Rtgin813

Parking lot questionable vehicles?

37 posts in this topic

Just wondering if I’m being paranoid. I went to meet with a well reviewed provider pulled into a large hotel and saw there was a cop car outside so I left. Was I just being paranoid? Wondering what others would’ve done

The officer was probably doing routine checks on license plates and guests. 

It would have made me nervous as well...always, always trust your gut!  

Hotels can be spooky. I hope you didn’t just ns/nc the lady.

No I told her I was pulling in I saw the car and told her I was leaving and why. Told her to be safe but I feel bad I think my paranoia got the best of me

Edited by Rtgin813

2 hours ago, Rtgin813 said:

Just wondering if I’m being paranoid. I went to meet with a well reviewed provider pulled into a large hotel and saw there was a cop car outside so I left. Was I just being paranoid? Wondering what others would’ve done

Would have done the same thing. Better to be smart and careful. 

Kinda depends:  Was big head still in charge or was little head in charge?  Aww, heck, who am I kidding, I would have gone on in either way.  :rolleyes:

I don't think LEO parks marked cars in the parking lot on a sting.

It might be more telling if you pull in then leave immediately after seeing the cop car.  One cop car, just park and walk in like you own the joint.  Obviously reacting like that can be suspicious.

Now, if there are several, then that's a good reason to pull up next to them, say "What's going on?  Something going on in the hotel?  Can I get you a donut?"

Maybe a bit paranoid. For example, what if you had pulled in 10 minutes earlier, parked, was inside, and now the cop is going through the lot running plate numbers? If this were the Soopers lot, would you left to go to the nearby Safeway instead.

Unless you have warrants or unpaid tickets, probably not much to worry about in this situation.

Would have done the same, even if routine patrol check... If my gut says no-go, then no-go.

28 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Kinda depends:  Was big head still in charge or was little head in charge?  Aww, heck, who am I kidding, I would have gone on in either way.  :rolleyes:

On 4/13/2018 at 0:57 PM, Laci French said:

Would you rather give your information to an established screening service or to every available Now listing Lady?  That to me is the real question you need to ask yourself. 

If you run across a Lady that is willing to see you without properly screening you RUN.

28 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

They generally do not used marked cars in a sting and 90% of the stings are set up with LE in the room (for the obvious reason that they like to have complete control of the  surrounding environment/situation.  They avoid putting themselves in situations where they don't know who may be in the bathroom, under the bed, in the closets etc.) There are many reasons for them to be there - the least probable having anything to do with the Provider. 

I'm using my phone and didn't mean to quote Laci's comment. I don't know how to unquote it however LOL 

Edited by Danielle Rae
typo

50 minutes ago, Rtgin813 said:

No I told her I was pulling in I saw the car and told her I was leaving and why. Told her to be safe but I feel bad I think my paranoia got the best of me

Good thing that you did contact her instead on NCNS.   Did you two decide on a different locale ??

I say paranoid, but it does not matter what others think, if you feel uncomfortable and decided to leave then it was the right thing to do. 

I've explained this before, but it seems like a good time to revisit the issue for all the grasshoppers we seem to be getting:

The only way to get busted in this sport is if one of the two participants is LEO - The cops can't just kick in the door based upon suspicion and arrest you if neither of you is cooperating.  Therefore, assuming that you know that you are not LEO, then all you have to do (both ladies and men) is be sure that the other participant is not LEO.  This is why both sides screen.  If you were visiting a "well reviewed provider," the chances are pretty good that she is not LEO either.  Therefore, in the future just go on in the door like you own the place, nod to the desk clerk, high-five the cop (OK, that may be a bit much), turn right, walk down the hall like you know exactly what you are doing and find the staircase.*  Up you go to the correct floor, and you will be just fine.

*  I usually will not get in the elevator, I have this irrational fear that it will break and I will have to explain to everyone why I was stuck in a broken elevator for five hours in a hotel.  I'll walk up 15 floors if I have to.

I went to meet with a well reviewed TOB lady last summer (it was our first meeting), and while I was pulling into the parking lot I called to get her room number. 

She answers and says "There's a bunch of cops here doing a drug bust or something. I'd completly understand if you want to cancel. I'm kind of freaking out!"

To which I reply "This is a new one for me! What's your room number? I'll head on up and we'll enjoy the show."

She met me in the parking lot and we watched Arapahoe County's finest haul away a bunch of deginerates, before proceeding to her room for an afternoon of fun.

The way I figured it was, I've done my homework. She was a well established provider. So, why should I let some drug dealing assholes ruin my good time?!

31 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

I've explained this before, but it seems like a good time to revisit the issue for all the grasshoppers we seem to be getting:

The only way to get busted in this sport is if one of the two participants is LEO - The cops can't just kick in the door based upon suspicion and arrest you if neither of you is cooperating.  Therefore, assuming that you know that you are not LEO, then all you have to do (both ladies and men) is be sure that the other participant is not LEO.  This is why both sides screen.  If you were visiting a "well reviewed provider," the chances are pretty good that she is not LEO either.  Therefore, in the future just go on in the door like you own the place, nod to the desk clerk, high-five the cop (OK, that may be a bit much), turn right, walk down the hall like you know exactly what you are doing and find the staircase.*  Up you go to the correct floor, and you will be just fine.

*  I usually will not get in the elevator, I have this irrational fear that it will break and I will have to explain to everyone why I was stuck in a broken elevator for five hours in a hotel.  I'll walk up 15 floors if I have to.

That's dedication!!! 😂😂😂

I agree with Bad's assessment on the only way to get busted. When i walk in the hotel, I walk in as if I am staying there myself. I smile and nod to the front desk peeps(hopefully she is a cutie hottie), i have my laptop bag on my shoulder(no laptop, usually a bottle of cabernet, champagne, or single malt), sometimes i will even pull my phone out and act like i am having a conversation..never have had a problem. I'm tall at 6'4 so i don't get intimidated, i would have parked and casually walked over to the officer and inquired about the hub-bub, but that's me. However I would always go with your gut response, and always and forever..call our lovely ladies and tell them y u r cancelling. Mutual respect is a 2-way street.

The more I think about it the more I think I was just being paranoid but i tend to play it safe when it comes to LE

I would have not worried too much. Cops are not stupid and they wouldn't have parked they car in the parking lot for you to see it if they were after you or the lady. 

6 minutes ago, Bora Bora said:

I would have not worried too much. Cops are not stupid and they wouldn't have parked they car in the parking lot for you to see it if they were after you or the lady. 

^^This^^ While I haven't frequented a Hotel in call in 2 years, unless I rent the room for myself and know my companion from previously, i'm quite comfortable with outs, again only friends I already know, or a private in call, but that's only going to be with a lot of due diligence as well. Now I will pick my friend up and bring her here on occasion, but nope, so done with public in calls. Also there is nothing wrong with being paranoid, it's served me well in business decisions through the years. There's a lot to said about "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer."

1 hour ago, MeganMarie4u said:

That's dedication!!! 😂😂😂

I’d say! Give that man a metal!🤩

On the subject of elevators in hotels:  I went to see one of my visiting faves at a local high-end convention/business hotel near my office.  There was a good chance that I could run into someone I know, and I like to be very discrete, so I went in the side door and faced away from the lobby as I entered.  She was on an upper floor and I figured (this is prior to my making my rule) that being so high-end, their elevators wouldn't break, so I punched the button, an elevator arrived, and I got in.  After about 10 feet, the shaft disappeared and I realized I was in one of those glass display elevators.  Worse, a bunch of people with lots of luggage stopped the elevator at floor two, and got off on floor three, with me jammed to the back (against the glass), on full display to the lobby/restaurant for a good 3-4 godawful long minutes before it finally took off and I was able to get out.

Stairs for me from then on!

4 hours ago, BadBoy said:

It was a stake out for morons. :eek:

I had a similar incident about a month ago. I had made arrangements with a provider I had seen once before. I pull up to the hotel and there's 3 cop cars outside. She saw the cops down the hall from her room. We both waited it out to be careful. I was pretty concerned and she was as well. I figured if they were there to arrest me, they wouldn't make it so obvious that they were there.

18 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Great. Thanks for putting that thought in my head. Now I'll never take the elevator to an appointment again.

24 minutes ago, daaacz said:

Great. Thanks for putting that thought in my head. Now I'll never take the elevator to an appointment again.

It's always better to take the stairs for your health anyway! B)

I once pulled out of a hotel leaving an incall appointment and the moment I got on the road the blue light were right one my tail, never saw where the car came from.  I pulled over, asked "what's the problem office" assuming the worst.  Turns out I'd made an illegal U turn out of the parking lot.  Got let off with a warning. But I'll admit I do look at what cars are in the lot ever since.

gotta feel safe - if you don't, you don't - for whatever reason...

good on ya to have reached out to her - read way too many of these where that was overlooked and that isn't fair to your date - I hope you made arrangements to see her again...

everyone who dates will find themselves in a situation every now and then that makes them feel uneasy - part of the dating game - for me it has always been that odd feeling my car my not be there after my date - so far so good:)

I've pulled in to a lot and have seen a marked car.  Called the lady and canceled.  She completely understood.  Had it happen a second time with a different lady and saw the marked car in a lot down the street.  Called the lady and she didn't answer.  Hmmmm....  Spidey senses are there for a reason - listen to them.  

Feel a bit better after reading this.  I was in a hotel and while walking to the room saw a cop walking down the hallway. Freaked me out and took off. Told the provider but she was not happy with me.  

There is a police station  on  the north side of my street....its down the block . Thank goodness it doesn't make out call ladies paranoid.