BallR

Negative Reviews

42 posts in this topic

Good morning ladies and fellow Gents, 

I have a question regarding review protocol when having experienced a pair of No shows by the same provider in the same week? 

In both instances, a time and my location was agreed with a half days notice ahead of time. Also, confirmation by both parties was made within two hours of agreed time.

Once the time had came and gone, I was left in the  dark without the lady texting back when I followed up to ask what happened.

My question is, whether it's appropriate to leave two separate no show reviews?

I keep thinking, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. So hope to get input by the gentleman and ladies on the Board, thanks all!

I think it depends on the Lady. They have lives too, NS's happen, kids are sick, they're taking too many bookings, depending on time of day, I wouldn't drive to anywhere during rush hours. There is one Lady I know is notorious for that. I tried 2x and moved on is all. She has loads of yes reviews, and quite a few of NS reviews. I tried, but didn't bother with a review, again I just move on. So it's a no on the no review from me. I'll get killed for that again by the "But we need to know" crowd on the forum here. 

Life does happen and will occasionally require cancellations even at the last minute the problem that I see here is that there was a "failure to communicate". A honest explanation should be given it is only fair to communicate reasons and hopefully arrange for the future

I wouldn't post two no-show reviews for the same provider in the same week.  In fact, I don't think you can review the same provider more than once in a 6-month period. Also, you can't post a no-show review at all anymore.  I would recommend post a review and for recommend, put no, and for pictures accurate,  put unknown.  That indicated a no show.

Edited by Mustang87

1 hour ago, fishndude57 said:

I think it depends on the Lady. They have lives too, NS's happen, kids are sick, they're taking too many bookings, depending on time of day, I wouldn't drive to anywhere during rush hours. There is one Lady I know is notorious for that. I tried 2x and moved on is all. She has loads of yes reviews, and quite a few of NS reviews. I tried, but didn't bother with a review, again I just move on. So it's a no on the no review from me. I'll get killed for that again by the "But we need to know" crowd on the forum here. 

Alas poor fishndude57...we knew him well .   Disagree with you..nc/ns deserves a review. The ladies do not like time wasters and neither do the men.

1 hour ago, fishndude57 said:

Thanks Fish, seems this happens more often than I thought.

3 minutes ago, Mustang87 said:

I wouldn't post two no-show reviews for the same provider in the same week.  In fact, I don't think you can review the same provider more than once in a 6-month period. In fact, you can't post a no-show review at all anymore.  I would recommend post a review and for recommend, put no, and for pictures accurate,  put unknown.  That indicated a no show.

You're right Mustang87. 

Thanks for the advice fellas, it really helps getting input in something I haven't experienced back to back.

2 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

No, it does not.  Rude is rude.  Does life happen?  Absolutely.  Is it perfectly understandable that a person (lady or john) has to cancel on occasion? Absolutely.  Is there ever an excuse for not only not TELLING the other person as soon as possible that they have to cancel but not so much as an apology and offer to make up later?  No.  Write the review.

One cancellation in a week I’d accept. Two? Not so much. It’s just discourteous and unprofessional.

NC/NS gets a review. (MODS: We need something explicit to indicate this in the review forms.)

2 hours ago, BallR said:

I have a question regarding review protocol when having experienced a pair of No shows by the same provider in the same week? 

In both instances, a time and my location was agreed with a half days notice ahead of time. Also, confirmation by both parties was made within two hours of agreed time.

Once the time had came and gone, I was left in the  dark without the lady texting back when I followed up to ask what happened.

I keep thinking, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. So hope to get input by the gentleman and ladies on the Board, thanks all!

Why would you try and schedule a second time after the first ns/nc?  

I think you should try again for the trifecta.

Before making a negative review, did you talk to her after each of the no shows? Did she have good excuse or apologize? 

Things happen... so you should tell the other person as soon as possible. But then, things can be even more complicated and you don't have the time to tell the other person in advance. But a good conversation after the NS, an explanation and good vibes might help in the situation.

19 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Why would you try and schedule a second time after the first ns/nc?  

I think you should try again for the trifecta.

I scheduled a second time thinking that things happen, but I did not get an excuse or clarification by lady why the initial NS.

