Rockin Colorado

Loose 1-3" of fat in 32min.

23 posts in this topic

Has anyone done red light therapy? Does it work and is it worth it?  

Physics says if you want to lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you consume.

While exercise can improve your base metabolism over time, an individual workout, even a hard one, only burns a couple slices of bread worth of calories.

The easiest way to lose weight is to reduce your calories consumed. Each 3500 calories you give up equals one pound of weight loss. So if your body uses 2000 calories a day, and you cut back to 1500 calories per day, you will lose about a pound a week.

Get more fiber and protein in your diet, and cut back on addictive simple sugars and starches. That will help you feel full longer and eat less. Reduce portion sizes. Count calories.

There are no shortcuts. Physics isn't just a good idea... It's the law! If it were easy, Americans wouldn't be so fat.

Anyone that promises instant weight loss is probably just going to try to dehydrate you. But I'm sure you would prefer to lose excess fat, not water that your body needs to survive. Unless it's just a complete scam, which "light therapy" almost certainly is.

No, but have read a fair amount on the Red Light Therapy. The best way to lose weight and stay healthy is a lifestyle change. 

4 hours ago, Zelda Runner said:

No, but have read a fair amount on the Red Light Therapy. The best way to lose weight and stay healthy is a lifestyle change. 

Zelda, the last thing you need to do is loose weight.

1 hour ago, leigeois said:

Zelda, the last thing you need to do is loose weight.

That was just input on the initial post. And thank you for the kind words! 

10 minutes ago, geecue2 said:

Personally have lost at least 70 lbs since the week before Thanksgiving. Cut carbs and sugars, barely considered a diabetic now. When I went in for my last doctor visit, doctor told me she was impressed, told her yes me too, lol. Working out every other day, when possible. 

Very Good For You!:D

18 minutes ago, geecue2 said:

Personally have lost at least 70 lbs since the week before Thanksgiving. Cut carbs and sugars, barely considered a diabetic now. When I went in for my last doctor visit, doctor told me she was impressed, told her yes me too, lol. Working out every other day, when possible. 

👐👐 way to go!! That's amazing!

1 hour ago, geecue2 said:

Cut carbs and sugars

8 hours ago, Zelda Runner said:

The best way to lose weight and stay healthy is a lifestyle change. 

These.

In addition to cutting carbs/sugar, lay off the diet sodas. Last couple of years, more and more studies pointing to artificial sweeteners are no better than real sugar in that the body gets tricked into believing you are taking in real sugar, so, getting same bad results.

Cut the eating out. Most places' menu will be, at minimum, half a day's worth of calories. Add in the fats, sugars, salt you get in that, just bad news.

And processed foods. Anything from a box, bag. Like eating out, full of sugars, salt, fats.

Lots of food tracking apps for phones out there. Been using "Lose It!" of late and been happy with it. Extensive database of foods, ability to add your workouts to it. Gives one more than an idea of how bad they were on watching their food intake. I use MotionX GPS to track my running workouts. No fitness watches or trackers as my phone has a fairly good pedometer in it, the MotionX app works great for time/distance/speed/elevation. And none of the fitness gadgets can track gym (i.e. weights) workouts, so have not seen the need for those. I do augment MotionX with MapMyRun to get an idea of calorie burn (though Lose It! tracks pretty close when plugging in time/distance/speed).

Or keep it simple, just jot down the food you eat and your weight, be it a note pad, spreadsheet. That way can get an idea what you did that might be contributing to any gains.

And avoid late night snacks: not going to burn it off while sleeping.

Of course, just my $0.02. Not a doctor. Have to stayed at Holiday Inn Express of late.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

I have also cut out carbs, sugars, starches, etc.  and have lost about 40lbs since xmas, have about 25 to go.  geecue2 style!  (congrats to you)   Plus added in some serious exercising via spin classes to "enhance" my mountain biking fun.    so hat's off to all those who go "low carb"  or keto...it works!   i think it's kinda boring but wth i feel a lot better and look better too!  

p.s. i could not resist a fully ripe navel orange the other day...cheated but it was almost better than sex...almost...LOL.  

