vipblonde

Does DTC cover a massive portion of Denver?

32 posts in this topic

I’m somewhat confused about this.  Every day about half of all the inquiries I get are unable because DTC is just too far away.  That I can understand. Out of the other half of inquiries, half of them ask what part of DTC.  I tell them and some say they can’t get to that side today.  I think we’re talking a 10 minute difference.... maybe these guys are in a super rush?   Or is DTC just really that widespread?  I have never in any other city been asked to break down the location fractions even smaller.

Welcome to Denver...  for half of the city it’s a bitch to get to DTC.  You can’t please all of us!

I'd say the Tech center runs from I- 225 to about  C or E 470 and maybe a few miles east and west of I-25

Don't know the official boundaries but for me,  the Tech center is my area,   I hate downtown and Colorado Blvd has to be the worst road in Colorado too

Edited by Mike940370

For what it is worth, DTC is the only part of Denver I will make the drive up from The Springs to visit.

55 minutes ago, Mike940370 said:

I'd say the Tech center runs from I- 225 to about  C or E 470 and maybe a few miles east and west of I-25

I will go along with this description, as that is what most people probably think of as Tech Center.

Per Wikipedia, it's 225 to Arapahoe. Google Maps has it 225 to Orchard, bounded by 25 and Yosemite.

Problem with DTC, especially if coming from the north, might be 1hr drive if everything goes well. But many times, traffic is terrible starting at 225 heading south. If coming down 25 above 20th, you usually run into slowdowns at 20th, 6th. So, you might be really looking at 1:15-1:30 one way, especially if not hosting right on I-15 (having to deal with the east/west road lights). 225 can also be a pain re: traffic, if coming from that direction. So, a guy needs to be able to sneak away for 3.5-4hrs (maybe more as that trip going north on 25 becomes a big tie up).

Now, don't get it why any guy that has been in CO for an amount of time can't comprehend it's DTC, it's going to take time to get there, why even go through the motions of trying to book when odds are it won't be an easy commute. Personally, will not try to setup something for DTC unless absolutely sure I have that amount of time free, otherwise, booking north or downtown.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

DTC now seems to include Inverness area and some other off shoots nowadays.  So yeah, it can be a pain to get to a location based on where one is. 

If for lunch meet it could be too far time wise to make it.

DTC is not that wide spread.  Any guy that cant take 10 minutes to drive from one spot there in to the next is just lazy.  As for those of us on the North end of town, it is very troublesome to travel that far south especially while on say lunch break.  Taking a 2.5 hour lunch is not an option, so most of us just don't go there.  Hence why many of us ask "What part of Denver" because even when ladies advertise Denver they are way south in the DTC (still part of Denver proper.)  

1 hour ago, Fortcollinsguy said:

You can’t please all of us!

Don't listen to him. I have faith in you . 

Nobody likes him!! B):P

DTC is a large area, but it has ample parking and a variety of hotels and condos. The rates are less than Downtown (which is a large area also). Parking in town is a Royal PIA.

When scheduling, I let someone know cross streets, and where/when to update their eta for further details. Definitely understandable for lunch visits.

Of course weekends and late nights, DTC is only 30-40 min from Thornton/Westminster. 

Bonus - Usually earlier check in is available, whereas it is not as often in other parts of town. 

I agree with Mike as far as the coverage. 

There seems to be an influx of I am around the corner and want NOW. I had a guy yesterday that could not allow me 25 minutes to get to my incall, get dressed and brush teeth, yet was still texting me 20 minutes later regarding a lady I recommended to him. 🤔 

Dont take it personal. And then there are some guys that will come from Boulder. I guess it just depends on planning and time constraints.

5 hours ago, vipblonde said:

I’m somewhat confused about this.  Every day about half of all the inquiries I get are unable because DTC is just too far away.  That I can understand. Out of the other half of inquiries, half of them ask what part of DTC.  I tell them and some say they can’t get to that side today.  I think we’re talking a 10 minute difference.... maybe these guys are in a super rush?   Or is DTC just really that widespread?  I have never in any other city been asked to break down the location fractions even smaller.

I live, work and hobby in the DTC and can tell you that there are no two places in the DTC that are 10 minutes apart, maybe 5.  In rush hour, maybe 10, but that's rush hour.  As to guys complaining about DTC being "too far," there is no way to win on that one.  If you were in Westminster, guys would complain that is too far, if you were in Aurora, guys would complain that is too far, if you are downtown, guys will complain that is too far.  The fact is that Denver is a fairly large city and no matter where you are, it will be too far for a lot of guys - nothing you can do about it.  I have noticed that a few of the savvy visiting girls will do a couple days in DTC and a couple days in Westminster or downtown, and that helps everyone out.

As to what is properly DTC, it is not actually defined by any real authority, but I would say that if you drew a two-mile radius circle around the intersection of Orchard and I-25 it would be about right.  However, be aware that other folks have a more flexible definition.  One gal that I booked with said she was "In the DTC," and her actual incall was a half-mile west of Broadway.  She was a no-show, so I guess that explains it, but you get the idea.

