Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilovewomen

Worst Movie

55 posts in this topic

What is the worst movie you ever paid to see?

For me it was Rabbit Test with Joan Rivers and Wholly Moses with Richard Pryor.

Edited by ilovewomen

Going to go with non-obvious ones: "Avatar", "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey", "Gravity". All three took film making/projection to new levels, but were sooooo boring (Hobbit aside, since read the book as a kid, saw how the films would end from a mile away). Wanted to see the tech in action.

"Star Wars" episode VI: ugh! And ewoks.

For a truly bad movie: "The Great American Girl Robbery", aka "Cheerleader's Wild Weekend". Was like 15-16, 3rd rate theater that only showed Skinemax-style flicks. Did not know it existed and was only time I went.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078960/

To highjack a bit, and go opposite direction,  "2001: A Space Odyssey" is coming back to theaters this week in a fresh 70mm print overseen by Chris Nolan. Practical effects instead of CGI, the beauty of analog, real science (eg. the "Discovery" looks like something would in space in that don't need to build aerodynamic craft for vacuums).

15:17 to Paris, holy cow was that a horrible movie. I was literally trying to fall asleep so I could just wake up at the end. 

I honestly haven't paid for, or seen movie in over a decade. That being said I do order on my Apple Tv a movie for some o my friends to order a movie for their yunguns. Sports, fishn, and news only, and I don't even watch fishn shows at all. 

Ishtar

Water World

Unforgiven

Any Woody Allen movie

I liked Avatar, Water World, and Gravity.  Hudson Hawk I walked out of.

Evil bong or ginger Deadman both franchises are ridiculously horrible 

Rabid and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Really? Nobody with The Big Bad Wolf on their list? “Well I guess that would be no... definitely a no”

“Uh-oh. Kid’s got an ax”.

fucking classic

Edited by Vassago

And then there’s 

Friends

i get that it’s not a movie but what a massive cucumber. 

Nice try Caliwood. Shove it right up your ass.

tomorrow forever

The only movie I walked out of was a Martin Scorsese film, Bringing Out the Dead. Horribly paced and Nick Cave made me cringe. Considering that, my answer is Battlefield Earth. 

Plan 9 From Outer Space. Saw it the week it came out.

I walked out on the Blair Witch project.

36 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

Horrible movie 

20 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Horrible movie 

Laci, does this mean you walked in on the Blair Witch Project? 

“Invasion of the body snatchers” saw this back in the 78 (8th grade) when it came out.https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=invasion+of+the+body+snatchers+1980’s&view=detail&mid=39554ABC29F530DE99BB39554ABC29F530DE99BB&FORM=VRRTAP 

just remember telling my friends how stupid the movie was back then. Haha! Great subject 😊

It follows was horrible! Got rave reviews for being scary....NO! Not even a little bit 

10 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Plan 9 From Outer Space. Saw it the week it came out.

To tie into a different thread, JRWolfe wins the "I am so old" contest if he saw this classic in a theater. :lol:

Not sure about being the worst, but "The Astronauts Wife" put me to sleep.  Also, "The Fox" from 1967.  I saw it at the drive-in somewhere around 1970 and remember it being pretty boring....but who knows.  I was at the drive-in with my girlfriend and was constantly distracted with non-movie watching activities.  ;)  In fact, looking back, I am not sure of the quality of any of the movies I saw at the drive in when I was with a girlfriend.  Actually, though I know I went to the drive-in somewhat regularly, I am having trouble remembering most of the movies we watched. Hmmmmmmm.  Wonder why?  :unsure:

Batman and Robin -- walked out. Just so bad.

Thin Red Line -- walked out. Terrence Mallick's preponderance of prattling pacifism. Nothing against pacifism, I guess. Just the messenger.

Also, hi!

The English Patient.  The directors missed several opportunities to end that turd early.

4 hours ago, LordGreybush said:

Batman and Robin -- walked out. Just so bad.

Omg, yes. Same with batman forever, just so many bad puns.

Also, I was very disappointed with the Total Recall reboot/remake.

19 hours ago, Chrissy said:

agreed, this movie had so much hype around it and turned out to be a total bust! 

2 hours ago, SydneyCoxxx said:

agreed, this movie had so much hype around it and turned out to be a total bust! 

I walked out at the end because it made me sick with all the moving. Otherwise, I think it was cool, but it reminded me of my ghosts adventures that I enjoyed as a teen.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

The third 50 Shades of Grey movie 😩 

It’s supposed to be freaky, nasty BDSM and yet they only have boring missionary sex with their clothes on most of the time 🙄