Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Traveling tips please

12 posts in this topic

Ok y’all, I’m headed out on the road EARLY Saturday morning. I’m wondering if anyone has any cool apps for hotels, fun sites to see, etc. I have gas buddy, but if you know of a better one let me know. 

I have roadside service through USAA and Infiniti so I don’t need that. OH AND give me tips for food in Nashville! 

PM’s WELCOME 

As a travelling foodie, I use the web site: Eater.  I also get good leads from searching: "James Beard Foundation (and then whatever city I'm heading to)". 

YELP and Open Table haven't been of much help in the last decade.  

Where are you headed?  That will make all the difference...wish I was on a road trip with😕

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

Where are you headed?  That will make all the difference...wish I was on a road trip with😕

I’m headed to an undisclosed location but I’ll say I’m taking I70 East then headed south and I’ll be passing through Nashville. After that I’m going to be 6 hours away. So between Denver and Nashville 

Roadside America lists all the interesting, or downright wacky stuff you can see along you path. It shows you everything from natural landmarks to the world's biggest ball of yarn.

My first choice is is Trip Advisor. Type in Trip Advisor, the town, then restaurants -hotels - things to do-attractions, etc.  The reviews are a good indication of the restaurant or hotel. Free.

Another app costing ~ $10.00 is All Stays. There is an app just for motels and restaurants.  Another for campgrounds, etc.  Select which app is best for what you plan to do.  This app is really good for long distance planning.

Happy Travels!

2 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

I’m headed to an undisclosed location but I’ll say I’m taking I70 East then headed south and I’ll be passing through Nashville. After that I’m going to be 6 hours away. So between Denver and Nashville 

It sounds so super secret😂😂😂

How will all your loves stalk you without clearer directions???

call me and I have some amazing friends along that path that would love to take you to dinner.

As a road warrior for many, many years, when I check into a hotel, I will ask the clerks where they recommend I eat. If they tell me a restaurant chain or the hotel restaurant, I tell them I would prefer to eat where they would go by themselves or with family....tell me a locally owned place to eat.

You’re probably not going to be driving through Memphis on the way, but if you are, that’s where some of the best barbecue rest in the country are located.  Personally, I’d go out of my way for that!

Airbnb, Google reviews, Priceline,

Nebraska i80 is better than Kansas but ok if u just plan to keep going, otherwise grab a Runza, visit Kearney (the big bridge over i80), maybe Mahoney State Park,  ...

Be safe, be a leader, stay healthy!!

Well, crap sounds like you'll be going through Kansas. You can see the biggest ball of yarn and the 3 legged cow. hahaha That being said, they don't have much to do there, but watch for speeders.

There is an app called Waze that reports speed traps, road stuff etc. Have a good trip.

12 hours ago, zonker said:

You’re probably not going to be driving through Memphis on the way, but if you are, that’s where some of the best barbecue rest in the country are located.  Personally, I’d go out of my way for that!

Best food is Off Third, Winchester and Getwell, Park has good places by the College in Memphis. 

Nashville You gotta try Mas Tacos Porfavor or Arnold Country Kitchen. Yummy Southern Eats and Mexican. The Patterson house and Martins BBQ All have been On T.V. They won't dissapoint...

To get to Nashville you will  have pass Through Memphis off the 240(40) from the 55,  UNLESS you are going through STL towards Indiana then you will be about 5.5 hrs North taking a Long drop South..  All depends where you wanna get off the 70 East.. 

There is A MANDATORY TOLL from  Topeka to KCK. $3 depending on Axles. It is about 50 miles and A speed traps,  be safe Lady. Have fun and Enjoy!!! 💋💗💋💗💋