McKenziegold

Why only CO provider listing allowed ?

18 posts in this topic

hello all 

I’m in Minneapolis . This is my first posting in the TOB 

i wonder of there is a way to post ad or listing in Tob now ? After the government shutdown all the website in the states the listing is not working anmore. 

I’m still new to this site .

thanks 

Hello! I can't answer to your question but welcome to the Board! :D

I think they are only accepting Colorado listings ☹️

Hey. All I"m still new and finger things out 

I'm Chinese located in MN. 

The TOB use to allowed provider listing themselves in every states now only CO provider can be listing. Is that correct?

Hopefully I state this correctly...anybody can place a listing, however the listing can only be for Colorado and Colorado appointments.

Just a guess/speculation, but ...

i suspect that by restricting ads to CO the owners avoid interstate commerce, and therefore have less federal oversight. 

28 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

i suspect that by restricting ads to CO the owners avoid interstate commerce, and therefore have less federal oversight. 

That means it's a Colorado based business? Given the current state of things in the US they should migrate to Switzerland or Greenland :)

My guess is that Colorado was and is the only state that TOB charged for listings and therefore with the current legal liability, it only makes sense to not take the risk for the states that were not creating $$ for the listings.  That's just my guess.

6 hours ago, Bora Bora said:

That means it's a Colorado based business? Given the current state of things in the US they should migrate to Switzerland or Greenland :)

Being a CO based business means that HQ is here.  It does not mean that their servers, etc. are located w/in CONUS.  They may be off-shore.

5 hours ago, Danielle Rae said:

My guess is that Colorado was and is the only state that TOB charged for listings and therefore with the current legal liability, it only makes sense to not take the risk for the states that were not creating $$ for the listings.  That's just my guess.

This also make sense. 

McKenziegold welcome welcome and Come on in the water is fine!!.

Being rather newer here, arriving on TOB a few days before the big changes I don't have any answers. But have thought much on the situation.  IMHO The Mods are doing everything they can to save TOB, and I do thank them for that.  It seems that the goal is to "reshape" TOB into a dating site for adventurous consenting adults.  I think BitBanger might have part of it with the Interstate issue but I think the larger issue may be keeping the new status quo under control.  I don't have a clue how many mods there are but have only seen 3 myself.  Even jut CO is a lot for only 3 mods.  This is all conjecture on my part and the truth is that without the mods coming out and explicitly stating their reasons and objectives we will all be guessing.  I don't see the mods doing that and don't blame them.  It wouldn't fit in with the efforts to this point.  

As a travelling man I wish TOB was more national but will remain appreciative that it remains vibrant in Colorado.  Just my 2 cents worth......

55 minutes ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

McKenziegold welcome welcome and Come on in the water is fine!!.

Being rather newer here, arriving on TOB a few days before the big changes I don't have any answers. But have thought much on the situation.  IMHO The Mods are doing everything they can to save TOB, and I do thank them for that.  It seems that the goal is to "reshape" TOB into a dating site for adventurous consenting adults.  I think BitBanger might have part of it with the Interstate issue but I think the larger issue may be keeping the new status quo under control.  I don't have a clue how many mods there are but have only seen 3 myself.  Even jut CO is a lot for only 3 mods.  This is all conjecture on my part and the truth is that without the mods coming out and explicitly stating their reasons and objectives we will all be guessing.  I don't see the mods doing that and don't blame them.  It wouldn't fit in with the efforts to this point.  

As a travelling man I wish TOB was more national but will remain appreciative that it remains vibrant in Colorado.  Just my 2 cents worth......

I have observed there are many well traveled ladies and gents on TOB who are willing to help with connections where they have them. If you are going to repeat in a particular area, it's good to cruise the less specific sites like twitter and switter to see what the ladies are posting about their board. Ultimately, the best info is on their personal pages but you'll work out the best sources for you.

Good luck.

Actually there are a large number of out of state providers that have TOB profiles.  They may not be able to list but the profiles can provide a springboard for contact.  There are other boards and have used a few but IMHO TOB spoils us with the plethora of information that is still available.  I think there is a sense of, maybe security, on the part of both parties when meeting if both parties have reviews and references from known sources.   

12 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

The most likely reason is above.

Just so y’all know, if TOB servers are in another country, I believe that it still can be a problem if the owner lives in the U.S. For the most part, the board is legal as long as people mind the rules of the land. No rates listed, no activities, blah blah blah. (Yay sensorship)!

Lets keep in mind that while other boards closed up shop, the Whisperer kept TOB up. That takes dedication and balls. I don’t even want to think about the gray hair this has caused the folks here. 

So, play nice, and I’m sure things will settle eventually! Schtoopid politicians I think are going to realize that just because they shut down online sites, that people are gonna do what they do....it’s natural. They’re also going to realize that their job has become much harder now as the low hanging fruit is not readily available. The ugly people in the dark corners are not saying, well gee back page etc is gone, guess I’ll go legit. No, they’re going to find darker corners. 

Ladies, go get an education! Best thing I ever did! Nobody can take that away from you! There’s all kinds of student loans, grants, scholarships etc to help. Think you’re not smart enough? Bullshit! I didn’t think so either, then I graduated Cum Laude and was inducted into two honors societies! This is girl power! It gives you options in life. I’m 43 years old, if I can do it, you can do it! 

On 6/4/2018 at 0:19 PM, Melissa Sterling said:

Just so y’all know, if TOB servers are in another country, I believe that it still can be a problem if the owner lives in the U.S. For the most part, the board is legal as long as people mind the rules of the land. No rates listed, no activities, blah blah blah. (Yay sensorship)!

Lets keep in mind that while other boards closed up shop, the Whisperer kept TOB up. That takes dedication and balls. I don’t even want to think about the gray hair this has caused the folks here. 

So, play nice, and I’m sure things will settle eventually! Schtoopid politicians I think are going to realize that just because they shut down online sites, that people are gonna do what they do....it’s natural. They’re also going to realize that their job has become much harder now as the low hanging fruit is not readily available. The ugly people in the dark corners are not saying, well gee back page etc is gone, guess I’ll go legit. No, they’re going to find darker corners. 

Ladies, go get an education! Best thing I ever did! Nobody can take that away from you! There’s all kinds of student loans, grants, scholarships etc to help. Think you’re not smart enough? Bullshit! I didn’t think so either, then I graduated Cum Laude and was inducted into two honors societies! This is girl power! It gives you options in life. I’m 43 years old, if I can do it, you can do it! 

Melissa, you are an inspiration to us all!