Turtle138

Time to hang it up ?

55 posts in this topic

Well at least you can talk to people everyone I have spoke to today has been rude and has told me I’m not an upscale gentleman. And the only assumption they can make is that I’m black. But I make over 1600 a week. I would say black is not in 2018

On 5/6/2018 at 10:30 AM, raul said:

The recent changes haven't helped I somehow find myself not nearly as intrigued in the ads as I once was. 

I understand, I always did put so much into my ads!! I miss doing them. However, remember, there are still websites and webpages. 

You would be surprised (maybe not), as to how many of these 'new' men here, DO NOT read websites. 

Edited by Nina Rox

1 hour ago, BadBoy said:

"I need to ask before I waste any of your time: what is your general location and how much is the donation for an hour of your time?"  I mean, really, even for the laziest of us, how hard is that to type or ask?

This. Back in the pre-interwebs days, this was how it was done. So man-up!

And ladies, if you have issues with this, maybe time to move on to other endeavors.

Hey, l am not whining just stating the facts.

There are plenty of ladies out there that are great and some have commented on this thread.

It just that without the rest of the story what may be a yes is really a no but the op may have a lower expectation of services.

Gfe may not mean the same for every lady.

I have had some girlfriends and they definitely had different ideas on that.

We just need open communication.

Thats all.

Gfe

Maybe we are all collectively consciously going through a dry spell together. :lol:

From someone who had a VERY rough start, I just have to say all the trials and tribulations were worth it,  I had my first experience, and it was truly blissful.  I met a nice lady who I plan on seeing again and some really helpful people ( providers and clients) who offered great advice.  All the negatives kinda got washed away in the end.  It may not be like it was in the good old days.  I don’t know because I wasn’t around for it.   However, on my experience, those good old days are usually a flawed memory anyway.  So for now, I plan on suiting up, taking my lumps, and finding joy where I can.

4 hours ago, Bilal101 said:

Well at least you can talk to people everyone I have spoke to today has been rude and has told me I’m not an upscale gentleman. And the only assumption they can make is that I’m black. But I make over 1600 a week. I would say black is not in 2018

Yep, it's a racist society (but you already knew that), and some of that spills over into this sport as well.  I'm not going to get into whether the ladies should or should not treat you differently (that dead horse has been well beaten here), but I can assure you that a large number of the ladies welcome AA gentlemen, you will just need to keep looking.  They are out there.

25 minutes ago, Plot said:

From someone who had a VERY rough start, I just have to say all the trials and tribulations were worth it,  I had my first experience, and it was truly blissful.  I met a nice lady who I plan on seeing again and some really helpful people ( providers and clients) who offered great advice.  All the negatives kinda got washed away in the end.  It may not be like it was in the good old days.  I don’t know because I wasn’t around for it.   However, on my experience, those good old days are usually a flawed memory anyway.  So for now, I plan on suiting up, taking my lumps, and finding joy where I can.

Be sure to ask her to give you a recommendation here - that will open the doors to more lovely ladies, and it is like a snowball rolling downhill (if you are a gentleman).

Thanks. Is there a difference between a reference and a recommendation?

3 hours ago, Plot said:

Thanks. Is there a difference between a reference and a recommendation?

Gentleman write recommendations for ladies. References are requested of the lady by the gentleman. 

That’s what I thought.   I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something.   Thanks.

22 hours ago, Rio1 said:

... Having TOB - even in its more limited status - and all of the most wonderful providers, is a great resource.  The "world wide web" still immensely helps us all.  Thank you.

^^ this ^^

Alternatively we could be trolling Colfax or Federal, wondering if that hot blond is LE or has “extra” equipment.  Will LE swoop in while you’re parked?

Print ads are out!  The RM Oyster & RM News are gone, and the Post is on the ropes.  What the hell are Yellow Pages?

Bar hookups & civilians have their own dangers and commitment issues.

Yes, things have changed. But either cut off your balls or keep playing the game!  The reproductive imperative is buried deep in your brain stem.

On 5/7/2018 at 7:11 AM, MeganMarie4u said:

Can we hang up the negativity?! EVERYBODY has had/will have BAD experiences... it's part of life... If the ladies complained on the forum as much as the gents.... they wouldn't have any clients....

