Amber Allure

The difference

45 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AdeleFontaine said:

Why is there such confusion around the word curvy, people? It’s making my head spin. I think I need to breathe into a paper bag and reevaluate my life. 

There really is no specific definition. It gets used by all kinds of ladies, including fine girls like you, bigger ladies, and BBWs. It's why many guys want accurate, recent pics. :D

Curvey vs BBW.?  Uhmm what about Full Figured, Rubenesque, Thick, and PAWG, not to mention  the cruder terms.  Fluffy works too.  Sorry but none of it matters because the answers are as infinite as the beholders  Attitude will always trump every other factor.  Great attitude and it is all beautiful to me....

On 6/18/2018 at 9:28 AM, Bora Bora said:

I agree,  this is a risky topic... but hey, this is a risky hobby!! :D I think the difference is very difficult to establish because there are two minds and two set of preference involved: the lady that sees herself in the mirror and the gentleman that appreciates her. 

Here is my opinion with two examples. (These are just examples, the range on each category is very difficult to define, so I hope nobody gets offended! ) 

Curvy Ladies

054_4539_XBS_0001_front.jpg

ashley_stewart_womens_plus_size_lingerie

BBW Ladies

tes_620x350.jpg

Sorry but all the ladies you have pictures of here are BBW to me.

I agree with Leigeois. A little extra on the top and bottom, but otherwise looks like your average girl is curvy. Kardashian, for example is curvy to me.

The problem with this kind of question is that women think all men do not like or prefer BBW. This is false thinking. There are lots of dudes out there who are very interested in a plus sized lady, and I’m not just referring to her personality. It’s called biology. It happens.

4 hours ago, AdeleFontaine said:

Or that Ashley Graham chick, first time I’ve ever seen or heard of her, but I could definitely fall in lesbians with her.

huh??????? what rock have you been hiding under???? she was a skinny model at one time. then embraced her natural beauty after moving on from being thinner. and she's been the lady knocking down the doors with in the model community since. she's pushing their buttons by trying to change their perspective and acceptance of what models can look like. she was one of three models that was chosen as the sports illustrated cover in 2016. they had three that year. she also has her own swim suit line. it's fair to say I may know much about her. as I am freakin obsessed about her. God she is perfection to me!!!!!!

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, Amber720 said:

I have a question for the men who like full figured woman. 

Whats the difference between CURVY and BBW? Opinions will vary obviously. I'm just curious. 

amber you'll get many different perspectives and interpretations of a curvy and a bbwoman. I'm one of those guy who is so physically attractive to both of these body types! to me this is arm candy!!!

I was saddened a few years back. as I was dating a really curvy lady. she had a Christina Hendricks shape. well we met up with a friend of mine, lady, for coffee. I heard later through other friends she asked why was I seeing a fat girl? I was thinking like WTF? one in no way was she fat, especially to me! and secondly how stoopid it was for her to call her fat!

It’s all very subjective.  I guarantee my Idea of a top end curvy girl is a BBW to most. Either way I love them both... a lot! 

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

And when the ratio is 1.20 ?...?

Technically.... curvy. It’s similar to when folks want to argue with me about whether or not I’m in shape.

Round is a shape.

Damn! I need to get rid of all my clothes spring cleaning starting early this year.Skinny jeans are comfy! 

I have had total body change.

You may call me Kali💋 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

5 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Damn! I need to get rid of all my clothes spring cleaning starting early this year.Skinny jeans are comfy! 

I have had total body change.

You may call me Kali💋 

You have a beautiful mind, and soul, and your body is fine, fine, fine, no matter what size you are!

Back to the original topic...I loves me some curvy and BBW girls. 'Course, I've never met a woman I didn't like! LOL!

Curvy is, as others stated, the same ratios as a well-built  smaller girl but with larger dimensions. BBW is beyond that, perhaps with a lot of extra padding everywhere. 

Not sure why this got bumped,  but thanks for reminding me of that incredibly picture of Serena!

4 hours ago, pfunk said:

You have a beautiful mind, and soul, and your body is fine, fine, fine, no matter what size you are!

Back to the original topic...I loves me some curvy and BBW girls. 'Course, I've never met a woman I didn't like! LOL!

Thick makes a beautiful woman  So Just living in the USA where life is a banquet. We all are BBW/M. 
 Right before my surgery (that was plastic surgery). I got a review that I was told I was “curvy.” Does it take a man/Society/magazine industry to label a woman?  No I believe women should be happy doing their own label and going without one is fine too. By the way it took plastic surgery to correct my back issue. 

this is a great topic Amber! I will call you “Amber my friend”Because you are beautiful being you! 

Medical  Science is now saying it’s better to be a little bit on the big side then it is to be on the on the skinny side later in life. Funny how medical science changes it’s tune?!  Life is crazy enough! 

To me the distinction is in the eye of the beholder.  curvy and bbw can both be very sexy depending on how the beholder perceives them.