Sheila-4683

Megan and Harry Are Married

15 posts in this topic

Just was of no interest to me, but I hope it is the fairytale for them. 

Wish them nothing but the best but I think the 45 million dollar cost could have been spent better somewhere else. However it is their money to do with as they please

I wish them all the happiness.

However, I think they could have done this for a hell of a lot less than $45 million.

Queen Elizabeth is everything you'd hope for in a regent.

Prince Charles is a tool.

His kids seem OK enough, but time will tell.  Hopefully the line of succession goes straight to them.

Re: $45M for the wedding: yeah, a lot (much of it security), but guesses are that it does drive a big chunk of money in return re: tourism, clothing sales (eg. one of the young royals wears something [including the babies], everyone wants to buy that thing).

The monarchy is a tourist draw: they really know how to do pageantry like no other country, which gets people to visit.

Numbers in the following article track to other similar stories I've seen over the years.

https://www.fastcompany.com/40571590/british-royals-by-the-numbers-what-they-cost-and-bring-in

Morgan Freeman and Harry Reid? I didn't even know they were engaged. Good for them. :)

4 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

Re: $45M for the wedding: yeah, a lot (much of it security), but guesses are that it does drive a big chunk of money in return re: tourism, clothing sales (eg. one of the young royals wears something [including the babies], everyone wants to buy that thing).

The monarchy is a tourist draw: they really know how to do pageantry like no other country, which gets people to visit.

Numbers in the following article track to other similar stories I've seen over the years.

https://www.fastcompany.com/40571590/british-royals-by-the-numbers-what-they-cost-and-bring-in

Thank you for the spot on info..

They Do know how to put on A Show  for the Whole World to see..its  Entertainment,  

XoXo Sheila 

I enjoyed the specials leading up to the wedding and glad we have something to talk about besides the polical climate and violence going on around us. 

Why do we care so much about what happens in the UK in this country. Didn't we go tell them to f*ck themselves over 200 years ago?

5oLh7t4.jpg?1

I truly could not care less.  A Hollywood b list queen and an un-elected ruler ..........