valconxen

Sex Worker treated as second class people

10 posts in this topic

I read this article and I found it interesting.  This might be preaching to the coir, but nice to see positive stories in the mainstream media.  The comment section of the article proves the article.  People say the most terrible things about sex workers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unfiltered-society-treats-sex-workers-second-class-citizens-001723120.html

14 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Good thing our self worth isn’t based on what others think. 

All of you ladies and beautiful and special...just the way you are. 

^^^this^^^  Wouldn’t you know it I ran out of Reps.😎

Megan sweetheart can I borrow some from you!🙂

Edited by a_happycamper_12
Additional info

I will second HappyCamper's comment!  I always feel the girls are on a different level than myself, that being a higher one!  I have great respect for all they do and the joy they me.

BR

Yikes @ the ignorance in the comments. Not as violent as I expected but I didn't scroll very long either as I have better things to do :)

And I don't mean ignorance as in "these people need prayer", but mostly the comments along the lines of "well how can a SW expect respect or success when she's making 'immoral choices'?"  

25 minutes ago, Violet Lovely said:

Yikes @ the ignorance in the comments. Not as violent as I expected but I didn't scroll very long either as I have better things to do :)

And I don't mean ignorance as in "these people need prayer", but mostly the comments along the lines of "well how can a SW expect respect or success when she's making 'immoral choices'?"  

LIke I said the comments prove the article.  The only way to get laws change is to get people to see SW as same as everyone else.  There are good and bad people in this industry just like everyplace else.  There are women that do this and feel fulfilled and there are women that do this out of desperation.  This is same everywhere.  They are not any different than a factory worker, people on wall street, and people that work at fast food.

1 minute ago, valconxen said:

LIke I said the comments prove the article.  The only way to get laws change is to get people to see SW as same as everyone else.  There are good and bad people in this industry just like everyplace else.  There are women that do this and feel fulfilled and there are women that do this out of desperation.  This is same everywhere.  They are not any different than a factory worker, people on wall street, and people that work at fast food.

100% exactly. 

1 hour ago, valconxen said:

It's very hard to be open about this with friends and family. Although, I really try to be. I'm not ashamed, or feel any kind of negative way about my profession, the hard part is getting your friends and family on board to come out with what I do without feeling ashamed or judged. It's a rough subject. I'm just hoping I can break the stigma within my own circle.  Its not much but its a start. 

6 hours ago, Laci French said:

Good thing our self worth isn’t based on what others think. 

All of you ladies and beautiful and special...just the way you are. 

Absolutely right.  I hope my self worth is based on how I treat other people and how I treat myself.  I remember a line I read in a book a number of years ago.  It went something like, "How do you get self worth, self esteem and self respect?.....Do the next right thing....and remember that you did the next right thing...and then keep repeating the pattern !!"

I'll repeat what I've said in another post.  I've met some great ladies on this site who are also wonderful people (and sexy as all get out).  So I hope the ladies here know how special they are to some of us.  

21 hours ago, valconxen said:

I read this article and I found it interesting.  This might be preaching to the coir, but nice to see positive stories in the mainstream media.  The comment section of the article proves the article.  People say the most terrible things about sex workers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unfiltered-society-treats-sex-workers-second-class-citizens-001723120.html

Agree it is interesting. Comments show a lot of intolerance and narrow minds still rule society. No matter what profession someone is in, they deserve respect.