2 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

I agree with Mike as far as the coverage. 

There seems to be an influx of I am around the corner and want NOW. I had a guy yesterday that could not allow me 25 minutes to get to my incall, get dressed and brush teeth, yet was still texting me 20 minutes later regarding a lady I recommended to him. 🤔 

Dont take it personal. And then there are some guys that will come from Boulder. I guess it just depends on planning and time constraints.

Yes that happens a lot it’s fristrating. It’s like they expect us ladies to be laying on the bed ready 24/7.  I had a P411 member schedule a 90m appointment for 10:30am on Sunday.  He text me at 7am and I didn’t wake up till 9:15 to send him the address and he responds with I blew him off and he decided to just go get breakfast. And then he asked if we could just go have lunch together instead... that made no sense to me.. it was still an hour before our scheduled meeting time.  I’m just not use to so many scheduling problems. 

2 hours ago, BadBoy said:

I live, work and hobby in the DTC and can tell you that there are no two places in the DTC that are 10 minutes apart, maybe 5.  In rush hour, maybe 10, but that's rush hour.  As to guys complaining about DTC being

"too far,"

there is no way to win on that one.  If you were in Westminster, guys would complain that is too far, if you were in Aurora, guys would complain that is too far, if you are downtown, guys will complain that is too far.  The fact is that Denver is a fairly large city and no matter where you are, it will be too far for a lot of guys - nothing you can do about it.  I have noticed that a few of the savvy visiting girls will do a couple days in DTC and a couple days in Westminster or downtown, and that helps everyone out.

Some times you have to cross that bridge when you get there;

In this case it’s a Bridge Too Far.

3 hours ago, Leonalune said:

When scheduling, I let someone know cross streets, and where/when to update their eta for further details. Definitely understandable for lunch visits.

Of course weekends and late nights, DTC is only 30-40 min from Thornton/Westminster. 

Bonus - Usually earlier check in is available, whereas it is not as often in other parts of town. 

I have experienced in the last few weeks that the guys that ask for cross streets before confirming they are able to meet, they just try to guess what hotel I’m in and then not go through with booking. So that has given me the issue of being more specific of what part of DTC. 

It is a bitch to drive from up north to down south in am rush hour, mid day rush hour and evening rush hour. <_<

44 minutes ago, fred1964 said:

It is a bitch to drive from up north to down south in am rush hour, mid day rush hour and evening rush hour. <_<

I get your point; it would be way better for one to drive from DTC to up north during rush hour...👓

Edited by Kaduk
Just kidding

4 hours ago, BadBoy said:

... As to what is properly DTC, it is not actually defined by any real authority, ...

Actually, the Denver Tech Center is only 850 acres (about 1.3 sq.mi.) along I-25 between I-225 & Arapahoe Rd.  It was developed as a business park in the 1970s.

But many use the term to refer to the miriad businesses S of downtown Denver.

I made an appointment once with a provider in DTC... But turned out to be in Centennial! Coming from Boulder, it's a long way either way. She was wonderful... but three hours round trip for an hour appointment was just too much, so I didn't see her again.

Let me settle this debate once and for all.  DTC runs from Arapaho on the south to 144th st on the north.  More of you fine ladies need to try the north side of DTC.

14 hours ago, ynglifter69 said:

Let me settle this debate once and for all.  DTC runs from Arapaho on the south to 144th st on the north.  More of you fine ladies need to try the north side of DTC.

Yes please ladies! Not fun getting to a DTC visit pretty much anytime during the day.

DTC ladies, stay away from any thing north of Hampden along I-25, Aurora and airport area also good.

Omg what is up with you people. Listen to what you are bitching about. Just tell your wives that you are going out and will be back when you can.

On 5/18/2018 at 5:10 PM, Mike940370 said:

DTC ladies, stay away from any thing north of Hampden along I-25, Aurora and airport area also good.

Where do you get your info?

Historically it has been like that Megan for many years as it seemed the east side of the Denver Metro area had a substantial growth period that Denver did not see but recently with the additions to Lodo and Rino, I am not certain that it would be the same way however....Difficult to say unless one tries moving around then they can figure out the area that they are most comfortable and visit there frequently...

26 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Where do you get your info?

I think the poster was being "clever", in that those areas are easy for him, and he does not want to make the drive that others do. Lots of threads on the board from providers re: "where should I go next" and guys saying DTC because "easy for me to sneak out of work, away from the home".

On 5/17/2018 at 6:45 AM, turtlerabbit said:

I made an appointment once with a provider in DTC... But turned out to be in Centennial! Coming from Boulder, it's a long way either way. She was wonderful... but three hours round trip for an hour appointment was just too much, so I didn't see her again.

Given the boundaries established by several providers portions of the DTC are actually in Centennial,Denver, Greenwood Village, Aurora and Englewood.  Just saying