I won't be going for the trifecta in this case lol.

33 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

No, it does not.  Rude is rude.  Does life happen?  Absolutely.  Is it perfectly understandable that a person (lady or john) has to cancel on occasion? Absolutely.  Is there ever an excuse for not only not TELLING the other person as soon as possible that they have to cancel but not so much as an apology and offer to make up later?  No.  Write the review.

Thanks gr8owl, that's my thinking too.

3 minutes ago, BallR said:

I scheduled a second time thinking that things happen, but I did not get an excuse or clarification by lady why the initial NS.

I won't be going for the trifecta in this case lol.

Smart move and Gr8owl is spot on!  

3 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Yeah, things happen but a provider should be considerate enough to take 30 seconds to send a text as early as possible when she knows she is not going to be able to make the agreed upon appointment time.  If they are taking too many bookings, then they need a lesson in time management and that has nothing to do with the person who set up the appointment and probably arranged their time to make the appointment.   

23 minutes ago, Bora Bora said:

Before making a negative review, did you talk to her after each of the no shows? Did she have good excuse or apologize? 

Things happen... so you should tell the other person as soon as possible. But then, things can be even more complicated and you don't have the time to tell the other person in advance. But a good conversation after the NS, an explanation and good vibes might help in the situation.

I did text about a second attempt, but didn't discuss details for NS/NC. I understand things happen, so that's why I gave it a second chance. No contact or returned communication after second time. I'm thinking I'll stay away and cut my losses. 

Edited by BallR

I want to be a smart ass for a few seconds...Go For The Trifecta.  After all, you tried for a second time.  Quitters never win.

Ok, I'm done being a smart ass. 

In reality, if she never communicated to you why she was a NS the first time or the second time, you should post a No recommendation.

The ladies do have personal lives and sometimes these lives will overrule the fun times and they have to cancel at the last minute.  It happens, life happens.

Most ladies will communicate they have to cancel prior to the appointment or if circumstances prevent that, they will communicate within a day or so after the scheduled appointment and appoligize.

If they don't, then a No review is warranted.

What happens now is to to you.

I do think Mustang is right about it being important that negative review resulting from a NC/NS shows just that. Because you are not actually doing a review, you are only indicating the lady may not be very reliable. It definitely is not the same for a client to be stood up as it is for the provider to be stood up without a call. It may cost us some gas money and some time, but it does not affect our bottom line like it does the ladies. So I like to give the girls some leeway there. I've been stood up without a call 4 times by ladies that are members of TOB (probably a 100 times by backpage girls). The ladies from TOB each had the same reason- car accident. I know for sure that 2 of the ladies had an accident, I have no reason to not believe the other 2 girls, and it doesn't matter because that is a legitimate reason for a NC/NS. Instead of being a whiny brat about it, I just rescheduled with all 4 ladies at a later date. They were all terrific and I would have missed some awesome company if I had developed an attitude over being stood up, especially since one of the beautiful ladies has become my ATF.  Another girl from TOB (she is actually a participant of this thread, I can't name names but she is a real sweetheart), I contacted her one night not too long ago, and apparently she keeps very good records- she began apologizing to me because she may have stood me up a while back. I told her I was sure she had never been a NC/NS with me, then she said it wasn't a NC/NS, but she had called and cancelled. I could only say that she surely did not need to apologize for having the proper manners to inform me that she could not make it to an appointment long ago, she insisted on apologizing anyway, so I said "apology accepted, when can we get together". I just brought that up because that level of thoughtfulness is heartwarming.                                                                                                                                                                                                     I do have one more story about a girl and NC/NS. This girl did not NC/NS me but she wasn't easy to schedule with, and did have a recent review for NC/NS. When we got together she was saying she was concerned about that review, I told her that I didn't think that she should let it bother her. I said its not really a review, it just means you're maybe not very dependable, then looked her in the eye and said "which is true!!!, there are worse traits you could have as a provider", then she laughed. I mentioned this because if I was worried about a NC/NS on her record I would have never met the only provider to bring tears to my eyes because of her life affirming story. If the readers of this forum want hear this story, I'll be glad to come back and tell it. otherwise i will shut up. Anyway guys, give the ladies a break on the NC/NS reviews.

40 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

I want to be a smart ass for a few seconds...Go For The Trifecta.  After all, you tried for a second time.  Quitters never win.

Ok, I'm done being a smart ass. 

In reality, if she never communicated to you why she was a NS the first time or the second time, you should post a No recommendation.

The ladies do have personal lives and sometimes these lives will overrule the fun times and they have to cancel at the last minute.  It happens, life happens.

Most ladies will communicate they have to cancel prior to the appointment or if circumstances prevent that, they will communicate within a day or so after the scheduled appointment and appoligize.

If they don't, then a No review is warranted.

What happens now is to to you.

Haha, I appreciate your smart ass comment!

I have been in past situations where a lady contacted me later or the next day after a missed connection like you mentioned. Like I described im my recent experience, this doesn't seem the case. Again, I assume since the provider hasn't reached out or returned the previous texts I sent the night of the most recent no show.

Do tell the story sir Gregorysymph or if you prefer PM me.

10 minutes ago, BallR said:

Do tell the story sir Gregorysymph or if you prefer PM me.

I'll be glad to. A month or so after I first met this girl, I scheduled a 2nd meeting. So we made an appointment, but she called me and said her incall and her transportation fell through. I told her if she was comfortable with me that I would be glad to come pick her up and bring her back, and I gave her my address so she knew where I would be taking her. She said that would be great. When we arrived at my place and walked in it is obvious that I'm a musician, I have a lot of different instruments in the living room. So I was playing one for a few minutes for her. When I was done she said that she appreciated being able to enjoy music and had not always been able to do so. I asked what she meant and she told me she had been born deaf. She told me around the age of 9 (I may be wrong about the age), doctors had come up with a new experimental surgery that could give certain types of deaf persons hearing. So she was in the first test groups for this new procedure. When she came to the part of the story of coming out of surgery and hearing her mothers and grandmothers voices for the first time I just felt what an emotional and joyous moment that must have been. The whole night was great with her. I had just scheduled an hour with her, but she was in my company for about 3 hours. The session was awesome, but the time getting to know her was even better.

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

One cancellation in a week I’d accept. Two? Not so much. It’s just discourteous and unprofessional.

NC/NS gets a review. (MODS: We need something explicit to indicate this in the review forms.)

Two reviews of a NC/NS for a provider would be discourteous?  What would actually pulling a NC/NS on a hobbyist be then?

OK, folks, let's get the terminology correct:  NC/NS stands for No Call/No Show.  If a person (Guy or gal) pulls that on you, meaning they make an appointment and then don't show and don't call, that is a NC/NS.  That should  get a NC/NS review, but since we can't do that any more, your option is to recommend "No" or stay silent.  My personal opinion: write a "No" review with Photos "Unknown."  Fish and some of the other guys differ, it's your call.

If the gal (or guy) calls with a reason, excuse, etc., then it is by definition not a NC/NS, since NC stands for "No Call."  If they call ahead of time with the reason, most of us can deal with it.  If they call afterwards with a really good reason, most of us can deal with it.  If they call afterwards with a lousy reason, it's again your choice on how to deal with it.  I personally would not write a "No" review if I got a call, even with a lousy reason.  Either way, it is not a NC/NS.

Back to the precise question of the OP:  My personal opinion is that if someone literally NC/NS me twice, I would definitely write one "No" review and list pictures as "Unknown" (actually, she would never have had a chance for a second one, since a true NC/NS gets a lady deleted from my phone).  In my humble personal opinion if you don't do that,  it's not fair to the other guys who might book with her and get disappointed, and it's also not fair to the wonderful ladies that really go out of their way and work really hard to be dependable (I think this is a point that gets overlooked).  The review system is a two-way street: if you want it to be dependable and useful, you need to honestly participate.

This happened to me a couple weeks ago: I showed up on time, texted my arrival, and got a response that something (she said exactly what) had come up, and I agreed that she made the right call by attending to that situation, although I would have appreciated a bit more notice.  No matter, and this is why a phone full of regulars is so important, it only took 15 minutes of dialing for dollies before I had a new "right now" appointment, just 5 minutes away.

