Was told not to bother old clients

44 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JoDoe27 said:

Why? As in why do you maintain this policy? You wrote ample reviews so had no problem putting information out into the ether for any and everyone to read. You giving up any details about services or experience in a personal response doesn’t really cause any harm because it’s still up the provider to screen accordingly. Yes?

So while this is directed to you it’s not at the same time as many others here have said they too would be tight lipped. I guess I don’t see the difference of someone asking you a question in a message and you listing out acronyms as well as your date in detail in a review. 

Mostly because of Noob's, both Ladies and others. Also I'll no longer review on this site if it ever comes back up. I think my reviews need to be toned down anyway. Although I did get a few thanks as they seemed to work.  I only have 1 on Eccie, and I think like 19 on TER. I won't ask other members because, if it's a Lady that's been around for awhile, I think I can determine for myself if it could be a possible fit. I'm 61 now, there's no need to wander too far from the barn anymore. Too much uncertainty. 

1 hour ago, JRWolfe said:

Well, that leaves me out as I have never written reviews on the ladies :(

At 2K+ posts & I’ve Known you for years - I think that qualifies. 

Note: I said most of the criteria.

Here lately everyone is making screening out to be kinda like this:

Should not be this hard lol.

I am usually fine with giving generic information via pm - list of an acronyms, whether i enjoyed and would return, pics accurate or not.  More detail than that - why?  The level of willingness goes up when I recognize the one asking and he strikes me as one of the good guys.  Someone you can rely on to trade information with and not always one way is a very nice situation to have and more so lately.  

When I have declined to give someone any information via pm has been the few occasions where the way they asked and/or phrasing just gave me the creeps.  There have been a couple gems over the years that made me feel like, "oh hell no, I will not help you see her cause I would fear for her safety or at least be sending her a creep!!"  In those rare instances I have shot the lady a pm and told her If XYZero contacts you it is entirely your call, but if he throws my name around i did not encourage him and he gave me the creeps.  Use caution"  Someone mentioned LE, but if she has listings and a web site and I have posted a review, what would be the point for LE to waste time asking me stupid questions? (stupid because they are NOT interested in her service details lol)

For me to reply to a pm about a lady, I will need at least 2 verifiable references from the ladies on the gentleman and screening so that I know he is who he says he is.

2 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Here lately everyone is making screening out to be kinda like this:

Should not be this hard lol.

Going off topic....the lovely Samantha Fish...as seen in your video...plays the Denver Day Of Rock this Saturday.  :)

12 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Well, that leaves me out as I have never written reviews on the ladies :(

You've been around for a while and your posts let us know you are a truly good guy.  You have "cred", so, at least for me, I would not hesitate to share info with you.  As is said...."Your reputations proceeds you."  And you have a great reputation.

Being established is important in this community as it instills a level of trust....There is no short cut to get that....

16 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Great :(  Now we will never find out the best fishing holes,bait to use and what lady is best at cleaning the fish for dinner :(

CandiO

I am willing to pay it forward.  People helped me when I got started and I will return the favor.

On 5/23/2018 at 4:49 AM, Kandi Apple said:

Asking about services and other information on a lady from a gentleman that seen her is fine. I just know that I don't perform the same with anyone as everyone is different.

So YMMV.

All I really want to know is, "Am I on your menu?"   ....   But you are correct.   We always face YMMV, but there are a few things that I consider "must haves".   If the lady is willing to respond after screening me, that's great.   But more than once I've experienced that response being less than fully truthful.   

On 5/23/2018 at 9:44 AM, Bit Banger said:

...If the person asking happens to be LE, any confession would be w/o Miranda.

FYI, Miranda only applies to custodial interrogations, which PM's are definitely not.  In the infinitesimal chance that such conversations needed to be used against the person involved, they would be allowed. 

On 5/23/2018 at 7:01 AM, a_happycamper_12 said:

Leigeois,

You are welcome to contact me about providers I’ve seen. Obviously since the changes on Theotherboard, reviews lack what I consider important information. And as such it becomes necessary to reach out via messaging, It was happening prior to the changes and is occurring now.

If the YL has preferences then obviously we need to respect those. But I for one do not mind being contacted.

You just open the door to a lot of PMs I saw your reviwes and you have over a hundred...

3 hours ago, don juan said:

You just open the door to a lot of PMs I saw your reviwes and you have over a hundred...

Roger that! 

I am not averse to providing requested information to seasoned and respectfull newbies 

regards