19moose75

Coming up on a long weekend!

39 posts in this topic

When my son was in boy scouts, we always went to Fort Logan and put flags in all the graves for.memorial day.

Many of my friends and family are buried there.

Edited by ilovewomen

2 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

When my son was in boy scouts, we always went to Fort Logan and put flags in all the graves for.memorial day.

Many of my friends and family are buried there.

Sending you warm thoughts! Most of us I believe have vets on our family trees. Memorial Day is a wonderful and also emotional. Reiki💗

20 minutes ago, Sexy Francesca said:

Enjoy sleeping in!!! Finally the school year is done and I have a mini me who is ready to get amp'ed up on mountain dew and hit the waterpark!! Opening weekend in case you didnt know!

Shes ready to paddleboard but Im thinking BRRR still way to chilly lmao!

Tomorrow might be fun, but crowded. If I tried to paddle board, well, no, not a good idea. I do know how to swim tho. My parents made me ride the bus every weekend to the ol YWCA when I was a lad. Yeah was the women's club, but they taught me how to swim, so that part I'm not afraid of. I can't waterski either. The only time I tried they forgot to tell me to let go of the rope if I fell. Lesson learned the hard way, never tried again. Have a GREAT time and weekend!

Edited by fishndude57
Punctuation

6 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

Absolutely nothing.

This....😂😂😂 

Anybody looking for a +1 for a bbq? 😁😁😁

23 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

... The only time I tried they forgot to tell me to let go of the rope if I fell. ...

I had the same experience at about 6 years old. The next time out I made sure I didn’t fall😏

Edited by Bit Banger

Raine -- Words cannot express my sorrow for the loss of your Mother.  The pain of loosing a parent never goes away, you just get use to not having them around.  I think of mine every day.  I just sent you a virtual hug.  Be strong.

BR

21 hours ago, Bob Richards said:

Most important, spending a solemn moment or two remembering the purpose of the Holiday.....remembering those who paid the ultimate price.  Sad to say I have family members and fellow Marines to remember, as does my friend Bit Banger.

Semper fi

BR

Well said BR.

May I use a quote from and old Marine " I am not a hero but I had the honor of walking beside a few,"

I will spend the day remembering friends and comrades whom are no longer with us.

Semper fi

I already started the weekend today by taking a very long hike with the dogs in the foothills.  then had to give them a bath as they played in the mud and the stream.  Having bbq with friends tomorrow as we are going camping and fishing in a private spot with great scenery and a hell of a fishin hole. I suppose they will need another bath.  on Monday will go to memorial day services.  I was in the service and had a few friends who died in line of duty.  Need to pay my respects to all before and after me.