BadBoy

Hey gang, it's Friday afternoon, lets go have fun...

12 posts in this topic

I absolutely love Friday afternoons.  If you also are an FAC lover, share reasons you like Friday afternoons.  I'll start:

Lovely ladies, FAC at the Hilton Harvest House in Boulder, Lovely ladies, FAC at the Broker restaurants, Lovely ladies, Leaving on weekend car trips, Lovely ladies, heading out on the backpacking trip, Lovely ladies.... sigh.

I love Friday afternoons because my ATF shows up like clock work and knocks my goddamn socks off, every damn time. I'm left breathless and re-energized. I love  Friday afternoons.

I hereby grant you the right to use the above Cure Video as "your song."

Sigh...

21 minutes ago, Winston_Smith said:

well...what the hell is FAC?  friday afternoon crap?  lol..inform me :D

Aww, jeeze, time to put the kids to bed.  FAC stands for Friday Afternoon Club, which was a longstanding Colorado tradition until about 15-20 years ago.  In the good old days (60s, 70s and 80s) all of the restaurants and bars that you would want to go to set up live bands (or DJs), free appetizer buffets, and half-price drinks on Friday afternoons from about 3:00 to 7:00 p.m..  The hope was that you would stick around for dinner and more drinks, but there was nothing stopping you from hopping from one FAC to another, sampling all the bands, appetizer buffets and hot women. When I was courting my hot young wife we always started out the weekend with some serious FAC cruising.  The ones in Boulder were often outdoors, the ones in Denver were often full of extremely hot women.  And there was dancing.  And did I mention half-price drinks?  And did I mention dancing to the bands with hot women after a few half-price drinks? I really miss FAC :(

Edited by BadBoy

1 hour ago, Cecilia said:

I love Friday afternoons because my ATF shows up like clock work and knocks my goddamn socks off, every damn time. I'm left breathless and re-energized. I love  Friday afternoons.

Thats awesome !

Everyone should have Friday afternoons like that. 

Mam, I packed up the guitars, the amps, avrack full of effects and I'm headed to the studio to lay down some tracks and have a few beers.. studio, loud music, beers and hell, who knows what else.. Friday night doesn't get any better than that

18 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Aww, jeeze, time to put the kids to bed.  FAC stands for Friday Afternoon Club, which was a longstanding Colorado tradition until about 15-20 years ago.  In the good old days (60s, 70s and 80s) all of the restaurants and bars that you would want to go to set up live bands (or DJs), free appetizer buffets, and half-price drinks on Friday afternoons from about 3:00 to 7:00 p.m..  The hope was that you would stick around for dinner and more drinks, but there was nothing stopping you from hopping from one FAC to another, sampling all the bands, appetizer buffets and hot women. When I was courting my hot young wife we always started out the weekend with some serious FAC cruising.  The ones in Boulder were often outdoors, the ones in Denver were often full of extremely hot women.  And there was dancing.  And did I mention half-price drinks?  And did I mention dancing to the bands with hot women after a few half-price drinks? I really miss FAC :(

This sounds like a freakin blast!!!! WHY haven’t they started this back up? I could tear it up every Friday. 

Why do I love Fridays? It’s the beginning of the weekend and Summer is just around the corner! Though, I’m quite envious of Cecilia....I’d love to have that happen!

15 hours ago, Cecilia said:

13 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

This sounds like a freakin blast!!!! WHY haven’t they started this back up? I could tear it up every Friday. 

Why do I love Fridays? It’s the beginning of the weekend and Summer is just around the corner! Though, I’m quite envious of Cecilia....I’d love to have that happen!

I've started a FAC of sorts up north the last few months, not as fun as what Cecilia is talking about but it kicks the weekend off!

Summer is coming, happy hours, patio drinks, 300 suns out -> olgunn's out B)

Agree with Melissa there, that sounds great. I wonder how many times now on friday afternoons when I'm having fac will I remember Cecilia having her socks knocked off.

15 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Though, I’m quite envious of Cecilia....I’d love to have that happen!

Start wearing socks? ;)

18 hours ago, Cecilia said:

But..but..but we always meet on Mondays...:P