Laci French

Ladies, you are not alone.

47 posts in this topic

That's thoughtful of you to always be concerned. Some of us rely on our friends, and have some good ones looking out for us. You know who you are. :wub:

Laci,  I do not mean to be callous or naïve, but can you explain your reasoning behind putting the suicide number out there? I do understand people get depressed and wonder how to get through life’s nuances, but could you shed more light on your thought processes regarding this post?

It's bad but didn't know it was this bad!!! Wow I'm sad for anyone that's going thru this I have dealt with this first hand with my mom and aunt  and it's not worth it not over a job or anything

Edited by Chloeblue83

Whenever things are truly bad talking with a friend can help friends are out there and willing to listen. Keeping your mind focused on the positive is the best way to overcome the difficulties that we face. Positive thoughts, positive actions always have positive results. Peace  and Love to all those or having troubles

So thoughtful of you! <3 

This could possibly mean an entire lifestyle change for ladies out there who don't have a well established presence & those who rely on touring. That would definitely be a big change.  :/ 

*Positive Vibes* 

Yes, please reach out to any of the girls you feel like you can trust for support and guidance. We have some amazing women working in Denver who help each other in so many ways.  We all go through it sometimes, and we all need help. Please don't be afraid to ask for help. You won't regret it.

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

Been hearing of such depression over the changes that we’ve been facing. I just wanted to share some phone numbers with everyone. 

1-800-273-8255 suicide hotline 

888-640-5174 depression hotline 

Please know that we will all find our way in these changes and do not hesitate to reach out.  

Another helpful resource is the Colorado Crisis Services organization.  They have both a phone line and a drop in location.  The phone number is:  1-844-493-TALK (8255).

I also hope that folks have someone they can talk to who are positive, supportive, non-judgemental, caring and compassionate.  Change can be tough, especially when it affects someone's livelihood.  However, I believe we can help each other and encourage resilience to most any change.  My experience is that it is tough to walk through some things alone.  Having someone else to share with is important.  Just my 2 cents.

I think of this like we are all getting laid off from our jobs. This is a super rough time for a lot of people. 

2 years ago, I had a thought that something like this could possibly happen, so I saved up to be prepared, as well as always have a civi job as back up. 

I hope ladies wont hesitate to come up with a plan. Hang in there, and do what you gotta do.

6 hours ago, Laci French said:

Been hearing of such depression over the changes that we’ve been facing. I just wanted to share some phone numbers with everyone. 

Please know that we will all find our way in these changes and do not hesitate to reach out.  

Another resource web page you might consider is the Hotlines for Support web page on the #SurvivorsAgainstSESTA website.

Personally, I do not know enough about any of these referrals I just referenced to really refer with any degree of confidence, except to suspect they may not be directly affiliated with government agencies. If this is the case, this could imply that these resources rely less on government subsidies or grants. This might be something to consider since it was recent government laws that caused the current chaos in the first place.

Laci, you are such a kind person. Thank you so much for posting this! We have never spoken on this medium before but I always read your posts with a high level of admiration. 💕

To all my fellow providers, in my heart I believe we  will make it through these stormy times. Providers have been here since the dawn of time and since the onset we have faced obstacles that we have managed to maneuver. We are smart, we are able to adapt, and able to maintain. Stay strong, screen, and remember together we are strong. 

9 hours ago, Laci French said:

I have been suffering extreme anxiety loss of appetite & can sleep at night, I wake up from nightmares that i'm being arrested or killed on the street

I don't think anyone other than a sw would understand or even care! so I wont bother, I am going over my options but all the uncertainty can make that difficult when you must conceded worst case scenarios.      

13 hours ago, Laci French said:

Thank you

13 hours ago, Kissit40 said:

Laci,  I do not mean to be callous or naïve, but can you explain your reasoning behind putting the suicide number out there? I do understand people get depressed and wonder how to get through life’s nuances, but could you shed more light on your thought processes regarding this post?

Just wanted to let ladies know that resources are out there if needed. 

4 hours ago, coral kisses said:

I have been suffering extreme anxiety loss of appetite & can sleep at night, I wake up from nightmares that i'm being arrested or killed on the street

I don't think anyone other than a sw would understand or even care! so I wont bother, I am going over my options but all the uncertainty can make that difficult when you must conceded worst case scenarios.      

