Bravo1

Safe Communication

16 posts in this topic

So because of the current changes and some people sitting here just waiting for the other shoe to drop, what are people doing to stay in touch or be able to communicate more easily or without concern of outside interference or monitoring?  I've heard of KIK and wondering if that is a good method seeing as how it does not include phone numbers so providers can keep those private until establishing rapport with a hobbyist?  Thoughts?

We can communicate here on the board, use twitter, pm's, etc.  Some people use snapchat, KIK and switter.

Nothign really has changed about the way to communicate.

We should all be aware that googling the handles we use on the board, will expose links back to the messages here. The same is true for tweets (twitter) and toots  (switter). I think google crawled ECCIE and some other boards too. 

Be careful.  I posted another way to find old information (particularly the old reviews which were recently redacted) and I got banned for 3 days...

Get a 43k soundproof phone booth for your office like Scott Pruitt, Head of the EPA did.  That's how he keeps all his convo's secret! 

3 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Shoe phone and the cone of silence. 

Maybe not the shoe phones, but I think cones of silence would sell out faster than they would make them.

:D it's been a learning curve let me tell you! but... like everything in life.. it would take time but everything it's gonna be alright. 

I was thinking using PM would be the best. But without all the previously available info there are so much more unknown. Which might lead to some questions that one was supposed to never ask in communication with the ladies. Do people feel like the communication etiquette need to evolve? As of now I found it to be very helpful for the listings to have a website link.

9 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Shoe phone and the cone of silence. 

Oh yeah...that is so (Maxwell) Smart.  Thanks for the laugh and bringing back some good memories.  

50 minutes ago, kawirider5 said:

I was thinking using PM would be the best. But without all the previously available info there are so much more unknown. Which might lead to some questions that one was supposed to never ask in communication with the ladies. Do people feel like the communication etiquette need to evolve? As of now I found it to be very helpful for the listings to have a website link.

I wonder if there has been an increase in PM's on the board.  I know I get more of them than in the past...and those PM's are welcomed.  Over time, I think that some unwritten "rules" will develop for Pm communication.  We have to find a way to exchange reasonable and important information, in a respectful fashion, while helping keep one another safe.  If we can find a way to accomplish that, everyone wins.

Asking for acronyms considered a safe idea in a pm? From client to client? It’s not explicitly out there for anyone to read. I guess you still might have to screen the client before you give even that info out a bit. 

All communication will be totally secure if you wear a tin foil hat. 

9 hours ago, Laci French said:

All communication will be totally secure if you wear a tin foil hat. 

Calling broker now, buying Reynolds aluminum stock.

Wait, can this tip from Laci be considered insider trading. 🤔🤔🤔🤔😂