airamericavet65

A place to relax

20 posts in this topic

To paraphrase with a beverage in my hand.

I'm sitting on the deck of my house watching the clouds roll away.

Where's your favorite place to think about life and all the joys it contains?

My favorite place would be a lake. I try to go once in a while. It doesn't have to be huge lake, but just walking for a bit in the shore makes my mind relax and enjoy the good things of life.

Same lines: on the deck, whiskey in hand (love single malt Scotch, but have been into micro-distillery American whiskeys last couple of years), a cigar.

Or substitute the deck with a quiet campsite and clear skies at night.

Or on a hiking trail, seeing the natural beauty out in the world.

Basically, at my age, happy that the feet hit the floor in the morning, and trying to enjoy every moment.

27 minutes ago, airamericavet65 said:

To paraphrase with a beverage in my hand.

I'm sitting on the deck of my house watching the clouds roll away.

Where's your favorite place to think about life and all the joys it contains?

The only that would make this better is if you were sitting in a hottub.  And even better if a lady was there with you.

On top of my horse 🐎 

Lake Granby, was you pull around Sunset boat ramp, and you can see Rocky Mtn Ntnl Park peaks, and the back side to Indian Peaks Wilderness at the same time. You drop your tube jig and Boom #20+ Laker. It slows down, you fish Dike 3 with some swim baits, the waters so clear you see #20's chasing it, and Boom, multiple #20's. It slows down, back to A-Bay mud flats, you drop down a monster 3oz lead weight and humungous tube jig, let out a couple of hundred feet of line, and drag it real slow to kick up some mud...damn snag, back the boat up, snag gives you a head shake, STOP the BOAT! Boom personal best, 43", #45 LUNK! Nothing else matters. Mercy!

So Fish, I take it that the mac’s are hitting at Granby?

14 minutes ago, petey-9950 said:

So Fish, I take it that the mac’s are hitting at Granby?

Right now the fish are hitting everywhere in the shallows for some reason. You can shore fish right now with decent results too. Free fishing weekend for those that don't have a license. 

And I am stuck in Atlanta.  Have fun for me 

Upper and Lower Sand Lakes, Lost Lake, Lake of the Clouds. Or when feeling old and lazy Twin Lakes and Forebay.

Riding my bike on the back roads of this great country. Taking in the beautiful sights, enjoying the serenity.

Standing in a river, any river really, but preferably one of those mid-sized, crystal clear rivers in the mountains of Colorado, preferably with a fly rod in my hand, but really just standing in a river (the fly rod, flies, etc., are really just excuses to stand in a river).  Fish are nice, but optional.  Caught a dozen or so 2# + rainbows and browns last weekend, and it was nice, but the best part was just rowing in a river.

I love mountain rivers - my instructions to my family are to scatter my ashes in the headwaters of the Colorado River up in RMNP.

Any place in the back country of this beautiful land is awe inspiring love the rivers and the Canyons mountains in the oceans guess there isn't much about this country that I don't love

Seems like there are quite a few people here that go to the water for peace and recreation.  I have to concur.  My favorite from years back when Powell actually had water in it. Stay up lake, put in at Bullfrog.  Sitting on the Sunbridge in a backwater canyon.  You have the whole canyon to yourselves. A little fishing, maybe some catching.  Steaks and Brauts on the grill. Campfire telling stories, jokes and some tall tales.  Spending the day with an adult beverage in hand.  The very best thing about this?  NO CELL SERVICE!!!!  Gawd I miss that........

Inside. I find peace when particular puzzles are solved. My mind is my own sanctuary.

The Voces Magikai at :49

Vae Victis isn't a fucking video game. It's what Brennus said when he dropped a heavy sword against the scales of Roman gold.

Edited by Vassago
this is what happens when Gauls type Latin

Lets be honest now. We all do our best thinking on the commode.:cool: Kay sera sera my ass. B)

My happiness is no longer dependent on people, places or things. However, it took a long time and a lot of work to get that realization from my head to my heart. Don't misunderstand; it's a lot easier with certain people and places than with others. However, that doesn't negate the fact that no matter where I go, there I am. 

The back of a dive boat with crystal clear water under me.

54 minutes ago, Happymon said:

My happiness is no longer dependent on people, places or things. However, it took a long time and a lot of work to get that realization from my head to my heart. Don't misunderstand; it's a lot easier with certain people and places than with others. However, that doesn't negate the fact that no matter where I go, there I am. 

YES a million likes and loves!!