sparkey600

Something Lighter, It's Much Needed.....

46 posts in this topic

I've had about as much negative information on here than I can handle for the next lifetime. (although a lot of it is warranted I agree)

Getting back to possibly a fun time like we had before the BP episode and we all started talking about how "this is the end" and worrying about things that were out of our control, we used to have a couple of fun conversations now and again. In that lighter spirit, I have to ask you all........

When you were a kid, what was your absolute favorite cartoon that you would NEVER MISS every Saturday morning while you enjoyed a (gasp) big ass bowl of Cap'n Crunch with (gasp) Crunch berries? Something else was your fave??? Please respond, I'm sure we'd all like to know? :)

Me, easy.... Scooby- Doo, Where Are You? The rest of you? Be careful because if you answer "The Flintstones" I think you might be calling yourselves out! Just kidding of course!

Time for a little aside and maybe much needed fun like we used to have!

Thanks in advance to responding to this!  :)

You are farrrr younger than I am. Friday nights the Flinstones, Saturday am the Jetsons. Oh mercy, I'm old. 

Hey, BooBoo, life is like a pick-a-nick basket, you never know what you are going to get.

4 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Hey, BooBoo, life is like a pick-a-nick basket, you never know what you are going to get.

Who could forget Yogi Bear!

Ironically perhaps Woody Woodpecker.

Fog Horn Leghorn

He-Man and Thunder Cats

but can’t remember was it Saturday? I just remember I always wanted to look like Skeletor

She-ra: Princess of Power (twin sister of He-man -- Master of the Universe)

...not a cartoon but I loved Punky Brewster,

...and did you notice Molly Ringwald was on Drip the Mic (s2,e2) ??   *She really can sing!*

I "grew up" on radio.  Before I could read,  my Sunday morning was spent with the SF Chronicle comics section and KCBS radio on.  A local personality would read the comics on air and I'd follow along.  Those of you who predate Gutenberg or Marconi feel free to wade in.  

52 minutes ago, Leonalune said:

She-ra: Princess of Power (twin sister of He-man -- Master of the Universe)

...not a cartoon but I loved Punky Brewster,

...and did you notice Molly Ringwald was on Drip the Mic (s2,e2) ??   *She really can sing!*

Punky Brewster... damn, you took me back in time. Was that back in the days of Fraggle Rock and Labrynth, David Bowie’s rockstar hair, weird guys having sex with Mannequins and Jennifer Connelly’s perfect Irish ass.  

Those were the days ...

BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!!!!

8 minutes ago, Vassago said:

Jennifer Connelly’s perfect Irish ass.  

Wow, she was hot!!

IMG_20180422_054057.jpg

For me it was speed buggy , loved to watch that car get out of trouble..lol.

And who can forget Blinkies fun club ,that was the home of Mighty Mouse...

Then there is the immortal Scoobie doo ..I always wanted to know what made scoobie snacks so good that  scoobie and shaggy would become fearless when offered the treat 

1 hour ago, Happymon said:

...  Those of you who predate Gutenberg or Marconi feel free to wade in.  

Lil’ Abner, Prince Valiant, & Katz’n Jammer Kids

When we finally got the little round tube, Sky King, Rin Tin Tin, & Arthur Godfrey,

Edited by Bit Banger

Popeye, Auggie Doggy and Doggy Daddy, Mr Peabody (wayback machine), Mighty Mouse.

Superman

I still watch the Rifleman on Saturday mornings.

Star Blazers.  Seemed like half the neighborhood would show up at my house every day it was on to watch it, even kids 4-5 years older than me.

Made me happy to get the live action version of Yamamato a couple years back...

Glad you kids had fun with your TV shows didn't have a TV in my house when I was growing up we listened to the radio lots of good shows gangbusters, The Shadow, Gunsmoke we're all fun to listen to. Having fun was what it was all about then and should be what it's all about now

What ............. no Rocky and Bullwinkle????

