Vassago

Dolores O'Riordan

8 posts in this topic

I know a lot of you may not give a shit. 

I appreciate the mods allowing a lot of my posts here. I know they have little place under the generalized subject matter. Thank you for letting some of my inane ramblings fly free. 

Dolores O'Riordan was a hero to me. She understood feminism in a way that was not political, in a way that was truly Woman.

Anyways, I found a video of another Woman who is a hero of mine in tribute to O'Riordan's passing. I love the possibility of disparate cultures that can stop dreaming about murdering each other and start thinking about our evolution. It's what makes us human. 

13 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

you need your own blog.

PLEASE blog. 

If not for Dolores O'Riordan's determination and unbridled passion to bring to light the horror her fellow Irish faced from 1916 until the 1990's, Northern Ireland may still be the combat zone it once was for almost 70 years under oppressive English military masters.

Many Irish sing about their dead. It’s what it it is to be Gaeilge. To be clear though, I’m mostly referring to her personal life struggles. She was tragically abused by one of the most trusted figures in a person’s life. She survived that. She lived beyond that horror for a time. She reminds me of my mom. That is why she is a hero to me. 

In my youth I wore a Mohawk. I shouted Irish by birth, free by force! without actually knowing what that means.

An incredibly foolish thing to say. I wish I could go back in time and snatch those words from my lungs. And it was the Romans before the Bretons. It was Celts before them. Always war though. I believe in peace. I believe in science. I believe in my Lord. Please understand that.

5 hours ago, Rick_A said:

If not for Dolores O'Riordan's determination and unbridled passion to bring to light the horror her fellow Irish faced from 1916 until the 1990's, Northern Ireland may still be the combat zone it once was for almost 70 years under oppressive English military masters.

That's really reaching.

I too, had a true  passion for this songstress. She had a unique way of throwing her voice out there all up and down the musical scale. And much of her stuff was  based on the lives of those who we're raised in the volatile land called Northern Ireland.I was truly saddened by the loss if this woman. And she and her band had long been on my bucket list. As is my ancestral Northern Ireland itself. Having both sides of my family emigrating from there. Peace to you Ms. O'Riordan.🍀☘️