CallieVane

Feeling Dreary Like the Weather!

31 posts in this topic

Hello, all! 

I'm feeling a bit down today and I've found that often times my mood likes to mirror the weather. Any suggestions on activities to do or places to see that might elevate one's spirits a bit? All suggestions are welcomed and appreciated! Thank you. :)  

I will take you to eat Mexican and have a margarita.:D

Edited by Laci French

I’m sorry the dreary weather has you feeling a bit down, Miss Callie. For me, such weather actually inspires a desire to feel the warmth of a beautiful woman in my arms as we listen to the rain gently falling against the windows. 

But if you are looking for something beautiful to inspire you, may I suggest the remarkable Edgar Degas exhibition at the Denver Art Museum that runs through the end of May:  

https://theknow.denverpost.com/2017/04/26/denver-art-museum-degas-exhibit/142420/

“Degas: A Passion for Perfection” will run Feb. 11-May 28, 2018, following its debut at the Fitzwilliam Museum at the University of Cambridge, in the U.K. The Denver exhibit will include more than 100 works including paintings, drawings, pastels, etchings, monotypes and sculptures in bronze, ranging from 1855 to 1906, that express Degas’ long-running themes and obsessions.“ 

7 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Laci, it's a date! And quite an honor! :) 

10 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Certainly not as good as eating Laci .... err, I mean WITH Laci ...... but try this for a smile

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/whats-hot/elderly-dog-stayed-by-missing-toddlers-side-until-she-was-rescued/ar-AAwf1ES?li=BBnbfcL

Thank you, Gr8owl! This definitely brightened my day! :) 

Somebody told me that the Creatures of Life Exhibition at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science is awesome.

3-Jellyfish.jpg?format=1500w

42 minutes ago, CallieVane said:

Careful what you ask for. Even you've never seen Laci eat...it's not pretty :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

Careful what you ask for. Even you've never seen Laci eat...it's not pretty :rolleyes:

I can't imagine anything the beautiful Laci does isn't absolutely gorgeous! Maybe I'll just have to see it for my own eyes! ;) 

15 minutes ago, Bora Bora said:

Somebody told me that the Creatures of Life Exhibition at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science is awesome.

Oh, my gosh! Now this looks amazing! Anything with bright colors automatically attracts me! I've been dying to see the Dead Sea Scrolls as well. I was a stuffy history major in college so it's right up my alley! :) 

1 hour ago, CallieVane said:

Hello, all! 

I'm feeling a bit down today and I've found that often times my mood likes to mirror the weather. Any suggestions on activities to do or places to see that might elevate one's spirits a bit? All suggestions are welcomed and appreciated! Thank you. :)  

Dead Sea Scrolls are so much fun. But it is crowded so beware and also, start from the back if you go. It's worth reading everything. Degas is also incredible at the art museum. And the Art Hotel is close by for a bite to eat and awesome cocktail or glass of wine. 

12 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

FEED ME😂 Got my muumuu on and getting stretches done. 

What a fascinating looking exhibit. 

9 minutes ago, CallieVane said:

Oh, my gosh! Now this looks amazing! Anything with bright colors automatically attracts me! I've been dying to see the Dead Sea Scrolls as well. I was a stuffy history major in college so it's right up my alley! :) 

Me too! I've been trying to go to both of them!!

17 minutes ago, CallieVane said:

I can't imagine anything the beautiful Laci does isn't absolutely gorgeous! Maybe I'll just have to see it for my own eyes! ;) 

She uses the "See Food" method, chews with her mouth open and talking at the same time LOL. 

8 minutes ago, Zelda Runner said:

Dead Sea Scrolls are so much fun. But it is crowded so beware and also, start from the back if you go. It's worth reading everything. Degas is also incredible at the art museum. And the Art Hotel is close by for a bite to eat and awesome cocktail or glass of wine. 

Oh, snap! I didn't realize the Degas exhibit was in town too. :)  I trained my whole childhood to be a ballerina (then I was blessed with my bust and wearing leotards became almost obscene) and I always loved Degas' works. They're so sensual! Thank you so much for informing me! 

8 minutes ago, Bora Bora said:

Me too! I've been trying to go to both of them!!

I have the Dead Sea Scrolls planned for tomorrow because I'm an old woman in a young body and never go to the clubs on Friday nights! Maybe we'll have to go to the Blinded by the Light exhibit together. ;) 

Also: 

14 minutes ago, Laci French said:

FEED ME😂 Got my muumuu on and getting stretches done. 

What a fascinating looking exhibit. 

Laci, you're just the absolute best! 💕

6 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

She uses the "See Food" method, chews with her mouth open and talking at the same time LOL. 

I also am a fan of the "See food" method. I see food, I eat it. 😂

7 minutes ago, CallieVane said:

Oh, snap! I didn't realize the Degas exhibit was in town too. :)  I trained my whole childhood to be a ballerina (then I was blessed with my bust and wearing leotards became almost obscene) and I always loved Degas' works. They're so sensual! Thank you so much for informing me! 

No problem and it's so worth going too! Went to it twice and the ballet art is his best but it really tells his entire life story becoming an artist. And Denver is the only city in the USA to get it! 

26 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

You forgot to mention the shovel she uses :lol::D:lol::D

I swear Laci has a hollow leg or 2

The rain does tend to make my mood change as well. Of course being on call for a month may be the issue too.

I say take Laci to the light show and then go for mexican food and margaritas would brighten your day.

56 minutes ago, acmb2017 said:

The rain does tend to make my mood change as well. Of course being on call for a month may be the issue too.

I say take Laci to the light show and then go for mexican food and margaritas would brighten your day.

I ran out of reputation points to give, but that does sound like a fun plan. I'm sorry to hear you've been on call for so long. :( hopefully you get a break soon. 

6 hours ago, Laci French said:

Laci, I'm not Mexican, but I can speak a little Spanish, would that qualify?  If so, I'll bring margaritas for three.

43 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Laci, I'm not Mexican, but I can speak a little Spanish, would that qualify?  If so, I'll bring margaritas for three.

It counts in my book! :) 

1 hour ago, BadBoy said:

Make that four.... I am definitely coming!!

7 hours ago, CallieVane said:

Count me in girls.... Today, was the day that nothing seemed to work...

9 hours ago, CallieVane said:

Hello, all! 

You can always come have a beer with me 🍻

8 hours ago, Bora Bora said:

Great Recommendation! Thanks Bora Bora! 

8 hours ago, CallieVane said:

It was pretty cool. Now I need to find time in my schedule to see the Dead Sea Scrolls and watch some IMAX. If you are a Harry Potter fan, they are showing them at the IMAX there too. Can't remember the details, but I read it on their newsletter.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard