19moose75

Coming up on a long weekend!

39 posts in this topic

I blew off work today to spend some time getting my house together. You see, my middle kid is graduating, and I'm one proud PaPa! (A couple of years ago I would've Never thought she'd make it :))!

Mowed the lawn

Dusted off the old BBQ

Powerwashed the porch and patio furniture

Set up the cornhole game on the back nine

Looks like we're going to have about 40-50 people over to help her celebrate!

Big goings on at the Old Moose casa this weekend!

How about you guys? How do you plan on spending this glorious weekend?

Going on a four-day fishing trip in Wyoming with my son.  See you all next Tuesday, have a great weekend!

I am Officially On A 6 month Sabbatical from My career so This weekend I am doing it Big for my Military and Close Family to Kick things off! Timing couldn't be better for me :) Finally! Loll lets just hope the rain stays away :)

Summer picnics Rockies baseball and Backcountry hiking just plain having fun

Wishin everyone a SAFE, and enjoyable long weekend. I might get a wild hair and be waiting at the gates of Aurora Res far before it opens with boat. That place will be a zoo, but as it's electric motor only, I have had that lake all to myself, and I mean the only boat on lake on holidays. Now Crack or Chatty forget about it. 

Denver Day of Rock and Blues and BBQ in Avon and on the third day.....rest.

Sounds like some folks have some fantastic weekend plans.  I'll be with friends all day Saturday for some good food, playing some good music and having great conversations.  It should all be positive.  Sunday will be the "responsible and rest day" and Monday I plan on grilling some brats, Wisconsin style for some other friends.  Nothing big, but all of it connecting with some of the people who are important to me.  Also, honoring those in my family who served, all dead except for 2.

I have so much goodness to planned and will stay outside as much as possible. 

Everyone please be safe and have a great weekend.

3 hours ago, 19moose75 said:

I blew off work today to spend some time getting my house together. You see, my middle kid is graduating, and I'm one proud PaPa! (A couple of years ago I would've Never thought she'd make it :))!

Mowed the lawn

Dusted off the old BBQ

I'm sure cornhole on the back nine is going to cost extra. :D

since i partied last weekend in Vegas...it's all work and no play for me.  Have to weed the garden plot...then work on my evil mistress hot rod car...install the new carpet, put  interior back in and then remove the canvas top so I can have convertible top frame media blasted to remove rust.   plus change out the brakes and rotors on my everyday truck.   

so...a bit of work coming up...but the weather seems to be looking good...no rain till late monday!    Will grill steaks on saturday to enjoy with a good glass of single malt scotch!   

Y'all have fun on your weekend plans and be safe...

Congrats to your middle one Moose! I hope she is as excited for herself as you sound ☺️

I’ll be soaking up the sun at the pool with friends. All in between seeing all the Denver loves while. I’m in town til 6/10. I love when long weekends get extended! I hope everyone enjoys theirs! ⛱

XxKae Marie 

With Laci! I am going on as many walks as possible! Sun screen and water my flowers! Ice coffee and Kombucha! 

I’m going to the beach!!!!! Sand castles are in my future! Gonna go with my cousin and drink wine and listen to some live music, dance and smile!!! 

Duty calls for me. I am going to a birthday party, a graduation, and a wedding in one day total. Should be crazy, but fun. Lost of BBQ food. Then, I want to finish the weekend off with a "bang". LOL!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

5 hours ago, 19moose75 said:

Mowed the lawn

Dusted off the old BBQ

Congratulations!!! 

Rockies games, golf, and BBQ with my peeps!!!  And living in the Bermuda shorts and t-shirts!!!  No work till Tuesday!!!!!  3 Cheers!

Most important, spending a solemn moment or two remembering the purpose of the Holiday.....remembering those who paid the ultimate price.  Sad to say I have family members and fellow Marines to remember, as does my friend Bit Banger.

Semper fi

BR

13 hours ago, 19moose75 said:

Mowed the lawn

Dusted off the old BBQ

Where’s the party again?😎 I’ll bring the beer 🍺,

And let me take a Moment to express me deep appreciation for all the brave war fighters who paid the ultimate price to protect  all the freedoms we all enjoy today! Without these brave soldiers, sailors, pilots and all who gave their lives, this might be a different country! 

21 minutes ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

And let me take a Moment to express me deep appreciation for all the brave war fighters who paid the ultimate price to protect  all the freedoms we all enjoy today! Without these brave soldiers, sailors, pilots and all who ga e their lives, this might be a different country! 

Thinking Monday would be spent going to Mount Olivet and Ft Logan to place flowers on the graves of the servcemen (and women ) I had the pleasure of knowing.

8 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

I’m going to the beach!!!!! Sand castles are in my future! Gonna go with my cousin and drink wine and listen to some live music, dance and smile!!! 

Didn't I see on the news where your beach started sinking into the ocean on Tuesday ?

45 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Didn't I see on the news where your beach started sinking into the ocean on Tuesday ?

🤣 Fuck yeah you did! Tried to call some folks there in Colorado Tuesday night, but the bed kept shaking. Keep your eyes on the news, the 5th-10th, it’s quite possible everything East of the Mississippi...poof gone🤣! #TIME OF MY LIFE 

14 hours ago, 19moose75 said:

Mowed the lawn

Dusted off the old BBQ

Sounds like I could use you!!! I'm moving... lots of yard work. blah....

And since several of you mentioned BBQ, do you have any ideas of a good smoker/grill? I'd like a new one.

Edited by Audrey Astor

16 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

And since several of you mentioned BBQ, do you have any ideas of a good smoker/grill? I'd like a new one.

https://biggreenegg.com

I have some business in the mountains to attend to, but I’ll be back in town for Memorial Day services Monday.

9 hours ago, Bob Richards said:

Most important, spending a solemn moment or two remembering the purpose of the Holiday.....remembering those who paid the ultimate price.  Sad to say I have family members and fellow Marines to remember, as does my friend Bit Banger.

Semper fi

BR

Right there with you, BR.  I recently met another Leatherneck with shared experiences.

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

I've got one of the Green Mountain Grill's pellet smokers.  Even has wifi, which is better than I thought.  From anywhere I can see the temp of the hotbox, temp of the food, etc.  The GMG ones are better than Traeger because they can get up to 550 degrees so that you can grill, not just smoke.  I do burgers, steaks, etc.

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

I sent you a link to your text. It's the one I had and it works really good. I think they can assemble it for you too. 

3 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Thinking Monday would be spent going to Mount Olivet and Ft Logan to place flowers on the graves of the servcemen (and women ) I had the pleasure of knowing.

I need to go to Fort Logan, my mom is there.  This is my first memorial day without her.  

6 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

I need to go to Fort Logan, my mom is there.  This is my first memorial day without her.  

My mommy and daddy, are there too, I never quit calling them that. Still do. Peace Raine, have a good weekend please. 

2 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

My mommy and daddy, are there too, I never quit calling them that. Still do. Peace Raine, have a good weekend please. 

I tried to visit loved ones as often as possible remember them everyday most of the members of my team have gone I think of them and pray for them everyday. Everyday I thank God for the brave Heroes that stand watch for me while I sleep I will be forever grateful

God Bless all of our service men, women and k-9’s. Thank all of you here that have served. My heroes!