Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilovewomen

Worst Movie

55 posts in this topic

"Out of Africa"  It was without a doubt the worst movie ever that won an Oscar for Best Picture.  I lost complete faith in The Academy from that day on.  I fell asleep 4 times.

On 5/15/2018 at 6:52 PM, NoCoGeezer said:

To tie into a different thread, JRWolfe wins the "I am so old" contest if he saw this classic in a theater. :lol:

No ifs about it. My dad took me as I was way too young to drive and he knew I was a big Bela Lugosi fan. It was Belas' last movie and he was in it just a couple of minutes...and silent footage at that. Huge disappointment, and the movie was so bad that even at that age I laughed at it.

Rango, my kids even hated it and we left the theater.  So many, that I have not remembered the titles to. I hate chick flicks, give me guns and fast cars any day.

Found another one. 2016 Attack of the Killer Doenuts. Yes, Doenuts! :eek: 

Don't get to many movies, but The Lone Ranger was the last one I remember that really stunk it up.  

On 5/14/2018 at 7:04 PM, Bora Bora said:

I don't know if it's the worst I've ever seen, but definitely the worst in the las year or so: Beyond Skyline

What a bad movie!!!!

beyond-skyline.jpg?itok=GbfwI8g0

Actually, I liked that movie.  The movie that I paid to see in the theater that I hated was Titanic. I still don't get why so many people like that movie I thought it was mind-numbing boring.   I have seen a lot of bad movies but that was worse one I paid for.

12 hours ago, tide32 said:

Found another one. 2016 Attack of the Killer Doenuts. Yes, Doenuts! :eek: 

Was it about transgender deer or was the title writer just illiterate?

On 5/15/2018 at 9:59 PM, LordGreybush said:

Thin Red Line -- walked out. Terrence Mallick's preponderance of prattling pacifism. Nothing against pacifism, I guess. Just the messenger.

For me it wasn't the pacifism so much as the unrealistic portrayal of the soldiers endless contemplating the meaning of it all in the middle of a battle. I believe they were all in survival mode and sure as hell didn't have time for contemplation.

Agree with Rabbit Test and Ishtar.

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 9:59 PM, LordGreybush said:

"preponderance of prattling pacifism."

What I'd like to know is, how long did you have to wait, to use these words in a senence? :rolleyes:

Sultry Kitten: I totally agree on Toys and Gigli, but I think Vanilla Sky was masterful! Maybe Tom Cruise in his most honest role: (doesn’t take much imagination to see him as a spoiled rich kid playboy, cruising on his looks and wealth), perfect casting of Penelope Cruz and Cameron Diaz as opposite extreme aspects of feminine idols (from the male point of view), and a twisted, “is this real or a dream?”, journey of self awakening make this one of the best movies I’ve seen, in my opinion. Just my two cents! :)

On 5/15/2018 at 8:42 AM, madapples said:

The only movie I walked out of was a Martin Scorsese film, Bringing Out the Dead. Horribly paced and Nick Cave made me cringe. Considering that, my answer is Battlefield Earth. 

On 5/15/2018 at 9:12 AM, Necron 99 said:

I have to second Battlefield Earth.

One of the worst movies ever.

51 minutes ago, Coloseeker said:

One of the worst movies ever.

But it's so damn funny to watch and make fun of, so a person does get some enjoyment out of it.

17 hours ago, tide32 said:

What I'd like to know is, how long did you have to wait, to use these words in a senence? :rolleyes:

I'm always appreciative of awesome applications of alliterative art.

6 hours ago, LordGreybush said:

I'm always appreciative of awesome applications of alliterative art.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. :angry:      :P

19 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

A little bit of the geek side of me was extremely pissed at this movie.  Highlander 2:  The Quickening.

me to.  It's not bad movie, but mediocre.  I had high hopes for it and hopes were shattered.  I took me years to get over it

On 6/10/2018 at 9:38 PM, mountainrider33 said:

A little bit of the geek side of me was extremely pissed at this movie.  Highlander 2:  The Quickening.

I can't seem to find any reference to that movie.

I've asked several friends that are fans of the Highlander franchise and none of them have heard about it,

they do refer to a "Highlander 3 - The Apology" though.

I've checked IMDB.com and nada...

Edited by Coloseeker

I think the worst movie has to be the one where I fall in love with a provider.  I've seen that one a couple of times, and I hate the ending. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Coloseeker said:

I can't seem to find any reference to that movie.

I've asked several friends that are fans of the Highlander franchise and none of them have heard about it,

they do refer to a "Highlander 3 - The Apology" though.

I've checked IMDB.com and nada...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102034/

Anybody else see the double feature "Billy The Kid Vs Dracula ' and  "Jesse James Meets  Frankenstein's Daughter ' when it was in the theaters ??  My date and I threw popcorn at the screen and laughed our asses off.

5 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Anybody else see the double feature "Billy The Kid Vs Dracula ' and  "Jesse James Meets  Frankenstein's Daughter ' when it was in the theaters ??  My date and I threw popcorn at the screen and laughed our asses off.

Sometimes movies are so bad that they’re still entertaining. Just not in the manner their producers intended.

2 hours ago, Bora Bora said:

Worst movie death scene ever, really bad, you've been warned! :)

That was truly TERRIBLE!

1 hour ago, mountainrider33 said:

This is so bad but it is so good to watch. I've watched this scene probably 20 times

I liked the running bitch slap 😏

2 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

This is so bad but it is so good to watch. I've watched this scene probably 20 times

This one was really bad as well!!