Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rick_A

The Dollhouse

22 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone remembers The Dollhouse. She used to advertise in the Colo Spgs Independent about 10-12  yrs ago before CL and BP became popular; always had a few YL's available and would deliver to my door. Those were the days!

Yes. I remember the name. Not sure from where though. I used to advertise in the Indy...in 2001, but not sure if that's where I remember her/them from.  Didn't know her/them personally, just remember the name. 

Edited by Nina Rox

Wasn’t there a topless bar on noth pecos(?) back in the 79’s and 80’s called Doll House!🤔

52 minutes ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

Wasn’t there a topless bar on noth pecos(?) back in the 79’s and 80’s called Doll House!🤔

Yes. Pecos and US-36. The A-frame fronted building next to the motel right on the corner there. Was a nice, chill club, imo. No hustling for table dances, full-size pool tables in decent shape, cute girl-next-door types.

Seem to recall that it and Bustop were owned by the same guy out of Houston, a strip-club king, who ran into many Federal legal troubles and unloaded them not too long after buying them.

That’s the place. It was 3.2 bar. I believe. 

1 hour ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

Meant 70’s and 80’s 

22 minutes ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

That’s the place. It was 3.2 bar. I believe. 

3.2 place was Pecos Junction. Just next door to the Dollhouse. Dollhouse was full-bar, topless, Junction was nude and open 'til 4/5am.

(Though memory might be a little hazy: Junction might be the pawn shop that is next business to the right of attached)

Boogie Down was at Pecos and 64th, now a used car lot. Was always full bar when I was familiar with it, but seem to recall some mentioning that it was a 3.2 place in an earlier time.

Pecos.png

Edited by NoCoGeezer

1 hour ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

You are thinking of The Dream House ,which was on Pecos.  There have been several places called "The Doll House"  in Metro Denver over the decades.Including an infamous swing club ( innocent look )  and a club on North Washington that had the ugliest girls and worst beer ever.

Edited by JRWolfe
additional info

The Dollhouse I was referring to operated out of Teller County. The madam would literally deliver and pickup her YL's in her white cadillac.

5 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

You are thinking of The Dream House ,which was on Pecos.  There have been several places called "The Doll House"  in Metro Denver over the decades.Including an infamous swing club ( innocent look )  and a club on North Washington that had the ugliest girls and worst beer ever.

Dream House is still on North Washington. DIY place.

16 minutes ago, NoCoGeezer said:

3.2 place was Pecos Junction. Just next door to the Dollhouse. Dollhouse was full-bar, topless, Junction was nude and open 'til 4/5am.

(Though memory might be a little hazy: Junction might be the pawn shop that is next business to the right of attached)

Boogie Down was at Pecos and 64th, now a used car lot. Was always full bar when I was familiar with it, but seem to recall some mentioning that it was a 3.2 place in an earlier time.

Pecos.png

The above photo is correct. There was a well worn path between the two clubs. Guys would get a buzz at the DREAM HOUSE watching topless women,then walk over to sober up watching all nude women. Pecos Junction was a pop shop when it was all nude,not a 3.2 bar.  The owner of Pecos Junction was a long time friend of mine,he owned a lot of clubs,but sold them all off when he retired.  Old Oyster readers might recall that I covered several special events at both clubs. Good times :)  I was at the grand opening of Boogie Down, it was never 3.2,it was a full bar.

Edited by JRWolfe
more info

5 minutes ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

Dream House is still on North Washington. DIY place.

That  is a renamed self service club.  Actually that location has had about three names over the years that I was at the Oyster. The  club on Pecos was the Dream House, pulled out an old Oyster to confirm my memory.

Dream House. Yes, that was the name of Doll House before ownership change. Or visa-versa. 

But yes, also a Dream House now on Washington: jack shack.

As to madame pulling up in  a Cadillac: might have been same woman that used to advertise in "Oyster" under the ad title of "Twin Peaks". She got busted in Boulder many years ago: pulled up in the middle of a substance sting and cops got her while they waited for the real reason they were in the lot to shake out. For those complaining about no/fake pics, no reviews, etc. this woman and her harem, let's just say one was really disappointed when you booked through them, and was a bit of a life-lesson, right-of-passage in the olden days of hobbying.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

5 minutes ago, NoCoGeezer said:

She got busted in Boulder many years ago

She operated locally out of Teller Co. Not the same woman/white cadillac. 