And if you mix in fairly heavy and intense weight lifting, you not only will ward off old age, but it boosts testosterone production (I.e. lose the blue pills).

12 hours ago, Winston_Smith said:

I have also cut out carbs, sugars, starches, etc.  and have lost about 40lbs since xmas, have about 25 to go.  geecue2 style!  (congrats to you)   Plus added in some serious exercising via spin classes to "enhance" my mountain biking fun.    so hat's off to all those who go "low carb"  or keto...it works!   i think it's kinda boring but wth i feel a lot better and look better too!  

p.s. i could not resist a fully ripe navel orange the other day...cheated but it was almost better than sex...almost...LOL.  

The keto is awesome, and it isn't boring. On Pinterest, you can download hundreds of keto friendly recipes of lots of food (even keto bread you can make)that you enjoy. It is when you stick with a few sets of food that it starts to get boring.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I've known people who have tried it, but it was suppose to smooth out cellulite. I heard that it worked, but ehhhh.... I'm with the others. It's 70% diet, and 30% exercise. And to the others sentiment, if you lift weights or do some type of HIIT, and build muscle, your body will increase metabolism. 

Wow, Geecue!!! Congrats on your hard work!!!

6 hours ago, BadBoy said:

And if you mix in fairly heavy and intense weight lifting, you not only will ward off old age, but it boosts testosterone production (I.e. lose the blue pills).

I know!!! but until lately i lack the motivation.   But I need to kick myself in the a$$ and get going...

5 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

The keto is awesome, and it isn't boring. On Pinterest, you can download hundreds of keto friendly recipes of lots of food (even keto bread you can make)that you enjoy. It is when you stick with a few sets of food that it starts to get boring.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

thanks Samantha for the tip, i have not really researched keto...I'm doing more atkins low carb.   I will research keto and might switch!

Yeah so I'm in great shape. I'm a colorado native who loves all outdoor sports, I bike, climb, kayak, fly fish... I'm also very familiar with physics I received my B.S. from Regis University... that being said I was a skeptic about body contouring; however, I did my research and decided to give it a try! There has been a significant amount of scholarly research published over the last 15 years on the benefits of light therapy. I have found it's used in physical therapy a great deal after injuries and that there is very little if any negative impact if administered correctly. Anyways I won't science you to death however the largest of the visible light wave lengths worked wonders on my body I feel great my skin is tighter and my curves are sexier-plain and simplly this is amazing if your trying to tone up and get sexy for that sexy little suit girls I absolutely recommend it!!! Oh and guys too don't mean to sound sexist and also congrats to everyone who posted about their positive lifestyle changes more power to you!!! I just had to share cuz this is so exciting for me I love love love it it's painless quick even relaxing and has made a huge difference in just my first treatment i have 5 more to go I'll keep everyone posted!!!

Edited by Rockin Colorado
Added a shout out and congrats

well, Rockin, if that treatment helped create those cute dimples...then i am all for it!  :rolleyes:

Absolutely, I feel like these sexy little dimples are even sexier because of red light therapy. I did it at Absolute Beauty Solutions off like Ward Rd. and I-70!!! Love Love it im going to get another treatment today and will report the results or check them out for your self...lol

I just might have to take you up on the "check them out for myself" idea...hmmm...:)

On 4/28/2018 at 7:35 AM, SultryKitten said:

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Keto “lifestyle” change here too. I am down in weight too 34 lbs. 

May I suggest :

Dr. Eric  Berg DC on Youtube

way to go Geecue!!!!!

On 4/26/2018 at 10:47 AM, Rockin Colorado said:

Has anyone done red light therapy? Does it work and is it worth it?  

so excited did my second week of Red Light Therapy at Absolute Beauty and OMG my skin is tighter and more radiant I saw amazing results both times and will continue going. All the girls were great and i was very comfortable. this was just what I needed and i would recommend it to everyone working on weight loss, skin tightening, or just the appearance of lines and cellulite... PM me for details on them