18 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Pink Panther and Flinstones with Lucky Charms

Yes! and don't forget Deputy Dawg with Quisp cereal............................

Image result for deputy dog

1 hour ago, airamericavet65 said:

Glad you kids had fun with your TV shows didn't have a TV in my house when I was growing up we listened to the radio lots of good shows gangbusters, The Shadow, Gunsmoke we're all fun to listen to. Having fun was what it was all about then and should be what it's all about now

William Conrad was the voice of Gunsmoke on the radio.  He went to school with someone I knew.  When he played "Cannon" he was a private eye who was also quite a cook.  According to the person I knew, he was really into cooking in college.

I have a number of cartoons I remember, but also liked the reruns of Flash Gordon and watching Sky King.  Thanks for lightening the mood.

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

Pink Panther and Flinstones with Lucky Charms

Flinstones was one of my favorite as well as the futuristic "The Jetsons".

13 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

I've had about as much negative information on here than I can handle for the next lifetime. (although a lot of it is warranted I agree)

Getting back to possibly a fun time like we had before the BP episode and we all started talking about how "this is the end" and worrying about things that were out of our control, we used to have a couple of fun conversations now and again. In that lighter spirit, I have to ask you all........

When you were a kid, what was your absolute favorite cartoon that you would NEVER MISS every Saturday morning while you enjoyed a (gasp) big ass bowl of Cap'n Crunch with (gasp) Crunch berries? Something else was your fave??? Please respond, I'm sure we'd all like to know? :)

Me, easy.... Scooby- Doo, Where Are You? The rest of you? Be careful because if you answer "The Flintstones" I think you might be calling yourselves out! Just kidding of course!

Time for a little aside and maybe much needed fun like we used to have!

Thanks in advance to responding to this!  :)

Alright, all of you are going to laugh at this but Scooby-Doo was my ATF, and still is. I have the original Scooby doll(he is very beat up from lots of cries, hugs, kisses, years of convos about life, etc.)a lot of kitchen utensils like a cookie jar, salt/pepper shaker, every epsiode of the original shows, as well as , the movies(I don't have the newest cartoons cause they are dumb), underwear and bras, clothes(lots), blankets, bed sheets, etc. Oh yeah...I am hardcore Scooby. I was even Scooby Doo last year for Halloween because I have the onesie, and I had been DYING to be Scooby. LOL! Yeah, I am weird!

Strangely, my favorite cereal was between Raisin Bran, and Frosted Flakes(sneak loads of sugar onto it) because my mother refused to ever buy the fun, sweet kinds. Once in a blue moon she would gift us with the Cocoa Pebbles which made chocolate milk(awesome!), Apple Jacks, or Cinnamon Toast Crunch. That was it! When I went to friend's houses or finally turned 18, I got others like Fruit Loops, Lucky Charms, and Capt Crunch. They are okay. I now love my All Bran with bananas, or Life.

Another that I wouldn't miss was Bugs Bunny...how could anyone not love Bugs Bunny(Looney Toons)!?!?

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Saturday mornings were for Looney Toons and loved Frosted Mini Wheats. After school was Transformers of course

My dad is from the deep south so we never had cold cereal for breakfast. It was always meat, fruit, & porridge (grits, cream of wheat or malt-o-meal) on weekdays before school & a full spread on the weekends. My favs were Inspector Gadget before school, Blinky's Fun Club after school (Happy birth-day Dear chil-dren) & Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles on Saturday mornings.

BUGS BUNNY!!! Scooby doo and Cheerio’s !!! Then later on after school he-man, She-ra, thunder cats, silver spoons and Punky Brewster!

going even further than that...Pippy long stockings!!! I think I was like 4 when my Nana had me watch that! 

Then in the morning it was Romper room! And who can ever forget Mr. Rogers! 

Back before Dancing with the stars, there was Circus with the stars! Came on right before the A-Team. AHHHH the 80’s!!!