sparkey600

Something Lighter, It's Much Needed.....

46 posts in this topic

When I was very young I loved cartoons like Flintstones, Jetsons, duck tales, pirates of the dark water, Jonny quest, gargoyles, Aladdin, talespin, dark wing duck, Tom and Jerry. Into my adolescents nothing beat DragonBall z, hey Arnold and recess! 

22 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Who could forget Yogi Bear!

Try Roy Rogers and Mighty Mouse.  

Ahhh this takes me back......I agree with Sultry Kitten on Bugs Bunny.  There was also the flintstones, but my ATF was The Howdy Doody Show and my younger siblings loved Captain Kangroo!   Wheaties was our cereal of choice.

BR

9 hours ago, Bob Richards said:

Ahhh this takes me back......I agree with Sultry Kitten on Bugs Bunny.  There was also the flintstones, but my ATF was The Howdy Doody Show and my younger siblings loved Captain Kangroo!   Wheaties was our cereal of choice.

BR

A lady down the block got the first TV set in the neighborhood. She’d invite the kids by for cocoa & Howdy Doody. I still remember getting bundled up in my snow suit to trundle over to her house for my turn at perhap 3 or 4 (we moved before I was 5).

[edit] I also remember having a ClaraBell puppet a few years later.

Don’t forget Buster Brown!

Edited by Bit Banger

20 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

Another that I wouldn't miss was Bugs Bunny...how could anyone not love Bugs Bunny(Looney Toons)!?!?

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

An absolute classic! I had a stuffed one that I consulted on every significant decision... and wish he were a member of Congress today. :)

;)

Don't forget about Lamb Chop. 

That's right, I forgot about Bugs Bunny.  The all time classic cartoons.  And since we are on TOB, let's not forget about Lola:

On 4/21/2018 at 11:33 PM, fishndude57 said:

You are farrrr younger than I am. Friday nights the Flinstones, Saturday am the Jetsons. Oh mercy, I'm old. 

I bought a Roomba last week. I named "her" Rosie. Enough said!:)

On 4/21/2018 at 11:34 PM, BadBoy said:

Hey, BooBoo, life is like a pick-a-nick basket, you never know what you are going to get.

I loved Yogi Bear too!

On 4/22/2018 at 5:27 PM, Melissa Sterling said:

BUGS BUNNY!!! Scooby doo and Cheerio’s !!! Then later on after school he-man, She-ra, thunder cats, silver spoons and Punky Brewster!

going even further than that...Pippy long stockings!!! I think I was like 4 when my Nana had me watch that! 

Then in the morning it was Romper room! And who can ever forget Mr. Rogers! 

Back before Dancing with the stars, there was Circus with the stars! Came on right before the A-Team. AHHHH the 80’s!!!

Ahhh, nothing better than Bugs Bunny! I loved all the Looney Toones to say the least!

I'm sure none of those cartoons are PC these days though! Shame to say the least.

On 4/22/2018 at 9:38 PM, lakerboy24 said:

When I was very young I loved cartoons like Flintstones, Jetsons, duck tales, pirates of the dark water, Jonny quest, gargoyles, Aladdin, talespin, dark wing duck, Tom and Jerry. Into my adolescents nothing beat DragonBall z, hey Arnold and recess! 

Johnny Quest was the BOMB! LOVED IT!!!!!

I recorded a lot of episodes so my "future" grand kids" (ok right now son of a!) might see some real cartoons!

On 4/22/2018 at 5:59 PM, fred1964 said:

Bugs Bunny, Underdog, Popeye, Scooby Doo

I love Underdog....Have a few of the episodes on DVD and share them with the Grandkidos! Nice choice!

On 4/23/2018 at 4:14 PM, tide32 said:

;)

Don't forget about Lamb Chop. 

Lamb Chop was in every Thanksgiving parade I ever saw!

On 4/21/2018 at 11:33 PM, fishndude57 said:

You are farrrr younger than I am. Friday nights the Flinstones, Saturday am the Jetsons. Oh mercy, I'm old. 

Nope old at all, just as honest as you've ever been, which is why we on here all of us appreciate you're response!

I might tell you, I loved the Flintsones and the Jetsones as well! Do you remember watching another all time favorite of mine? Jhonney Quest?