4 minutes ago, NoCoGeezer said:

Dream House. Yes, that was the name of Doll House before ownership change. Or visa-versa. 

Don't recall a name change ,and I  covered the local strip clubs for Stripper Magazine and Exotic Dancer,as well as the Oyster. Loved not having to pay a cover and got a ton of notices for their events. Just looked up on my office wall and noticed that the autographed poster of Heaven Lee was from an appearance she made at Dream House. Toward the end they brought in many mid level as well as real famous feature dancers. Heaven loved the cover story on her and showed her appreciation off premise.

7 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

Yes. Pecos and US-36. The A-frame fronted building next to the motel right on the corner there. Was a nice, chill club, imo. No hustling for table dances, full-size pool tables in decent shape, cute girl-next-door types.

Seem to recall that it and Bustop were owned by the same guy out of Houston, a strip-club king, who ran into many Federal legal troubles and unloaded them not too long after buying them.

I loved the BUS STOP! One of my First gigs! I can never forget the Glass Smoking Room 😂😂😂 reminded me of The airport in SLC :)

6 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

As to madame pulling up in  a Cadillac: might have been same woman that used to advertise in "Oyster" under the ad title of "Twin Peaks". She got busted in Boulder many years ago: pulled up in the middle of a substance sting and cops got her while they waited for the real reason they were in the lot to shake out. For those complaining about no/fake pics, no reviews, etc. this woman and her harem, let's just say one was really disappointed when you booked through them, and was a bit of a life-lesson, right-of-passage in the olden days of hobbying.

I remember her " Twin Peaks". Older Lady.. Didn't she have a place in Westminster AnD a glass eye? Also a weird code Word for return Customers .. I still remember it!! LoL  IF its the Same person ????

Edited by Chrissy

2 hours ago, Chrissy said:

I loved the BUS STOP! One of my First gigs! I can never forget the Glass Smoking Room 😂😂😂 reminded me of The airport in SLC :)

Was the glass room in the main room, or, behind the bar? Not to out one lady's age, but, that one moved over the years. Originally in the back where the nude section is now (was also the pool table room when smoking rooms first kicked in for Boulder). Eventually moved to the front, and a year or so later, smoking banned in CO. Eventually got walled off and is now private dance room.

Oh and: duh, it's Bustop. ;)

I remember her " Twin Peaks". Older Lady.. Didn't she have a place in Westminster AnD a glass eye? Also a weird code Word for return Customers .. I still remember it!! LoL  IF its the Same person ????

Luckily, never bit on the ad. Came close a few times, but never went for it. From the stories I've heard, does sound like same woman.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

Haven't been to the Bus Stop in ages. It used to be a rock club called  Art's Ball and Grill. Saw Tommy Bolin play a reunion show with Zephyr there.

14 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Haven't been to the Bus Stop in ages. It used to be a rock club called  Art's Ball and Grill. Saw Tommy Bolin play a reunion show with Zephyr there.

Wow...I have not heard anyone refer to Tommy Bolin.  Was an incredible guitarist who died way too young.  I wish I would have had the opportunity to see him play live.

8 hours ago, average1 said:

Wow...I have not heard anyone refer to Tommy Bolin.  Was an incredible guitarist who died way too young.  I wish I would have had the opportunity to see him play live.

I saw him at a downtown Denver club, called Ebbett's Field. He was so wasted, he had to be helped onto the stage. However, once the guitar was on, he played 90 minutes of amazing work. I've suspected he could have been one of the best guitarists ever. RIP

Don't know anything about the Dollhouse, though! :wub:

14 hours ago, pfunk said:

I saw him at a downtown Denver club, called Ebbett's Field. He was so wasted, he had to be helped onto the stage. However, once the guitar was on, he played 90 minutes of amazing work. I've suspected he could have been one of the best guitarists ever. RIP

Don't know anything about the Dollhouse, though! :wub:

I also think he could have been one of the best rock guitarists.  He had chops and he had some great opportunities.  Really sad that he died so young.  What a talent.