So let’s say you receive an inquiry from a gentleman that seems polite and innocuous. He shares his TOB references with you and you notice that all of his references were added on the same day. Same thing with his reviews. Also he just joined TOB a week ago. 

My question is: if he was legit why is all this activity going on within a week. 

Am I being paranoid? 

Maybe he's just young healthy and horny😃😃😃

I'd say you have a good eye. It's possible that he's just new to this, but your safety is the critical factor here. I'd say you're best off going with your gut. I tell guys the same thing. If something seems fishy, move on.

I'd say follow your instinct that is telling you there's something going on.

You can always try calling or contacting directly the ladies on his references and see if they remember him.

Sometimes a guy needs to change his handle! Seen it happen many times! 

Id contact some of the ladies on his references list from the site.

In the last couple weeks I’ve had 2 new members contact me via pm.  One account was just 2hrs old and he was contacting my reviewers for information... suspicious.  The other account was brand new and I was going to book but he wanted the room number way ahead of time and I told him to contact me when he arrives and he never did... weird.  I get paranoid with new accounts too.

At least he does have references you can contact! 

Reviews tend to be approved in batches, rather than first in first out. Some of my reviews have posted within 24 hours, some take longer. Depends how busy the admins are.  All on one day isn't a huge red flag. Call a couple, see if he's cool, and go from there.

3 hours ago, jasminewaterss7 said:

So let’s say you receive an inquiry from a gentleman that seems polite and innocuous. He shares his TOB references with you and you notice that all of his references were added on the same day. Same thing with his reviews. Also he just joined TOB a week ago. 

My question is: if he was legit why is all this activity going on within a week. 

Am I being paranoid? 

Do you trust the ladies he’s seen?  

Your spidey senses are tingling for a reason. So much strange lately that mine are on fire!

Always ask yourself this...am I being smart and safe in this decision.  

32 minutes ago, mountainrider33 said:

Depends, is he asking them about your menu and your rates?  That's not suspicious, I do it all the time with someone I'm thinking of seeing and so do most guys now.  Heck, I even have a group PM that I set up because I've met many guys in the PMs that like the same type of women I do and now we pool our information on what we think of different providers and what they offer on their menus.

A user that is 2 hours old should only ask & have an answer to a thumbs up or down pertaining to a Lady.  Dissemination of information beyond that is not wise.

31 minutes ago, mountainrider33 said:

Depends, is he asking them about your menu and your rates?  That's not suspicious, I do it all the time with someone I'm thinking of seeing and so do most guys now.  Heck, I even have a group PM that I set up because I've met many guys in the PMs that like the same type of women I do and now we pool our information on what we think of different providers and what they offer on their menus.

Good idea !  

10 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

A user that is 2 hours old should only ask & have an answer to a thumbs up or down pertaining to a Lady.  Dissemination of information beyond that is not wise.

This is spot on!  Some strange things are happening and we all need to lock our community up tight. 

2 hours ago, Kaduk said:

Unless he provides cupcakes, right? 😎

5 hours ago, vipblonde said:

In the last couple weeks I’ve had 2 new members contact me via pm.  One account was just 2hrs old and he was contacting my reviewers for information... suspicious.  The other account was brand new and I was going to book but he wanted the room number way ahead of time and I told him to contact me when he arrives and he never did... weird.  I get paranoid with new accounts too.

At least he does have references you can contact! 

One was 2 hrs old and the other was new? Did you mean 2 yrs old ??? If so his asking around perfectly normal. Room number ahead - oh hell no!!

6 hours ago, jasminewaterss7 said:

Am I being paranoid? 

Just cause you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!

Look at the seen on date in the reviews. "All that activity" could have spanned a month. Many providers will hold their reference until they see dude"s review. Lastly you did not give a number. If he saw and reviewed three ladies in a week big deal. 30 in a week, well that is just bs and indeed red flag.

2 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

Well it sounded suspicious to my reviewer and and I was alerted about it.  

6 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

One was 2 hrs old and the other was new? Did you mean 2 yrs old ??? If so his asking around perfectly normal. Room number ahead - oh hell no!!

Yes the account was 2hrs old like just made.

3 minutes ago, vipblonde said:

Well it sounded suspicious to my reviewer and and I was alerted about it.  

Yes the account was 2hrs old like just made.

2 hours ...... yes, suspicious to be contacting reviewers and EXPECTING any real information. Cupcakes not withstanding.

On 6/18/2018 at 11:09 AM, jj254-1 said:

Reviews tend to be approved in batches, rather than first in first out. Some of my reviews have posted within 24 hours, some take longer. Depends how busy the admins are.  All on one day isn't a huge red flag. Call a couple, see if he's cool, and go from there.

This is exactly the case^ Unfortunately I think I've been blacklisted on because of this. The reviews show the seen-on date and they are all different dates. Kind of a bummer because I was very much looking forward to seeing the provider. I cannot even reach out now because I think she blocked me. If you have a change of heart and have a chance to check with my references, please pm me!! Has this happened to anyone else? I totally understand everyone is ultra cautious now because of the changes. Just bad timing on my part I guess. 

Here is an example of someone who cannot read the writing on the wall. Lol! 

If someone initially wouldn’t see you because they were suspicious and feeling uneasy, they would certainly block you for blowing up their inbox, email and phone. 

I say this with love but it’s better to just keep it moving some times 😅

3 hours ago, jasminewaterss7 said:

Here is an example of someone who cannot read the writing on the wall. Lol! 

If someone initially wouldn’t see you because they were suspicious and feeling uneasy, they would certainly block you for blowing up their inbox, email and phone. 

I say this with love but it’s better to just keep it moving some times 😅

Lesson learned. 

Hopefully other new folks learn from it. You basically have one shot to make your provider of interest feel safe. If that gets ruined even for reasons out of your control, that’s it. It’s understandable that the provider not take unnecessary risk, it’s just not worth it for them. 

Sorry for any misunderstanding. Good luck! 

On 6/18/2018 at 9:19 AM, jasminewaterss7 said:

Am I being paranoid? 

Hello, that is a good question because I have had an instance that recently occurred like that. For me I let the client know that once he was established on the other board with cuurent active providers that I could contact to confirm details of the session I would be happy to provide a hour+ session. I also emphasize that the references needed to be a current “ACTIVE” provider. I hope this helps.