Mustang87

Marie Antoinette

28 posts in this topic

When Marie Antoinette was told the French peasants didn't have enough meat and bread to eat, she famously replied "let them eat cake."  She was so out of touch that she didn't realize that people who didn't have any bread to eat, certainly didn't have cake, and the people who did have cake, were not worried about having enough meat to eat.  I'm reminded of this each time I read a thread and someone answers a questions by telling the person asking the question to go to P411.  I don't have a p411 account, but I know you have to pay for one and I believe those who have an account know that they can use p411 to get and share information like references, what ladies might be available, their rates and services, etc.  Those who don't have a p411 account and not able to get one.  Believe me, the fact that p411 is not open to new members is a sore subject with many on here.  Telling members of p411 to use their accounts does not seem necessary to me, and telling those who don't have accounts, that they should get one, only brings up that sore subject.  After all, it didn't end well for Marie. :)

Edited by Mustang87

Some of us realized the value of P411 eons ago and are now finding our accounts even more valuable. I can’t help it if you’re late to the party and all the cake is gone.  Be thankful TOB is still available.

If you want to whine about having your favorite toys being taken away, complain to the Nannies in DC.

33 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Some of us realized the value of P411 eons ago and are now finding our accounts even more valuable. I can’t help it if you’re late to the party and all the cake is gone.  Be thankful TOB is still available.

If you want to whine about having your favorite toys being taken away, complain to the Nannies in DC.

It wasn't my intent to whine about the political environment we find ourselves in, there is not much we can do about that. And my toys were pretty much right where I left them thank you. :)  I also understand how valuable a p411 account is right now, and I am very grateful for TOB.  My point is that a lot of us wish we could get a p411 account, but we can't.  I'm saying that for those who had the foresight to get a p411 account to rub that fact (unintentionally) in the face of those who didn't have the same foresight by saying "go to p411" each time some non-member has a question, might come off as a little insensitive.  I'm not saying people are intentionally doing that, I'm just pointing out that many of us wish we had the ability to "go to p411," but are asking these questions to the community instead. 

Edited by Mustang87

It's pretty pointless to tell people to get what they cannot. It's also pointless (though the effect may take longer to feel) to tell newbies, providers or clients, they're out of luck. Do we really want there to be no new blood? Take a look on the board and count the guys born before 1970. That number's going to go down, ladies. And Gents, if we don't have more guys playing in the hobby, there will be no incentive for ladies to practice their craft.

I might be wrong, but I thought the point of this board (unlike some the trolls mention) was to help everyone who finds their way here to learn how to find their way around without causing unnecessary drama.

Edited by eatu55
Fixed typos

Maybe I have this backwards, but I think gentlemen (to use the term loosely) can still get P411 accounts, and it is only closed to new providers.  Could be wrong, but I think that was what I read in the e-mail from P411.

Then I suppose those of us who have P411 should just STFU on the “What should I do?” threads. We have no way of knowing if the OP already has an account, and if he doesn’t he’s so far up the creek that it’s starting to get dark.  Those of you who have been around for 7yrs should have it figured out anyway. For the BP migrants, it’s back to looking for numbers on bathroom walls. 😱

5 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Then I suppose those of us who have P411 should just STFU on the “What should I do?” threads. We have no way of knowing if the OP already has an account, and if he doesn’t he’s so far up the creek that it’s starting to get dark.  Those of you who have been around for 7yrs should have it figured out anyway. For the BP migrants, it’s back to looking for numbers on bathroom walls. 😱

Of course not, just the opposite. I would hope you would offer helpful advice.  I'm just saying, if your only advice is "got to p411", it might be best to keep that little nugget to yourself.  We all want this community to survive and thrive, but if we make it hostile to new people, I'm afraid it might go in the other direction.

As of April 19, P411 is no longer accepting any new client or provider applications.

No new notices from P411 since then.

12 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Maybe I have this backwards, but I think gentlemen (to use the term loosely) can still get P411 accounts, and it is only closed to new providers.  Could be wrong, but I think that was what I read in the e-mail from P411.

I was in communication with p411 a few weeks back about getting an account set up, then all of a sudden they stopped communicating.  The links to join have been taken off the site. If someone has other information about that, I would appreciate a PM.

32 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Someone shared this with me:

Per my P411 inbnox:

As of April 19, P411 is no longer accepting any new client or provider applications.

No new notices from P411 since then.

P411 is currently invaluable but it's doomed if the policy continues for very long. People will leave from death/retirement and the pool will shrink along with the money to run the business.

Here's hoping that does NOT happen.

For what it is worth, perhaps a little perspective.  First full disclosure, yes I am a p411 member, never did use exclusively, still don't, damn glad to be member.  I have zero inside information and in no way speak for p411 - she is quite capable of speaking for herself lol.

All that said, the no new members provider or client model is NOT sustainable.  Existing members leave regularly.  Without new ones the site would shrivel.  So one of two things will happen.  The site slowly decays and goes away, in which case no one is a member any more. OR after some amount of time for law changes, site changes, legal advice, whatever, p411 will again start accepting new members,perhaps very selectively.  I strongly suspect the latter, but as I said I have ZERO inside info.  My point is that the current situation is temporary and there is no reason to be all haves vs. have nots.  Lets just help each other out best we can and rock on.