To put it in perspective, proving that the same issues arise outside of this sport:  On Tuesday I was literally at the restaurant for a business meeting with a client, when he called with a similar issue (important matter that needed attention) and had to cancel.  Once again, out came the phone, started dialing and managed to luck out:  my fave was available, and 15 minutes later I was enjoying a much better lunch that I had anticipated that morning.  Stay flexible my friend:

Ejtxk8p.jpg?1

1 hour ago, Bravo1 said:

Two reviews of a NC/NS for a provider would be discourteous?  What would actually pulling a NC/NS on a hobbyist be then?

Not two reviews, silly. Two missed appointments are unprofessional & discourteous.  Which since they’re w/in the same week only rate one review. This is where the text portion of the old review system really shined.

A simple single “no” review will do.  I also believe we should add hell to our rating system. As in “hell yes” or “hell no”.

7 hours ago, gr8owl said:

I couldn't agree more.  I've certainly had emergencies come up and made it a point to reach out to the lady and let her know.  I've also travelled to the location and left sitting in the parking lot with no reply or explanation.  They do not get my business.  Too many other providers.  We do need a review process that indicates a NS.  

10 hours ago, BallR said:

Ball I have had the same thing happen to me a few times. Now I am not telling you what you should do but I am going to share with you what I did. One girl I was trying to meet I later found out someone else was using her pics and this person was causing all of the no shows for me. I can't tell you why I hung around so long and continued to try and meet this girl but to cut to the chase, I finally met her. I explained to her that I had been stood up a number of times and lets just say, SHE MADE UP for it and now I am hooked LOL. I could easily give you a few more examples but I don't want to bother with the details, so if you are intrigued buddy, give it one more chance and explain to her that you would really like to meet up with her and don't forget the inconvenience caused...........If she cares about her craft, I can see her MAKING IT UP to a potential REGULAR. If she doesn't, then just move on, its plenty just a waiting on a respectful guy. Keep us posted, I would love to hear that you guys just were on different schedules and you are now happy you guys cleared it all up..........and actually met....

7 minutes ago, Savoir Faire said:

Ball I have had the same thing happen to me a few times. Now I am not telling you what you should do but I am going to share with you what I did. One girl I was trying to meet I later found out someone else was using her pics and this person was causing all of the no shows for me. I can't tell you why I hung around so long and continued to try and meet this girl but to cut to the chase, I finally met her. I explained to her that I had been stood up a number of times and lets just say, SHE MADE UP for it and now I am hooked LOL. I could easily give you a few more examples but I don't want to bother with the details, so if you are intrigued buddy, give it one more chance and explain to her that you would really like to meet up with her and don't forget the inconvenience caused...........If she cares about her craft, I can see her MAKING IT UP to a potential REGULAR. If she doesn't, then just move on, its plenty just a waiting on a respectful guy. Keep us posted, I would love to hear that you guys just were on different schedules and you are now happy you guys cleared it all up..........and actually met....

I'm glad things workout for you Savoir. I've yet to hear back and from the looks of things I won't pursue the lady for the foreseeable future. C'est la vie!

9 minutes ago, BallR said:

I'm glad things workout for you Savoir. I've yet to hear back and from the looks of things I won't pursue the lady for the foreseeable future. C'est la vie!

You have to do what you have to do, I totally understand....................................

9 hours ago, BallR said:

I did text about a second attempt, but didn't discuss details for NS/NC. I understand things happen, so that's why I gave it a second chance. No contact or returned communication after second time. I'm thinking I'll stay away and cut my losses. 

Stay away and cut your losses is fine. Now, about two or one negative reviews, my opinion is that there is not need for that. With the new system you can only say YES or NO Recommend, and a NO recommend is very strong.

I guess I'm more tolerant. I've made so many mistakes in my life and done so many stupid things that I believe in giving a second, third, fourth and more opportunities to other people. For us this is just a hobby. The ladies also make a living out of this. And after all, it's not that you lost any money. You just didn't have the fun you wanted.

But... this is just my humble opinion :)