decafnaetd

Effects of recent legislation

26 posts in this topic

Hi TOB land!

In my heart I am very much an armchair economist. So I was curious about the effects of all the recent changes. Now that we've had a few weeks for things to settle, how has it changed your experience? 

Guys, how have the recent changes impacted your hobby time? Is it easier or harder?

Ladies, are you finding it easy or more difficult to find quality clientele? 

Everyone, how have you modified your habits to find success in the new environment?

Just curious to see what the broader influence of the last several weeks has been.

I was in S.Tx when things went down. I lost my prime sources of information (ECCIE & BP). Hobby stopped!

Now that I’m back in CO, things are much improved as TOB is still around. Even the watered down version is useful.

2 hours ago, decafnaetd said:

Hi TOB land!

In my heart I am very much an armchair economist. So I was curious about the effects of all the recent changes. Now that we've had a few weeks for things to settle, how has it changed your experience? 

Guys, how have the recent changes impacted your hobby time? Is it easier or harder?

Everyone, how have you modified your habits to find success in the new environment?

Just curious to see what the broader influence of the last several weeks has been.

I believe as have been stated by both sides of The Hobby the effects have been quite dramatic both in difficulties finding fun and serious impact on the financial stability of the ladies. As adjustments are made in the how Arrangements need to be handled for all to be safe I am sure things will become stable and a new normal will be found that we'll meet the needs of all concerned.

8 hours ago, airamericavet65 said:

I believe as have been stated by both sides of The Hobby the effects have been quite dramatic both in difficulties finding fun and serious impact on the financial stability of the ladies. As adjustments are made in the how Arrangements need to be handled for all to be safe I am sure things will become stable and a new normal will be found that we'll meet the needs of all concerned.

I ran out of reputation points, but you are so right.

12 hours ago, decafnaetd said:

Hi TOB land!

I to am interested in economics...from a purely amateur perspective.    this is a great series of questions...

from my perspective as a consumer, it's now harder to find information about ladies I might want to visit.   Plenty of postings but less quality to the postings. If a lady sparks my interest from the TOB listing and there is NOT a P411 or functional website link, I would pass.   I know I might be missing out, but the risk-reward calc says no...at least for me.    Unless she has multiple(s) of reviews and perhaps forum postings...I am probably not alone in this thinking...

so the recap is...no p411, no functional website...automatic no.   regardless of how charming and gorgeous she might be...

It seems to me that the # of reviews posted daily has increased.  Does this mean more hobbying or just more new folks using TOB? IDK.

It means it only takes a few seconds for the mods to look over a review before approving or denying

7 hours ago, Winston_Smith said:

so the recap is...no p411 OR no functional website...automatic no.   regardless of how charming and gorgeous she might be...

to clarify what i wrote..missed the "or" in the above...now fixed.

3 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

I don't normally discuss finances, but since you asked, here it is in a nutshell:

- TONS more inquiries (not following protocol), but perhaps they can not figure out our protocol. I get that. Just go to our website guys.

- MOST guys do not want to screen---not even give a name. This tells me that in the past they were just given a location, and showed up. SCARY!

- Lots of that is out of my budget. This is an expensive hobby, (with HUGE expenses on the ladies side) so I'm not sure how to digest this.

- Some counterfeit money has been found, some shorting (by a lot), and some showing up with gift cards.(Some ladies count up front, and some men feel weird, but I guess this needs to be the way of times)

- A shit ton of calls/texts between the hours of 12am-5am. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm sleeping then so I can tend to family, home, work etc. next day. (hmmm just like most guys)

- Some overstaying---not just 15 minutes, but half hours refusing to take the hint of I need to leave to get home to my responsibilities, or compensating for extra time. 

- Lots of, I need to see you now, I'm in the area. No, I can not wait 30 minutes for you to get to your incall and brush your teeth, sorry I'll move on.

- How much time should I reserve for you? Ohhhhh..... a half hour 45 minutes, we'll see how it goes. 

- We get asked about our menu, what the hour includes, do you do XYZ etc., without so much as an introduction.

It's definitely different, and has me appreciating the real gentlemen, and regulars. I probably need to be more assertive, but then will be perceived as a bitch or someone who rushes. :rolleyes: Also I'm keeping a tight reign on my budget, and doing away with happy hours, eating out, etc. Unfortunately when all you do is put out, and not put back in, it creates an in-congruence within. So that being said, I think some of us are exploring other income opportunities, which is not a bad idea at all. ;) Change is hard, but it's part of every facet in life, and you learn to roll with it or get left behind. This hobby will evolve, and maybe it will be greater and better. 