3 minutes ago, fork said:

P411 is currently invaluable but it's doomed if the policy continues for very long. People will leave from death/retirement and the pool will shrink along with the money to run the business.

damn, Fork you beat me by two minutes.  Guess I shouldn't be so wordy hehe.

Thank you mustang for your input! I am very thankful for the board. Hope to continue establishing a select bunch of favorite ladies on here, so I will have some one to contact if it fails here. 

5 hours ago, gr8owl said:

All that said, the no new members provider or client model is NOT sustainable.

That's what I think as well. The No-new-members policy is not a sound business model and they'll just close. So it's just a matter of patience, they'll have to find a solution. Maybe moving their servers and operations to Iceland or Bolivia or Madagascar. Just a little patience...

55 minutes ago, Bora Bora said:

That's what I think as well. The No-new-members policy is not a sound business model and they'll just close. So it's just a matter of patience, they'll have to find a solution. Maybe moving their servers and operations to Iceland or Bolivia or Madagascar. Just a little patience...

Very true on the sustainability; however, with as many providers and johns currently with active memberships paying or have paid a shitload of money since its inception I’m going to say sustainability might not be their biggest concern at the moment. 

I’d almost wager there was a sudden uptick in new members (before the doors shut), as well as renewed memberships from existing users out of fear of being locked out. There’s no way that site is hurting. 

18 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

When Marie Antoinette was told the French peasants didn't have enough meat and bread to eat, she famously replied "let them eat cake."  She was so out of touch that she didn't realize that people who didn't have any bread to eat, certainly didn't have cake, and the people who did have cake, were not worried about having enough meat to eat.  I'm reminded of this each time I read a thread and someone answers a questions by telling the person asking the question to go to P411.  I don't have a p411 account, but I know you have to pay for one and I believe those who have an account know that they can use p411 to get and share information like references, what ladies might be available, their rates and services, etc.  Those who don't have a p411 account and not able to get one.  Believe me, the fact that p411 is not open to new members is a sore subject with many on here.  Telling members of p411 to use their accounts does not seem necessary to me, and telling those who don't have accounts, that they should get one, only brings up that sore subject.  After all, it didn't end well for Marie. :)

I hate to be the party pooper here, but Marie Antoinette never said the famous "let them eat cake" line. In fact, in recent years, historians have attributed the quote to a Spanish princess who lived 100 years before Marie's time. Also, the seeds of the revolution were planted long before Marie's time as queen and can even be traced back to the Sun King himself and his extravagant and flagrant spending of money to turn his father's old hunting lodge into the Versailles we know today. I only know this because my major was French history. Just a history nerd, sticking her opinion in where it doesn't belong! Carry on! 

18 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Never bothered to get a P411 account myself.  Haven't seen any differences in my life ,before and after the new laws .

31 minutes ago, CallieVane said:

I hate to be the party pooper here, but Marie Antoinette never said the famous "let them eat cake" line. In fact, in recent years, historians have attributed the quote to a Spanish princess who lived 100 years before Marie's time. Also, the seeds of the revolution were planted long before Marie's time as queen and can even be traced back to the Sun King himself and his extravagant and flagrant spending of money to turn his father's old hunting lodge into the Versailles we know today. I only know this because my major was French history. Just a history nerd, sticking her opinion in where it doesn't belong! Carry on! 

Apocrypha is more fun.

Thanks for the lesson anyway B)

I am one those  Schmucks that never got a P411 account because I hobbied infrequently.  I regret that decision.  I have also been out of the hobby for a little while.

11 hours ago, CallieVane said:

No kidding that it doesn't belong, who wants accurate facts and correct information on this Board?  Let's just stick to the inflammatory opinions, trolling and inaccurate statements, shall we?

:rolleyes:

Since P411 went private I rarely get request from there.  The men that have sent me messages have been disrespectful and time wasters.  Very sad that the tool is not working well.  

6 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

Since P411 went private I rarely get request from there.  The men that have sent me messages have been disrespectful and time wasters.  Very sad that the tool is not working well.  

Sorry to hear that :( I thought P411 was usually better than just random people coming from everywhere. 

I also used to get great calls from P411. I had one request over the weekend. That’s been the only 1 in a long time. Hopefully in time things will lighten up for our world! This F/S  situation can’t keep us down forever?! 💗

On 5/29/2018 at 5:07 PM, fork said:

Fork is right - you can see the attrition rate cutting into the number of providers almost daily.... the current policy won't be sustainable for long.

Just a thought.....Did anyone stop to think that Gina closed P411 to new members as a way to protect the current members? LE couldn’t get on there now or at least it’s harder. Personally, I think it’s brilliant of her to have done it! But I am one of the First Ladies to have joined and have seen many things over the years. 

Guys who do have an account, DO NOT share info! Please! That will get it shut down for sure!  Perhaps when things settle down, she will allow new members again. Business slowed down regardless of being on P411 or not. Girls will certainly move on to other means of making money, but it’s got nothing to do with P411, it’s the lack of QUALITY clients. 

I agree Melissa.

I thought it made sense to take a time out and reassess her business  plan in light of the new laws.