Plot

Being New Sucks

105 posts in this topic

So, I scheduled my first date for this evening at 5 pm.  I confirmed this morning to be sure, and everything was a go.   I texted the provider to let her know I was on my way.  I got there early and texted her to let her know.   At about 4:40, I got a response saying she got held up with her mom.  Asked if I could push it back an hour.   I agreed and went to a restaurant to get something to eat.  Let her know and she responded with “OK, awesome “. Six o’clock rolled around and no text letting me know she was there. I texted and waited till 6:20, and heard nothing.  Let her know she could have just cancelled and left.   I got a text just before 7 saying her phone died and she was in her way back to the hotel.  I went back, but she never responded.   Pretty shitty first time experience, I might say.

2 minutes ago, Plot said:

So, I scheduled my first date for this evening at 5 pm.  I confirmed this morning to be sure, and everything was a go.   I texted the provider to let her know I was on my way.  I got there early and texted her to let her know.   At about 4:40, I got a response saying she got held up with her mom.  Asked if I could push it back an hour.   I agreed and went to a restaurant to get something to eat.  Let her know and she responded with “OK, awesome “. Six o’clock rolled around and no text letting me know she was there. I texted and waited till 6:20, and heard nothing.  Let her know she could have just cancelled and left.   I got a text just before 7 saying her phone died and she was in her way back to the hotel.  I went back, but she never responded.   Pretty shitty first time experience, I might say.

I hope her business practice doesn't deter you from all the beautiful ladies here!!

Xo

13 minutes ago, Plot said:

Was she a provider with good reviews? I've had similar experiences with unverified providers although I never went back after I left.

That happened to me once a few years ago, but mostly the ladies are professional. Do leave a review. If it's a one time thing, it'll be reflected. If it's a habit, then at least we'll know that, too.

She had one maybe and the rest were good reviews 

Took me a long time to get up the nerve to take the plunge.  Maybe this isn’t for me.

I'm really sorry you had this experience. I hope you'll do two things.

1) Write a now show review, to help others (pay it forward...)

2) Book ASAP with a different provider who has many good reviews. (Get back on the horse...)

Hopefully, you'll get past this! Better luck! :)

I understand providers get nervous,   If that was the case, just cancel.   Not so hard

12 minutes ago, pfunk said:

I'm really sorry you had this experience. I hope you'll do two things.

1) Write a now show review, to help others (pay it forward...)

2) Book ASAP with a different provider who has many good reviews. (Get back on the horse...)

Hopefully, you'll get past this! Better luck! :)

Yes this ^^^

49 minutes ago, Plot said:

Yikes and hopefully this doesn't stop you from exploring other pretty ladies. It's unfortunate this was your first experience! 

Sounds like my first few attempts using Back page.  Didn't work out till I met a wonderful lady from this board.  If she generally has good reviews maybe she just had one of those afternoons when nothing goes right.

Very sad that your first experience has to be one in which you we're apparently mistreated. Unfortunately this does happen. You seem should be handling this with a good measure of understanding. Don't allow the disappointment that you must have in your first time experience overshadow the potential for enjoyment that the future can hold. Keep working and searching for the one that you would like to be with and continue to do it with the grace you have shown. Good luck in your future efforts

It's ok the number of good providers definitely out weigh the bad just have to try again it's best to always research a provider before scheduling an appointment

WAAAAY back when, I had three back to back  first time experiences like this.  Shake the dust off your feet and dive in to the pool of lovelies in Denver.

Yeah, not the best way to start. Sometimes things like that happen. A "no show" sometimes happens for very good reasons, we are all human beings. Or... maybe she got second feelings about you for some reason. Or, she really doesn't do a good job. Who knows, just be patient and always kind.

Awww... I am so sorry! I really do hope you can try again. Maybe, it was best, she may not have been a good fit for you. 

17 minutes ago, Bora Bora said:

Yeah, not the best way to start. Sometimes things like that happen. A "no show" sometimes happens for very good reasons, we are all human beings. Or... maybe she got second feelings about you for some reason. Or, she really doesn't do a good job. Who knows, just be patient and always kind.

I understand providers get nervous,   If that was the case, just cancel.   Not so hard

10 hours ago, Plot said:

Took me a long time to get up the nerve to take the plunge.  Maybe this isn’t for me.

Leave a review, and jump back in. Perhaps she wasn't meant to be your "first" and something better is in store for you. 😘

Plot, you've been a member over a year. Don't overthink it! Rather than stew over this one, jump back in and make a different YL the first. Get back on that horse and don't sweat a little bump in the road! 

As others have said, sorry this happened to you.  It sucks when communication is lacking.  Luckily, there are some wonderfully fantastic ladies who communicate well and can help salve any wounds from your last (almost) encounter.  For me, when someone has gone silent or does not respond, she is probably someone I might not have a great time with. 

She deleted her profile.  It seems I am unable to leave a review because of a lack of an alternative website

11 hours ago, Plot said:

Hang in there Plot, I am sure that made your skin boil and all. Trust me, it has happened to the majority of us before so I feel your pain. I am about to take you to the movie called "Top Gun". Remember when Maverick lost his buddy Goose, well he went up a few more times before he was able to get back to where he was.........So Maverick, get back in the saddle and engage buddy............

9 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

She probably couldn't get away from her mom.

And again, a simple cancellation would have been so easy.  

1 hour ago, Plot said:

And again, a simple cancellation would have been so easy.  

I had two NSNC and two cancelled Apt yesterday, I feel your pain, but I never let that take away the excitement for my next amazing clients.  This happens to us all, just find your new first!

So sorry! This kind of crap from certain ladies makes the rest us have to work harder!!! Plot, you’re 100% correct, a simple phone call would be nice. I hate it when guys pull this shit, so I always call!  Now then, get back on your horse and try again!!! 

12 hours ago, pfunk said:

Write a now show review, to help others (pay it forward...)

And how will he do that?

Here’s another one I saw a ad stating ‘over 50 reviews’. How misleading is that.

Get used to it, get over it, move on. NEXT! It happens far more than you will ever know or guys will ever review. Let me clue you in on something: Only a tiny fraction of the clients and providers post on these Forums. reading these posts therefore gives you an unrealistic view. The simple fact is, there are a hell of a lot of flaky ass people in this gig, both clients AND providers. That was true prior to recent events, and is more so now...at least temporarily. That was your first time being  "blown-off", and if you stay with it, not your last. Accept that reality as just part of the hobby. 

It really sucks when this happens, but it has nothing to do with being new.  I've been doing this for over 10 years and it still happens once in a while.  Stick it out.  It will get better.