Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mistermogget

I Wonder If This Is a Good Thing

14 posts in this topic

I was a casual BP guy for a few years, and I think it's a good thing for me and some of the providers I saw that it shut down. A lot of the providers I had contact with have just stopped seeing clients, and I wonder if they're just moving on with their lives. Some of them seemed pretty strung out, and I hope this change shook them up enough to try a straighten their lives out. Me on the other hand...maybe it'll help me stop being so compulsive. I never planned, never researched, I just sent out texts and hooked up with whoever was available, though I often wimped out. When I did go through with it sometimes it was great, but sometimes it was REALLY bad. I still have a few connections, but I don't know what I'm gonna do when they move on. I have no references, no p411, and tend only to want to see someone on impulse. Ah well, hopefully I'll figure things out.

Cheers :)

I think you could still drive down Colfax and see someone on impulse.

BTW, it is always bad to introduce yourself to the ladies here as a guy who "often wimps out" after making a date.  That is the most unpopular sort of fellow in these parts.

Not sure what to think of the OP post.

Kinda assuming most of the ladies are pimped out self-medicating ho-s? Only interested in bargain basement self-medicating ho-s? Woe is me due to choices made in the past and can't see the more sophisticated ladies?

The board is so openly confusing these days... definitely not a fan of men who "wimp out" would you be happy to show up and a girl "wimp out"... 🤷‍♀️

I hope you do research!! And find some lovely Newbie friendly providers to get your references going!

Xo 

MeganMarie 

Wow! Another Backpage pooner strikes again🤣🤣🤣 

wonder if these new guys are ever going to figure out that this isn’t Back page and that we ladies of TOB aren’t the strung out girls up all night types, just waiting for the next score they keep referencing. 

HEY NEW GUYS! Leave your perceptions and stereotypes at the door! 

Not vicious,  just honest. Just because its called hobby-ing, doesn't mean its a game.

No I think vicious is appropriate, though honest is just as right. For the wimping out thing, sometimes meeting someone off BP was dangerous, once I even had a gun pulled on me. If I showed up for a meet and didn't like the situation I'd bail, I think that's fair. As for thinking all the girls are "pimped out self-medicating ho-s", that's not what I think, but it was my experience at times, though not always. BP was fun, but it was also super sketchy, and the only experience I've had with this sort of thing. I'm gonna miss it, but I also think it's good in some ways that it's gone.

On 4/30/2018 at 1:03 AM, mistermogget said:

I was a casual BP guy for a few years, and I think it's a good thing for me and some of the providers I saw that it shut down. A lot of the providers I had contact with have just stopped seeing clients, and I wonder if they're just moving on with their lives. Some of them seemed pretty strung out, and I hope this change shook them up enough to try a straighten their lives out. Me on the other hand...maybe it'll help me stop being so compulsive. I never planned, never researched, I just sent out texts and hooked up with whoever was available, though I often wimped out. When I did go through with it sometimes it was great, but sometimes it was REALLY bad. I still have a few connections, but I don't know what I'm gonna do when they move on. I have no references, no p411, and tend only to want to see someone on impulse. Ah well, hopefully I'll figure things out.

red: good for providers - yeah, because major loss of income is always great and especially when it came too quick to make other plans.

blue: You might want to re-word cause as is it sounds like cause and effect :P

5 hours ago, BadBoy said:

I think you could still drive down Colfax and see someone on impulse.

BTW, it is always bad to introduce yourself to the ladies here as a guy who "often wimps out" after making a date.  That is the most unpopular sort of fellow in these parts.

I disagree... I don't think he " wimped out" to be a dick or play games ... I think the backpage scene was built from impulsive behavior, and maybe he saved himself some real trouble by listening to his gut when it came down to it? Maybe he's smarter than most... Who knows 😉

On 4/30/2018 at 1:03 AM, mistermogget said:

I don't know, maybe it's just the full moon, but I appreciate your post, maybe wasn't worded the best, but I think I get where you were going with it... When I first started, I was only on Backpage, and then I found TOB, when BP took out certain sections overnight and I panicked. I did both TOB and BP for awhile, after I figured out how to navigate the new BP format, and in the end, just TOB because BP got crazy.  Finding TOB changed the way I did things, who I saw, and above all improved my life in this world 100%. All of this is what you make of it, and if you look for the positive, you will always find it and prosper, which is what I feel like you are doing mistermogget.  Maybe just choose your words better 😂😂😂😘

When I first first started in this, and didn't know any better,  I was not completely in control of my listings, what was said to potential clients about me, my pictures, ect ( I was not Independent)... I did outcalls only, from 8pm-5am, and would get texted an address, and told a time frame , that's it... I would show up to said address, and sure as hell, sometimes turn right around and leave, for various reasons, use your imagination. So I guess I am also guilty of wimping out 😉. Sometimes there's a good reason, there is an ugly side to this as well. Just my experience. 

Edited by Emily Jordan

31 minutes ago, Emily Jordan said:

When I first first started in this, and didn't know any better,  I was not completely in control of my listings, what was said to potential clients about me, my pictures, ect ( I was not Independent)... I did outcalls only, from 8pm-5am, and would get texted an address, and told a time frame , that's it... I would show up to said address, and sure as hell, sometimes turn right around and leave, for various reasons, use your imagination. So I guess I am also guilty of wimping out 😉. Sometimes there's a good reason, there is an ugly side to this as well. Just my experience. 

I just love your honesty Emily. I also, love hearing your experiences. I feel its just good for the hobby overall to hear differing perspectives, and where people are coming from and why. Plus, let's face it, we don't always communicate in a way everyone can understand. What I do know is the ones who get what you're saying are the ones you want to communicate with and meet. It's good to be honest in your comments because there are many hobbyists out there that really relate to what you have to say. Many do not participate on the board. But they do read and listen, and want to connect.