💟💟💟 love this! And you!! 

6 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

I don't normally discuss finances, but since you asked, here it is in a nutshell:....

Thanks Audrey!! Very good summary of what's going on the ladies' side. And I very much agree with you about having a positive attitude facing difficult and changing times.

23 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

I don't normally discuss finances, but since you asked, here it is in a nutshell:

Great response, Audrey.  It sounds like business as usual, with all the bad elements amplified! 😟

Your definitely right about needing balance.  

Edited by Bit Banger

On 5/24/2018 at 9:53 AM, decafnaetd said:

Hi TOB land!

Here's my view as a consumer:

• As soon as SESTA/FOSTA hit and just as the board was tightening content, I started building my list of ladies I might find compatible.
  • I started prescreening and making sure I had sufficient participation here on the board to give ladies some data points too
  • I have always been a research and plan ahead guy. I read ladies' web sites and follow them on Twitter and switter to see what their interests and preferences are
  • After that, it's business as usual. Just trying to be a gentleman that ladies prefer to see so we can mutually benefit (time wise and money wise).

Girls need to decide what they can afford in terms of advertisement and volumes just as guys need to look at their budgets, service preferences and distances.

5 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

- TONS more inquiries (not following protocol), but perhaps they can not figure out our protocol. I get that. Just go to our website guys.

- MOST guys do not want to screen---not even give a name. This tells me that in the past they were just given a location, and showed up. SCARY!

- Lots of that is out of my budget. This is an expensive hobby

I’m not trying to get to divulge really anything too personal here:

1) with the increase in inquiries has the volume of successful dates gone up?

2) even though you’re getting more guys not wanting to screen has the number of guys that previously followed directions decreased while seeing an increase in waste?

3) are your overheads increasing because you now have more flakes?

4.) is the wasted time causing you to miss out on potential clients? 

this hobby has been around since the dawn of time - has survived many o changes along the way - and will continue to do so...

as long as we smartly shift as the hobby shifts everyone will be fine...

all I have noticed in hobby time is more patience and due diligence is required to have a fun date - which is fine - the boards had gotten way too loose and HW 411 was hemorrhaging into RW realms via social media and ridiculous board squabbles that were drawing too much of a public eye into this private world...

just a bummer to read all of the crap that is being projected on to the providers plates as so many doods try to compensate for the new tighter lipped communities and boards, lack of review content, and more meticulous screening - but a lot of kids act that way when they have been given whatever they want for a long while...

all a necessary market correction in my opinion that will ultimately keep everyone safer in the long run...

I have found with all the cl scammers gone and zero tolerance for commercial use that one can meet civilian girls for casual encounters on the cl replacement site, so the economics are good for me. That being said, I feel bad for people who have seen a decline in income and an increase in jerks.

It's now harder to find information about ladies I might want to visit, that's huge.  P411 is still a valuable resource. TOB, I will tend to only contact those ladies that I recall seeing before the change. I have received a lot of PM from guys asking about ladies I have reviewed. I respond as this maybe the only option we have. 

No new P411 members allowed however. Glad I joined when I did. 

To Audrey: Overstaying is rude. I suck at time management yet I still make sure I never over stay. I make it a point not to do so, no matter how well things are going conversation wise. I once burned up my own time chatting ( it was great conversation with a beautiful lady ) and I still left, on time having never gone past chatting. I pay for time is the way I see it. Anyway, I recommend setting an alarm, on time with 5 minute snooze intervals. When it goes off reset to snooze but say, "oh that's our time". If he delays, in 5 minutes it goes off again. You can repeat as often as you want, but at some point just say, "sorry I am out of time, I have a Dr's appointment I can't be late"  That way he doesn't feel like you are rushing him, especially if its you let it snooze? Just an option. One of my ATF ladies does this, I'm not offended at all. Last time she just kept chatting, she turned it off, she wanted to keep chatting, it was cool but she was in control. She extended our stay over an hour, I had to tell her I needed to leave ( I had another appointment ) LOL  

Some jerk requested an outcall last night and he wanted to meet in a public place first. I asked him if he had any references from other ladies he has met with recently. His response was “yes of course I see other ladies,  what time are we meeting?”  I ask him if can send me his references information and how they will remember him.  He responded with “give you my friends numbers so you can make sure I never get laid again? Yea right.  I responded telling him he is not accustomed to how thinks work and to have a good tome.  He then threatened me saying I’m just a prostitute and my job is to get paid to fuck and I’m playing games with him and he finished with I’ll hey hurt playing games with him.

This type of behavior is not normal for this community and unfortunately that’s going to be the new norm.

8 minutes ago, vipblonde said:

Some jerk requested an outcall last night and he wanted to meet in a public place first. I asked him if he had any references from other ladies he has met with recently. His response was “yes of course I see other ladies,  what time are we meeting?”  I ask him if can send me his references information and how they will remember him.  He responded with “give you my friends numbers so you can make sure I never get laid again? Yea right.  I responded telling him he is not accustomed to how thinks work and to have a good tome.  He then threatened me saying I’m just a prostitute and my job is to get paid to fuck and I’m playing games with him and he finished with I’ll hey hurt playing games with him.

This type of behavior is not normal for this community and unfortunately that’s going to be the new norm.

Theres a board member whose been messaging me with dumb statements like this...

Also this today... "I got a foot long to survey you land and how deep it goes lol"

🙄🙄🙄

They both got the ignore button

Sorry you're dealing with this... just know you're not alone!

Edited by MeganMarie4u

Wow... This has been educational and frustrating. I'm awfully sorry for the increase in the dregs of humanity that are crawling out of the woodwork!

A few comments that I'm willing to state based on the OP's questions: For the 1st time in 17yrs on TOB, I'm not using TOB listing board. What I have found is that TOB is now The Other Backpage. Not for me and not what I foresaw happening to TOB when it changed.. P411 I see is still as good as ever, I like that they closed off new membership. Still UTR and waiting for a certain type of alternative. 

Edited by Nina Rox

With the demise of BP, I lost my contact with one of my favorite ASP's. Thank Heavens, she is now on TOB. But since the new legislation also caused the demise of TOB's detailed reviews, finding someone new based on limited reviews and pictures alone is frustrating.

Since I left the Pepsi generation and joined the Geritol set, finding patient and kind ASP's who know just because there's snow on the roof doesn't mean the furnace is out. The engine still gets revved up, but it takes longer to get the car out of park. The train can still make it into the tunnel, but it's a commuter train now, not an express.

I prefer older, more zaftig women to skinny young things (sorry, no offense ladies) and my funds are somewhat limited after the social security check gets spent. The ladies at the home don't float my boat, and the nurses don't give us old guys personal attention.

Any suggestions, guys and gals, as how to navigate these uncharted waters? Thanks in advance.

The Wise Old Owl

I'm old, not dead...yet

On 5/25/2018 at 8:06 AM, Audrey Astor said:

- Lots of that is out of my budget. This is an expensive hobby, (with HUGE expenses on the ladies side) so I'm not sure how to digest this.

- Some counterfeit money has been found, some shorting (by a lot), and some showing up with gift cards.(Some ladies count up front, and some men feel weird, but I guess this needs to be the way of times)

- A shit ton of calls/texts between the hours of 12am-5am. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm sleeping then so I can tend to family, home, work etc. next day. (hmmm just like most guys)

- Some overstaying---not just 15 minutes, but half hours refusing to take the hint of I need to leave to get home to my responsibilities, or compensating for extra time. 

- Lots of, I need to see you now, I'm in the area. No, I can not wait 30 minutes for you to get to your incall and brush your teeth, sorry I'll move on.

- How much time should I reserve for you? Ohhhhh..... a half hour 45 minutes, we'll see how it goes. 

- We get asked about our menu, what the hour includes, do you do XYZ etc., without so much as an introduction.

It's definitely different, and has me appreciating the real gentlemen, and regulars. I probably need to be more assertive, but then will be perceived as a bitch or someone who rushes. :rolleyes: Also I'm keeping a tight reign on my budget, and doing away with happy hours, eating out, etc. Unfortunately when all you do is put out, and not put back in, it creates an in-congruence within. So that being said, I think some of us are exploring other income opportunities, which is not a bad idea at all. ;) Change is hard, but it's part of every facet in life, and you learn to roll with it or get left behind. This hobby will evolve, and maybe it will be greater and better. 

Damn!

One hour at you place. Please provide the major cross roads. My name is Mr. X. Would you like to see me????

Guys it's not Rocket Science! Really.....It's some easy stuff, please make your preferred provider feel like she might know the man that visits her.

Is that so hard?

It has been harder to find the kind of info TER had but I never really relied on that much anyway.  

The main thing that I'm concerned about is no new P411 members, I'm in P411 already but over time what will happen?  I like to see more experienced providers but sometimes I like to help support someone starting out, and I'd sure rather it be through P411 than elsewhere... I've been finding a lot of possibilities on Switter.  Still kind of small but growing.