BadBoy

How Old Am I? Lemme Tell Ya...

34 posts in this topic

How old am I?

Man, I'm so old that I remember when they invented dirt.  Before that we just had rocks, it was really hard to farm.

How about you?

Edited by BadBoy

Wadsworth was still a dirt rd and I25 was a 1 lane highway each way, not much better now. There was only 1 building in DTC, PRC (Petroleum Research Corp.) and my daddy worked there. 

I-25 was called the Valley Highway. 

US36 was called the Boulder Turnpike and was a toll road.

Villa Italia (now Belmar) didn't exist.

Phone numbers began with letters and then numbers and we're party lines

A 6" snow fall in Denver would come up to my knees 😁😍

Sing Along With Mitch and Lawrence Well were kings on TV...if you had a TV

Howdy Doody and Sheriff Scotty were big for the kids

We had 4 TV channels...2, 4, 7, 9

We still listened to programs in the radio

I can remember being a kid and able to buy potassium nitrate, sulfur, and charcoal in the drug store also Mercury to rub on your pennies and make them look like dimes. Radio programs were the best

Santa Fe was two lanes and I -25 was/is called valley highway.   And the i-25 and 6th was a clover leaf interchange. And who can forget the mousetrap at I -25 and i- 70.

there were long stretches of actual open space between Cheyenne and Pueblo....

Harry Truman was President when I was born

Yeah, Harry Truman, seems familiar--but I was in shock when I was born, I couldn't speak for a year and a half!

no doubt there's quite a few of us on the back 9...

Some of you guys make me sound young (born in Ike's first term). Thankfully, I feel younger than some folks I've met who were born in Carter's term.

3 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Harry Truman was President when I was born

Try Roosevelt you guess which one

16 minutes ago, airamericavet65 said:

Try Roosevelt you guess which one

Dang, really? You were here when the Rough Riders were in fashion? ;)

The K Mart at Broadway and Bellview in now closed. I remember when it was the trash dump and Englewood and Littleton  had agentlemen's agreement about who would annex what.

When we owned the Drug Store at Bellevue and Broadway and Hghlands Ranch belonged to the Phipps family 

and I thought I was old Teasing my Younger cousins About DuckHunt!!....😂😂😂😂😂..

You guys say Oldies.

I say Goodies 😃

L.B.J. was president w/ H.H.H. as vice. I am proud of my age! 😊

2 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

L.B.J. was president w/ H.H.H. as vice. I am proud of my age! 😊

Kali, I'm a bit older than you, but like you, I have embraced my age.  For most of us, life has been a combination of wonders and many challenges.  For me, the challenges I've had over the years have help me become who I am today.  I'm also old enough to have seen many not make it to my age, for a variety of reasons.  So instead of complaining about some of the challenges of getting and being older, I celebrate that I am still in reasonable health.  Still breathing, still walking, still talking (and sometimes I even make sense), still enjoying most days......still enjoying some of the lovely ladies in our community.  And most importantly, I have people in my life who I care about who care about me.  Life can be good, at any age.

4 minutes ago, average1 said:

And most importantly, I have people in my life who I care about who care about me.  Life can be good, at any age.

Image result for gif clapping  

I remember when the Dutchman was miles outside of town in the middle of nowhere (for all of you that even know what restaurant I am talking about).  And Yum Yum Tree was a favorite haunt on the way to concerts.  And a movie theater (Century 21 ???) at the bottom of a hill coming into town was the south boundary of development.  I believe it is the one that ran "Paint your Wagon" for at least a year lol.  Hell, I remember when Pueblo was bigger than Springs and Castle Rock was a wide spot in the road with a 24 hour gas station with outside door rest room that was a hell of a pit stop on the way back home from concerts in Denver. And I-25 went thunk thunk thunk all the way from Pueblo to Denver (old style concrete pavement with crappy joints)  And this stunning and sweet blonde in my dorm complex at CU that worked in the Playboy Club in Denver ...... oh, wait ..... none of you would probably have a clue about her hehe.  Sigh.

6 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

I remember when the Dutchman was miles outside of town in the middle of nowhere (for all of you that even know what restaurant I am talking about).  And Yum Yum Tree was a favorite haunt on the way to concerts.  And a movie theater (Century 21 ???) at the bottom of a hill coming into town was the south boundary of development.  I believe it is the one that ran "Paint your Wagon" for at least a year lol.  Hell, I remember when Pueblo was bigger than Springs and Castle Rock was a wide spot in the road with a 24 hour gas station with outside door rest room that was a hell of a pit stop on the way back home from concerts in Denver. And I-25 went thunk thunk thunk all the way from Pueblo to Denver (old style concrete pavement with crappy joints)  And this stunning and sweet blonde in my dorm complex at CU that worked in the Playboy Club in Denver ...... oh, wait ..... none of you would probably have a clue about her hehe.  Sigh.

Boy, did this ring a bell!

Edited by pfunk

45 minutes ago, pfunk said:

Boy, did this ring a bell!

Clear and happy ring or sour??

51 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

And this stunning and sweet blonde in my dorm complex at CU that worked in the Playboy Club in Denver ...... oh, wait ..... none of you would probably have a clue about her hehe.  Sigh.

So I started thinking a little about said blonde (OK, more than a little) and did a casual google search and ran across this.  Holy shit! Serious holy shit!! For many reasons lol.  But perhaps of general interest also. And, yes, I believe she appears briefly.  (Have to watch again to be certain) ;) Hard (pun intended) to believe after all these years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w54zN7olHg8

2 hours ago, average1 said:

Kali, I'm a bit older than you, but like you, I have embraced my age.  For most of us, life has been a combination of wonders and many challenges.  For me, the challenges I've had over the years have help me become who I am today.  I'm also old enough to have seen many not make it to my age, for a variety of reasons.  So instead of complaining about some of the challenges of getting and being older, I celebrate that I am still in reasonable health.  Still breathing, still walking, still talking (and sometimes I even make sense), still enjoying most days......still enjoying some of the lovely ladies in our community.  And most importantly, I have people in my life who I care about who care about me.  Life can be good, at any age.

Awesomely said my Average1 friend! 

Continue to stand proud! 😘😒😍

Ha funny

Well, lets see

I'm  old enough to  Separate The Men From The Boys.

Im sure You Are A Man 💃🙆‍♂️

GrOwl, are you referring to Landry’s ? And if memory serves me correct, the Playboy club was on the top floor of the Warwick Hotel.

1 hour ago, petey-9950 said:

GrOwl, are you referring to Landry’s ? And if memory serves me correct, the Playboy club was on the top floor of the Warwick Hotel.

Same location at least but Landry's is pretty much a monstrosity aesthetically speaking compared to the Dutchman with the huge windmill facade. Playboy - yep, top of Warwick.  See youtube link in post above!