Please feel free to reach out to me for help, guidance, networking, an ear to listen. If I am able to help, I will. I'm so sorry you are experiencing all of this. Just know you are not alone. There are many girls going through the same thing. I seriously, think we need a some sort of support group to share resources and ideas.

4 hours ago, coral kisses said:

Coral, I’ve followed you since I started this in 2015. You’ve always been one of the strongest SW advocates, including SWOP, and their advocates I’ve seen. The battle's only begun, it’s people like you that will pull up the others with your fortitude. It’s threads like this that are important now, not just on this media, but all social media we adhere to. This is our community, I actually depend on this community too, reach out, or for that matter anyone else too. You are not alone. 

Edited by fishndude57

13 hours ago, coral kisses said:

I am so sorry that you are having troubles as you know I am close by and if you need to talk or have a drink or just yell at someone to get out frustrations please don't hesitate to call. Anything I could help you with I would be happy to

This does hold true for the well established ladies, but there are areas where the devastation is felt where they have lost all avenues of advertising.

I also posted this around the holidays. Stressful times can be insurmountable to some.  Little compassion goes a long way right now. 

Everyone get out there and kick Monday’s butt!!😊

I guess I see it from a different side and we shall agree to disagree.  Hope you have a great start to the week. 

55 minutes ago, Laci French said:

I guess I see it from a different side and we shall agree to disagree.  Hope you have a great start to the week. 

I love your positivity on the board early AF in the morning! Smile on!! 

35 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

I love your positivity on the board early AF in the morning! Smile on!! 

That’s what horses do to your life...make you a little ray of *bleeping* sunshine early AF😂😂

On 4/15/2018 at 8:16 AM, Laci French said:

And me! 1800 Happycamper.lol

I knew BP would go down eventually. I know of several advertising avenues that are still open. Someone just alerted me earlier today that another major advertising venue has gone down. I can provide those sites for the ladies on TOB.

Sadly, got the news that a good  friend just couldn't take the pressures of the new law and took her life. Heading out to her funeral with another mutual friend. Won't be online for awhile.....please take good care of each other and take Laci's advice.

12 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Sadly, got the news that a good  friend just couldn't take the pressures of the new law and took her life. Heading out to her funeral with another mutual friend. Won't be online for awhile.....please take good care of each other and take Laci's advice.

JrWolfe, I'm so sorry you lost your friend, and in such a way. This really puts everything, the hobby included into perspective. Friends matter, loved ones matter, PEOPLE matter. Everything else is extra. Please, if you see someone struggling, whether it's because of this new law, or something else in the hobby, or just because life in general can be so hard on our spirit sometimes, be there for them.  My friends in this hobby have really been there for me through the tough times. I do my very best to be there for them, even when its difficult to do sometimes. I really don't want to see this happen to anyone else, especially in our community. This is heartbreaking. 

This is why your loved by me. We never know what someone is going through.

On 4/18/2018 at 5:15 AM, JRWolfe said:

I am so sorry that this happened.  Losing hope, feeling unbearable fear can make someone feel like this is the only way to get out of pain.  Take care.  Grieve fully and allow for some grace.  

JR, know that best wishes & sympathy go to you & your friends loved ones. The collapse of one’s world can indeed drive people over the edge.

Laci, thank you for the PSA regarding hotlines. May it help those in need reach out.

Trolls, your obvious lack of empathy makes you a poor fit for our community.  Please, go restart your own board where you may bash folks as much as you can get away with.  We don't need your divisiveness here. 

TOB literally saved my life.  I thank each and everyone of you for the love and support.  Stay strong my beautiful friends.  I am always here for a coffee and a good cry!!! XOX

Not quite in the same area, but COYOTE may be helpful for some:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COYOTE

COYOTE is an American rights organization. Its name is a backronym for Call Off Your Old Tired Ethics, a reflection of the fact that sex work tends to be stigmatized primarily because of society-imposed standards of ethics. COYOTE's goals include the decriminalization (as opposed to the legalization) of prostitution, pimping and pandering, as well as the elimination of social stigma concerning sex work as an occupation.

COYOTE provides counseling and legal referrals for sex workers