I'm running out of sympathy on these posts... ALL the ladies I associate with on the board AIM to please and give the best experience possible... 

Sitting over here trying to figure out where these men are finding such bad experiences...

I hope it gets better for you! Maybe post on the forum for advice on ladies!

Xo

MeganMarie 

Well said Megan :wub:

I skimmed through every response. 

No on asked, 'What does a the best website for everyone look like?'

8 hours ago, Kishon said:

I skimmed through every response. 

No on asked, 'What does a the best website for everyone look like?'

TOB before the changes.😕

On 06/05/2018 at 4:45 AM, Turtle138 said:

Some of you will think of this as a rant but l think it's time to give this hobby a rest.

I agree with the OP. There are SPs that do last minute cancelations (within 15 min of meeting time). This is about as bad as NSNC. A better deal comes up or whoever shows up at the door first gets priority. There is no way to post reviews on them anymore.

1 hour ago, veteranhobbyist said:

I agree with the OP. There are SPs that do last minute cancelations (within 15 min of meeting time). This is about as bad as NSNC. A better deal comes up or whoever shows up at the door first gets priority. There is no way to post reviews on them anymore.

You can still post a review.  If that happens, post a review with a NO recommendation.

On 5/7/2018 at 9:10 AM, acmb2017 said:

My advice to any lady would be to get and keep up to date an actual working website. I personally despise the idea of having to call or text to get an answer on basic information. 

This is actually great advice! I just need to get off my butt and do it 😅 I’m just the WORST at tech stuff. 

43 minutes ago, jasminewaterss7 said:

This is actually great advice! I just need to get off my butt and do it 😅 I’m just the WORST at tech stuff. 

PM me! It's super easy!!

6 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

Crap, that was fast.  The site is really nice.

Thank you! I’m a quick learner 😘

I was just gonna say that website updates and maintenance is relatively easy nowadays.  

As far as the topic... remain optimistic.

On 5/7/2018 at 5:10 PM, acmb2017 said:

My take on this is I have had no time to see the ladies I know and enjoy anymore, let alone meet any of the new ones. Since all the changes I only really miss not having to ask stupid questions that were answered in the listings. My advice to any lady would be to get and keep up to date an actual working website. I personally despise the idea of having to call or text to get an answer on basic information. 

100% agree with you.  

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:46 AM, Hunter VanDyke said:

"Time to hang it up?"

My experience has always been, when I'm asking myself these kind of questions, I already know the answers. I'm usually looking for some sort of validation/confirmation. The truth is, this kind of stuff you are complaining about happens everyday in the hobby, with or without the added bullshit from all the changes. If you're unhappy hobbying these days, it's probably time to stop and focus on the things that do make you happy, or find a new hobby that will be more fulfilling for you. Whatever you decide, best wishes on your journey. Hopefully you will make it a positive one. 💙

fewer truer words have been said...

On 5/7/2018 at 7:46 AM, Hunter VanDyke said:

"Time to hang it up?"

My experience has always been, when I'm asking myself these kind of questions, I already know the answers. I'm usually looking for some sort of validation/confirmation. The truth is, this kind of stuff you are complaining about happens everyday in the hobby, with or without the added bullshit from all the changes. If you're unhappy hobbying these days, it's probably time to stop and focus on the things that do make you happy, or find a new hobby that will be more fulfilling for you. Whatever you decide, best wishes on your journey. Hopefully you will make it a positive one. 💙

Well said!

On 5/5/2018 at 9:45 PM, Turtle138 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen 

Some of you will think of this as a rant but l think it's time to give this hobby a rest.

I think I am hanging up too. Regular girl that I have been seeing for 4+ years, with more than 850+ hours together , just had a segmentation fault (IT people know what I am talking about). She says she's getting old. With COVID, it's hard to play. Not only that, it's time to chipmunk my money and save for a rainy day. This is almost my 20th anniversary as a hobbyist. My cumulative hobby spending is close to 500k (spending like a drunken sailor!), with travel and dining including for my hobbying trips to "Disneyland". I miss the "rides" in "Disneyland" as it's hard to travel now.

Happy Hobbying to TOB! I'll watch from a distance for now. I most likely will hobby again (haven't tried to quit numerous times but will be more cautious with my wallet).