gr8owl

Truck stops - maybe not Anyone hear of this one?

17 posts in this topic

They have their own language and a harder hustle than most  :)

lot lizards will unite & continue to keep our valuable Truckers alive for another 10000+ miles!;)... I can't get my favorite shampoo with out them!! Respect ladies- our toiletries depend on it ..

Edited by Chrissy

Hey, if we can turn our kids into Brown Shirts for the War on Drugs (DARE), why not train truckers into troopers for the War on Sex.  Just remember that 90% of human trafficking is not related to the sex trade.

LOL great now I'm gonna have the theme from Smokey and the Bandit stuck in my head all day.

I must be missing something.  Where the hell is all this egregious trafficking going on?  I never hear about anything but according to the gub'mint and all the NGOs its an epidemic.  Obviously anyone that is forced to do anything against their will is abhorrent and if all this trafficking is going on it needs to be stopped.  But again, where the heck is all this happening in Colorado?

4 hours ago, Chrissy said:

They have their own language and a harder hustle than most  :)

lot lizards will unite & continue to keep our valuable Truckers alive for another 10000+ miles!;)... I can't get my favorite shampoo with out them!! Respect ladies- our toiletries depend on it ..

Your so funny!! Pragmatic too.

1 hour ago, lonewolf842 said:

LOL great now I'm gonna have the theme from Smokey and the Bandit stuck in my head all day.

I must be missing something.  Where the hell is all this egregious trafficking going on?  I never hear about anything but according to the gub'mint and all the NGOs its an epidemic.  Obviously anyone that is forced to do anything against their will is abhorrent and if all this trafficking is going on it needs to be stopped.  But again, where the heck is all this happening in Colorado?

My suspicion would be massage spas, cleaning services, and construction labor.

Also, I think it's more about getting people here using illegal means, and cheating them out of promised wages, more than forced labor. 

Edited by pfunk
Add a thought

^^^^This.

Also, since middle of the country with four interstates converging, a bit of a transportation nexus no matter direction headed in the USA. Example, how the I-25 corridor had tons of out-of-state ladies advertising on Backpage (hop off an interstate for a day or two before moving on).

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Hey, if we can turn our kids into Brown Shirts for the War on Drugs (DARE), why not train truckers into troopers for the War on Sex.  Just remember that 90% of human trafficking is not related to the sex trade.

I would put that number closer to 99%.

54 minutes ago, valconxen said:

I would put that number closer to 99%.

While my gut agrees with your assessment, statistics (flawed though they might be) put the number closer to 90% world wide.

Remember, all the YL in the stable busted last week in CoS get put into the “trafficked sex worker” category. On the other side of the coin are sweat shops, agricultural workers, etc.  There was an expose a few years ago about slavery in nail salon industry.  At what point in substandard wages does an illegal immigrant become trafficked?

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

While my gut agrees with your assessment, statistics (flawed though they might be) put the number closer to 90% world wide.

Remember, all the YL in the stable busted last week in CoS get put into the “trafficked sex worker” category. On the other side of the coin are sweat shops, agricultural workers, etc.  There was an expose a few years ago about slavery in nail salon industry.  At what point in substandard wages does an illegal immigrant become trafficked?

It is not wage based.  If a large corporation pays minimum wage (i.e. way below a living wage) to its slaves (employees), it is not trafficking.  If a young lady wishes to make $300 per hour without benefitting a large corporation, it is trafficking.

When I was 16 -19 I worked in a Truck Stop in Commerce City (which explains a lot about me), and I always volunteered for the night shift since it paid better.  Every night the boss would go out and do a midnight parking lot "sweep"  to ask the ladies to please leave.  He didn't really care, but just needed to make the effort before witnesses, so that the Truck Stop would not be charged with facilitating.

Most of the time after they were rousted from a truck cab, the ladies would come into the restaurant for a cup of coffee or snack, and if I was on break we would chat.  I learned a lot about the world in those late-night truck-stop conversations - most of them were really nice gals, none were pimped and I am pretty sure none were trafficked.

On the other hand, truckers see everything and would be valuable assets for finding true and actual traffickers, I frankly think it is a good idea.

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Remember, all the YL in the stable busted last week in CoS 

There were four johns and one pimp busted.  No ladies and certainly no "stable".  Just sayin'.

36 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

finding true and actual traffickers, I frankly think it is a good idea.

And therein lies the rub.  Actual abusive, forced trafficking and ten times so if under age involved, hell yes find and bust all the pimps involved, rescue the abused, etc.  I absolutely support those efforts.  Sadly, most of what gets done and trumpeted is NOT that. 

As best as I can tell the largest numbers and treated very poorly are agriculture and house keeping.  But laws are set up and passed to FACILITATE those.

My point was simply that truckers could have turned in working girls at any time, don't do it, and that won't change.  I actually trust them to know the difference, and they go into agricultural facilities and other places where they might see actual trafficking.  Having spent so much time with truckers, I respect their common sense and think they will really be a positive force.

Wouldn't surprise me that some of the new truckers use what they learn in class to spot the best ladies to make their long hauls more pleasurable.