Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jasminewaterss7

For the Ladies

12 posts in this topic

Ok Ladies! 

Would you consider it rude if a gentleman wants a seemingly endless conversation with no intention of booking you? 

What is the etiquette for conversation? 

Maybe I just haven’t had my coffee yet and that’s why I’m aggravated? I need answers 😂

We sell our time as a business. That type of behavior from a client is like ignoring a NO SOLICOTING sign in the window. They fucking know better 😂 Especially seasoned clients. Newbies can have a warning for good faith but they also should know better. They came to our neck of the woods for a purpose, there are other places to go for endless chatter, or they can pay for it. 🤷🏾‍♀️ So don’t worry, you don’t need coffee to know that. 😜

XxKae Marie 

All any of us have to sell is our time, I think in any professional context this is kind of inappropriate. I'm a software engineer but if a client called just to chat I'd start running the clock. 

First, get some coffee.

Then just ignore it for an hour or two: always have the out that the phone was off, with a client, was running a personal errand, doctor appointment, etc. Maybe will bore him since not endlessly responding.

And then, send a reply along the lines of "Gotta go, but when ready to book, please give me a call".

And if they still persist, block him.

It's like everything else in our constantly connected lives: prioritize. Important people maybe immediate reply, otherwise, respond back when convenient and or right frame of mind.

I guess I am a bit backwards? I enjoy conversations with my regular clients. I sometimes ask their opinions on what think (various topics) you name it. I say do what feels right for you. Because there is no wrong answer. Now one thing that might get me a little ruffled? Would  be someone just dropped by unannounced and not invited. Mostly.due to living a very private life. Much like that of everyone else who pretisptes in the hobby.

Something about Mercury in the first house of  Gemini! Dammit sometimes I have a strong need to be verbal. 

I’m not talking about clients I’ve seen before and had a great time. I mean a complete stranger lol 

In any case, our conversation would be much better in person anyway 😅

4 minutes ago, jasminewaterss7 said:

I’m not talking about clients I’ve seen before and had a great time. I mean a complete stranger lol 

In any case, our conversation would be much better in person anyway 😅

I get you on that! I am the very same on that subject. Thank you for the clarification Jasminewaterss7. Talking in person is always much better! I whole heartedly agree 100%! 😎💕

Sometimes a lot of conversation is just a front for a newbie getting up his nerve too.  If it is causing problems simply direct it elsewhere.

In my experience, usually when a client wants to chat and “get to know me better” before scheduling an appointment a few days away... they all seem to cancel and I feel like I got somewhat played for my time and attention.

I like conversation,  getting to know you

But Action Speaks Louder Then Words

And Bullshit Walks 

MONEY TALKS🤗

Jasmine you are just too nice! It seems the BP ladies did not waste much time before asking what time I want to meet--you could probably ask if he intends to book an appt. I do like to build a little rapport and there's some things I need to ask first to see if we'll be a good fit but I do try to get to the point quickly and not waste her time. I do like a little flirty chatting once the appointment is confirmed and we are definitely going to meet.