getencrypted

Have you started to Encrypt your Communications yet?

14 posts in this topic

If hobbyists want to exchange information about providers, use  Protonmail. If someone sends you a pm on here, give them your Protonmail address and you will have end-to-end encryption, as long all parties are using the service. Plus, you can sign up anonymously. If everyone is not already using Signal Private Messenger for text messages, now is probably a good time to do so. Sharing providers information on here is not something I would feel comfortable doing. Addressing what a lady does or doesn't do along with her donation is not so smart. LE will probably be intercepting most everything on here, including pm's (which really aren't private)...

I'd recommend providers do the same...

Everyone want to maintain "discretion", but using gmail, yahoo, etc.. is hardly discreet. You may delete your emails, but Google doesn't (EVER) and they always comply with LE. LE is going to be on us like flies on shit because we all know that this has nothing to do with human trafficking, child prostitutes, etc... 

Using a VPN may "hide" what sites you visit, but it doesn't encrypt your emails from any service (except Protonmail).

Stay safe...

I've been using Protonmail since it debuted several years ago. I still have my Gmail accounts under my old stage names but will be closing them soon. I also use Opera (which has a built in VPN). Protonmail also has its own VPN called ProtonVPN.

You can also use safeoffice.com for email. I like that it allows you to have 6 different email addresses. I use a different one for each advertising venue that I'm on. That way, when I get an inquiry, I know which venue generated it. There is a way to send an email that will self-destruct after 30 days. You just click on the designated button. Your email is a link rather than a traditional email. The only drawback is that it cannot be responded to. If you're interested, go to safeoffice.com.

Express VPN

Proton mail

DuckDuck go for browser

Tor and incognito as well.

If I am missing something let me know but its time to be aware of the openness of the internet. Also I don't use face book or snapchat. Use tweeter but thinking of letting it go. I like switter but wondering about its safety as well.

12 hours ago, Miarose said:

What VPNs do you guys recommend?

Lots of options.  NordVPN, PureVPN, PrivateInternetAccess (PIA).

PIA is interesting in what's going on, they recently released an ad where they call FOSTA/SESTA warfare against the Constitution and the American Public.

I've used PIA and Nord in the past, both are tops.  

On 4/17/2018 at 6:12 PM, rachelsonoma said:

You can also use safeoffice.com for email. I like that it allows you to have 6 different email addresses. I use a different one for each advertising venue that I'm on. That way, when I get an inquiry, I know which venue generated it. There is a way to send an email that will self-destruct after 30 days. You just click on the designated button. Your email is a link rather than a traditional email. The only drawback is that it cannot be responded to. If you're interested, go to safeoffice.com.

You can have up to 5 with protonmail. You have to upgrade in order to do so but it is worth it.

Also, to those that use protonmail, it is not encrypted if the other party is not using it as well. If they are using their own PGP encryption key then you have nothing to worry about. There are some people in this hobby that still think that throw away burner phones and email addresses used only for this purpose will maintain their discretion. Nothing could be farther from the truth... 2 ladies I see told me that when they started to ask gentlemen to please sign up for a protonmail account or Signal text messaging, most either got suspicious of them or just refused. Both said they gave up trying.

I just wear a tinfoil hat, as Laci suggested in another thread. :D

Big brother is always watching...no matter how much we think we are encrypted.

BTW, there was a movie where one of the characters always wore a metal colander on his head to stop big brother.  I can't for the life of me remember the name of the movie.  it was a mindless movie where nobody had to think.