Rtgin813

Parking lot questionable vehicles?

37 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, JustFine said:

Can LE intercept/screw with texting? I dont know but it was just too many strange things right in front of me.

Yup, it's called StingRay and is in pretty common use by police.  The ACLU has identified like 75 departments around the US that has it in use that they know of.

Officially Denver hasn't said if they do or don't.  

Still, good eye catching the unmarkeds.

Funny story.   My first  ever visit with a provider got off to an interesting start. As I was walking up to her private incall which is located close to where I work, I heard someone call out my name.   I turned around and saw a cop who knows me from my work pulled up in his cruiser.  He said something like “I didn’t know you live around here.”  I smiled and replied that I was gonna be cooking up some brats with a buddy.  I kept going and had an intensely wonderful first experience.   Sure glad I didn’t freak out and leave.

On 5/17/2018 at 4:58 PM, BadBoy said:

*  I usually will not get in the elevator, I have this irrational fear that it will break and I will have to explain to everyone why I was stuck in a broken elevator for five hours in a hotel.  I'll walk up 15 floors if I have to.

I’m glad I’m not the only one with an intense fear of elevators 😢

8 hours ago, JustFine said:

Then a grey almost unmarked suv parks near me with lights on top (turned off) and an open laptop in the passenger seat.  Paranoid meter goes UP!

Can LE intercept/screw with texting? I dont know but it was just too many strange things right in front of me.

Can LE intercept? Yes. Would they? Doubtful, as the equipment to do that is pretty pricey and would be wasted on a simple john sting. And in turn, that equipment becomes tricky when things go to court (eg. LE signs non disclosure agreements, and in turn, some cases have been dropped over the years due to DA cannot discuss how they got evidence).

Now, LE might have been running a plain old sting with a different lady/listing. Or, P411 is not 100% secure, so, lady's id might have been compromised. Or, LE might have been running some other enforcement (eg. Warrants turned up for vehicle in lot, other nefarious activities). Example: some years ago, cops were looking to bust some bad guys at a motel not related to adult activities, but just so happened that they saw adult activities going on and ran them in before catching the bad guys in the act.

Unless you were trying to book with iffy ethnic/regional/age/habitual-perp demographic ladies, odds are that probably LE was there for something else. But, nothing wrong with obeying the gut sense.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

I doubt seriously LE was jamming your text messages.  You were probably in a bad reception area.  

Did you at least contact the lady and give her the courtesy of a heads up?  

Everyone should listen to your gut and be smart, just don’t let paranoia take over. 

About a month ago I had scheduled an incall, my gf was headed down to the lobby as he texted and said he was arriving.  Immediately my gf called me and said there was a cop in the lobby asking the front desk if he could use the restroom... my appointment got spooked and left. 

On 5/26/2018 at 4:45 PM, Plot said:

Funny story.   My first  ever visit with a provider got off to an interesting start. As I was walking up to her private incall which is located close to where I work, I heard someone call out my name.   I turned around and saw a cop who knows me from my work pulled up in his cruiser.  He said something like “I didn’t know you live around here.”  I smiled and replied that I was gonna be cooking up some brats with a buddy.  I kept going and had an intensely wonderful first experience.   Sure glad I didn’t freak out and leave.

Kudos Man, you have nerves of ice and steel! +1